Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sprinting without a timer?

Hybrid View

Sprinting without a timer?

Does anyone do interval sprinting without a timer? Or do people count in their heads? I don't want to have to wear anything on my sprinting.

I usually sprint at parks with soccer fields, I pick out a distance, usually 40 or 50 yards and do those. Sprint, walk back, repeat.

Fartlek traing, run between telephone poles, sprint up a hill walk down....lots of options.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

I run as hard as I can until I can't run that hard anymore.

Sprint between points (poles, signs, trees, whatever) instead of by a timer. I usually warm up by walking. During my warmup, I just pick out objects to run between.

full sprint, wait till you catch your breath, full sprint, repeat as needed
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Quote Originally Posted by abexman View Post
    Does anyone do interval sprinting without a timer? Or do people count in their heads? I don't want to have to wear anything on my sprinting.
    I just imagine there is someone I want to kill badly who I need to catch and bring to justice right now. Works for me. I don't time justice.

Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    I just imagine there is someone I want to kill badly who I need to catch and bring to justice right now. Works for me. I don't time justice.
    I imagine I haven't eaten in a week, and I'm chasing down an antelope.

Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    Hell yeah! Dude, I do the same thing. I imagine there's someone I just need to own like no other, get angry, and sprint. It's freeing in a weird sort of way.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Quote Originally Posted by trekfan View Post
    Hell yeah! Dude, I do the same thing. I imagine there's someone I just need to own like no other, get angry, and sprint. It's freeing in a weird sort of way.
    Yes, its great, isn't it? I learned that technique from a favourite guru of mine, Nassim Taleb the old options trader turned philosopher. He wrote about natural stressors in his Why I Walk essay (http://www.fooledbyrandomness.com/whyIwalk.pdf), and how you need to be either running to catch something or running for your life, and it just clicked. He also does weightlifting, now around the 350lb mark for dead lifts. As gurus go he is on Facebook so is pretty accessible.