Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journey - Madog page 4

madog is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Another week completed with 5 days of exercising. 3 days of Free weights and 2 of rowing. I've switched to a fat burning type routine for a 6 week period now which involves free weights and BW mixed in. No outdoor work again due to the rain, so I manage to do some sprints up the stairs, run up and walk down.

Foodage was a bit off thanks to attending a 2 day training course. Lots of biscuits on offer and having to forage out for food in a 30 minute window was a challenge :-) It will soon be time to restock the freezer with plenty of meat goodies, I'm like a kid in the sweet shop, cannot decide yet cannot have all of it.

Blimey October already, how time flies. Well the new gym equipment has not been installed yet which is disappointing. Using failing kit make the workouts a challenge to say the least. The routine being followed at present is a bodyweight and DB routine. Mon\Wed\Fri

Lunges with hammercurls 2 x20 sec (10 sec rest)
    DB deadlift with OHP 2 x20 sec (10 sec rest)
    Walking pressups 2 x20 sec (10 sec rest)
    Renegade plank
    Some form of HIIT to finish.

Weekends are filled with digging garden or playing with GKids.

Foodage
    Still loving my mediterrainian style veggies, roasted in the oven. Cajun style sweet pototoes are mmmmmmh. IF has been a bit of a non starter this month as when I try, I fail...feel too hungry.

Exercise

Squats
    Deadlifts
    Leg curls
    Crunches

Some stretching of hamstrings and hip flexor stretches

Foodage

Bacon & eggs

Tuna salad

Ribeye steak & sweet potatoe chips

Time for holiday at last, this seemed to take an age to get around to. A week tramping through some wide open countryside and beach walks. I love this time of year as most places outside of towns are empty. Having the space to breathe and enjoy is immensely pleasurable. No gym sessions, but some fun sprints on the sand can be slotted in I'm sure.

Food will be whatever is available, no junk, but plenty of seasonal fish or meat. This time of year brings the casseroles and stews to the table, along with home-made soups mmmmmh.

Still no new gym equipment as it is reliant on some rewiring of the gym to accommodate the machines which can work iPod's...wow! I don't use so will not see any benefit as I rely on my mind to focus the body on the exercise routine :-) Perhaps the gym will be ready next week (sigh)

Well I'm pleased I set my expectations low.....the gym has not been sorted yet, sigh. On a more postive note the holiday was great with plenty of outdoor walking on sandy beaches and muddy fields, all good legwork exercises. As an added bonus we had altercation with a herd of cows as the farmer decided to move them along the path we were on......I've never seen my OH move so fast :-). As seasoned walkers we are well aware of the dangers when approaching cows, so we diverted into another field.

The exercise routine has changed due to the ongoing gym saga, the latest delay is it needs to be rewired to allow the treadmills etc... to function, something to do with Ipod docking. Pffff I don't think a lot of people in the gym actually use Ipods, mainly generic MP3 players...anyway, it will be done when the site sorts the electrician.

The following was found here twcweek4/
    Cardio

20 seconds of effort with 10 seconds rest then repeat. Complete 3-5 circuits

One armed DB snatch

Sprinting on spot

DB squat jump

Mountain climbers

One arm DB swings

Abs

Weighted crunches x15
    Swissball rollout x15

DB side bends x15
    Lying pendulums x15
    Side jack knifes x15

Hanging leg raises x15
    Swissball jacknife x15
    Double leg cycle -Max

Clocks changed over the weeeknd which always takes a while to get used to, waking up at "body clock normal time" 05:20, but alarm clock says 04:20..sigh

Anyway, enough whinging. Cracked on with the routine this week which has incorporated some cardio on Tues\Thurs. It was not a surprise to dicover how quickly I was out of breath, not having incorporated any cardio for a while.

I had been thinking of why the old belly was not decreasing and lo and behold, this appears on the site...... 9-ways-sabotaging-weight-loss

A read of the 9 ways... mentioned above and I must confess to being guilty of point 4, so I have revisited Fitday to just see if my suspicions are true....I've fallen into the trap of cutting down too much, but have increased the exercise. I will monitor this for 4 weeks.

Monday
    Plenty of slow moving done this week with work on the allotment. Lifting, carrying and throwing was as good as a gym session, but the best part was the bonfire, all that was missing was a couple of mammoth steaks.
    Tuesday
    relaxing

Wed
    Gym session

Thursday
    Outdoor sprints

Friday
    Gym session

Weekend

Allotment digging and clearing.

Foodage will be better than this week which was awful last week due to the weekend bonfire party. Too much junk and cakes..and my Nemesis... Pringle's!!!!! The large freezer is empty and begging to be filled with meat and fish, so on-line orders are in progress. It is the time of year to move from steak to stews and braised beef. I do like this time of year for the range of food to be cooked as I'm not a great salad fan. No matter how much I try dressing it up...I ain't a rabbit

Workout

I can manage about 3 pull ups then complete the remaing as reverse pull ups. Since starting this I have noted my forearm muscles are "talking" a lot...twitching and such like, hopefully getting stronger.

25 pull ups (reverse)
    50 deadlifts
    50 pushups
    50 box jumps
    50 floor wipers
    50 Clean & press (DB)
    25 pull ups (reverse)

Foodage

Large meat order arrives tomorrow which will be most welcome. Looking forward to plenty of curries and stews for lunches. Harvested some pumpkins over the weekend so will have plenty of ingredients for Pumpkin muffins...mmmmmh

Workout

Forearms a wee bit aching from Monday which seems to be from the reverse pull ups, might have to reduce the amount for a week as it was becoming difficult to grip bar, but is ok when gripping BB for deadlifts or doing pushups.

Foodage

Brekkie
    Boiled eggs

Lunch
    Venison stew

Dinner
    Rib eye steak with sweet potatoe + veg

20g Dark choc as snack

According to Fitday my daily calories are 1800-2000 which is up from the usual 1500-1600 before recording was in place.

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Good for you Madog. It looks like you are working hard and I hope you are reaping the rewards.

Have you thought of checking out simplefit for your workouts. Worth a look.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast