Thread: Hello from Las Vegas page

Amylen is offline Junior Member

Hello from Las Vegas

Shop Now
    Hi all!
    My name is Amy and I thought I would introduce myself. I am in the process of reading The Primal Blueprint and have converted to a Primal diet. I have been kind of doing a Paleo/Primal diet for a few months but kind of fell off the wagon until I found Mark's book. I am happily back at it.
    The biggest thing I find myself struggling with is following Primal exercise. I am an admitted gym rat and struggle not hitting the gym for intense workouts everyday. I am learning though.
    I have done just about every diet out there. I once weighed 244lbs and at 5'3" that is clearly obese. Before starting my Primal journey I weighed 147lbs. I started eating Primal mainly because I believe in the health benefits but I also would like to lose these last 12lbs or so. We have a 3 year old that I would like to raise to eat to nourish his body rather than eat the junk that is available today. Anyway I just wanted to say hi to everyone.

parakeet is offline Member
    Hi Amylen! I'm in Las Vegas also. Been doing Primal since last Oct., but started out low carb May of 2011. I haven't been a gym rat for a lot of years, but I was a chronic cardio addict for a long time. Switching over to primal workouts was one of the best things I did. No more aches and pains and I feel like my fitness level has benefitted hugely. Welcome to the boards!

Julie