Thread: Why does the track team run carrying a pair of shoes? page

sbhikes is offline Senior Member

Why does the track team run carrying a pair of shoes?

Shop Now
    This has been a mystery to me and I don't know who to ask. I work on a university campus and I regularly see the track team--the men and the women distance runners (I assume since they don't look like the sprinters or shot-putters)--running and they're always carrying a pair of shoes, one shoe in each hand. I thought maybe they were carrying minimalist shoes and at some point using them in their workout, but a closer look at the shoes it appears that they are running in regular fully-padded shoes and carrying regular fully-padded shoes. Why do they do it?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    My guess is that if it's a combined indoor/outdoor workout, the pair they are carrying is for indoors.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    my guess is they morph into quadrapeds when you are not looking
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tribal rob View Post
    my guess is they morph into quadrapeds when you are not looking
    lol!!!