Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a long road ahead... page

anniegebel Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I've mentioned my husband on here before, if you've read any of my other posts. We've been married for almost 10 years and for a good 6 of those years I've been on WW and he's been hearing all sorts of CW sermons from me. I *finally* got him to eat breakfast after years of consistent gentle prodding. (blushes) And now I'm on to something else (PB) and he's suspicious.

He leads a very busy life and works out when he gets a chance, but that usually isn't long enough for a CW sort of run or weight lifting session. So he doesn't work out as often as he'd like. He's also going to be going to a work related school for the next 2 months, which means left to his own devices as far as eating. He's always got munchies and can't lose weight.

Thankfully he's agreed to read the fitness portion of PB and he thinks he'll be able to make those adjustments while he's in school. (I know he will since PB fitness is so much less time consuming!)

But just now I used www.livestrong.com/myplate to get a gist of hiw calories and percentages. I hope you're sitting down...yesterday he ate around 1000 calories, 55% of them were carbs! I was amazed...after all he was eating "healthy" cut according to CW. I told him and all he said was "hmmm". He doesn't even see how crazy that is! He's 6' tall and around 215 pounds, with a desk job! Like it or not...when he gets back in my hands this summer...no more fiber one bars, grapes, or cran-apple juice!

geeze louise!

PrimalJ Guest

Wait....HE ONLY EATS 1000 calories in a day?!?!?! He could eat 2400 calories a day and still be under maintenance - sounds like he's in complete starvation, and since most of the calories come from carbs, I can imagine that his body does not want to let any of that fat go.

I just can't imagine his energy level being very high...it's one thing to do IF once in a while, but constant starvation is not a good choice for weight loss.

J

PrimalJ Guest

P.S. You should make him breakfast in bed:

6 whole eggs, 3 slices of bacon, mushrooms sauteed in butter and some old cheddar (get as close to 0 carb as you can) - make an hommelette.

I'm losing (although recently hit a plateau) fat by eating 2400 calories a day, I'm 5'10 and 175lbs. I know we're all different, but he could easily eat within that range - provided he eats the right foods.

J

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

anniegebel,

WOW.

I just ate about 1,000 cals for "Linner" (Lunch+Dinner). I'm female, 5-9 and 146...losing a pound a week at about 1,400 cals per day (but only about 20-30 carbs.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

@kuno1chi, sorry, off topic but I'm a waiter and it was around 4ish when I went to check how one of my tables was enjoying their food and I said "is everybody enjoying their dinners?.. wait, is it dinner yet? or still lunch?... let's just call it... dlunch!" they liked it, but then later I was like "LINNER!! that would have been so much better!"

I just think it's funny you should say that...

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

anniegebel Guest

I had no idea he was so far under...I agree that it's just a matter of getting him eating more, and of the right things...unfortunately he'll only be home with me for another two weeks before heading to his school. Hopefully there he'll at least eat out of the dining hall and go out, so he'll maybe get some more calories. He does a decent job of choosing fruits and veggies, so I'll cross my fingers. But this summer when we're all under the same roof again...he's getting an internal makeover!

His energy does tend to be low, but we've always put that off on the intensity of his job. I can't wait to get him eating and working out PB...he's gonna be unstoppable and feel incredible!

Thanks for your thoughts...

anniegebel Guest

Maybe this won't be the uphill battle I thought I'd be facing. After telling Scott what you'd all said he said "hmmm" again, but this time with more interest! lol Then a few hours later he asked me what foods he was eating had the most carbs, where could he start making cuts. I was so excited, but refrained from going to crazy.

This morning he had bacon and eggs with me, rather than a fiber one bar! And he asked what foods he could choose from the galley while he's at school that would be better!

yay!

anniegebel Guest

So, after just a few days, my husband is excited about already seeing results. Last night he said, "you know...with the way you've been having me eat I'm not hungry and I don't feel tired in the afternoon." I was so excited I wanted to jump up and down, but I restrained (still nervous about scaring him off) and instead just said, "I know. Isn't that nice?"

YAY!

jrherring is offline Senior Member

Nice project you've got going on! Good luck!!

Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Haha I can practically feel your insides screaming with excitement! That is so awesome, especially that HE feels better, and is discovering it on his own! Not like "okay my wife is making me do this so I'll try it..." Way to go annie, that is awesome news!

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast