Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PB rookie needs some advice page 2

AlamoJack is offline Junior Member

Thanks all for your help. It's going well so far; carb flu symptoms seem lighter after a few days.

The Big L is offline Senior Member

AlamoJack -

As others mentioned, the cravings vary depending on the individual and his circumstances. I'm in my 6th week, and I've only had a few unseemly cravings -- donuts, crackers, or candy. 90% of the time I'm so full on fat/protein that I'm simply not hungry for anything at all.

Interestingly, the form of hunger I have now feels quite different from what I used to have. I used to feel _acutely_ hungry -- gotta get food NOW!!! -- multiple times per day. I don't remember the last time I felt acutely hungry. If I had a late or especially filling dinner, it's quite common for me to not feel like eating until noon the next day. When I do feel hunger now, it's more of a realization than a sensation..."Hey, I think I'm going to want to eat some food in a while, so I better start cooking it soon."

CraigM83 is offline Junior Member

AlamoJack,

Congrats on getting started. My fiance and I both started the PB two Sundays ago and we both couldn't be happier with the change. My fiance experienced a desire for carbs until day 6 or 7 and I didnt experience cravings after day 3. I am particularly shocked with my lack of a craving for carbs because I was the guy who ate a turkey and cheese sandwich (with avocado) every day of the week at lunch when I was at work; I would often have a sandwich (or something with bread) at dinner time as well.

I feel great on every level and I can't wait to see myself (and my fiance of course) in a few months when we get married.

Good luck with everything!

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Maybe I didn't suffer for the same reasons that you didn't, Annie. I went paleo first, so I had a lot of fruit, the switch to Primal was easy as pie, and the return of fats made me much happier.

The other side of that coin is the "cheat" meals on Paleo never let my cravings fully go away. A few weeks ago, the order of Girl Scout cookies that I'd long forgotten arrived, and I binged on them. Chocolate is my problem (and I can't just eat a square of dark and call it a day), and I've been singing the praises of coconut oil bark as much as I can. If you thin that will help, search for the "uses for cocoa powder" thread here.

Doritos are a tougher fix, but I find that a can of sardines helps me get past a lot of grain cravings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12