Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal of a New Mom (Stephanie) page

mrscrazykneese is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal of a New Mom (Stephanie)

Shop Now
    High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, along with other heart problems... these are the things that run in both sides of my family, and await me if I continue down my current path. These are things I do not wish to worry about, and now that I have a two month old daughter, I don't want her to worry about them either. In the fall of 2010 I was introduced to Mark's Daily Apple, and over a period of 3 months I lost almost 30lbs. And then came the holidays, and the days of being lazy and eating junk, and I began to feel sluggish. Over the next six months I gained it all back. And when I got pregnant over the summer, I saw it as an excuse to eat anything and everything I wanted. And so the late night snacking, and all the sugar intake to get that "sugar rush" did more harm than good. Unfortunately I had to be induced because of high blood pressure. Luckily my daughter is well and healthy. About 2 weeks after she was born I came back to the MDA website, and I started reading more on the PB. I was tired of feeling sluggish and ready for that burst of energy that would help throughout the day (and night time for feedings). Here I am 6 weeks later and have lost all 56lbs that I had gained while pregnant. At 5'4" and 200lbs, I know I still have quite a ways to go.

I blog as well, but I knew posting to the MDA in this forum for a journal would be wiser for more support in the Primal Community. Looking forward to reading more of others as well.

5/25/12 - 198lbs
    Last edited by mrscrazykneese; 05-25-2012 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Regular Weigh-Ins

So once a month I get together with some friends for Bunko (a dice game). Well it occured to me tonight while there, there was nothing there I wanted to eat, it was all processed junk. So I'm really excited to help host next month's game. And I came up with the theme "Caveman" I figured this way I can eat, and show others how wonderful it can be to cut out all that unhealthy junk. I was just excited and wanted to share.

And for myself, my meals today:
    B - 2 boiled eggs
    L - sweet potato, banana
    S - almonds
    D - steak, spinach

Didn't get a fun outside workout done today, the baby and I went and ran lots of errands then had Bunko tonight. But we'll see what tomorrow has in store

Blyde is offline Junior Member
    Wow you are an inspiration. I will be following your progress. Good luck I know you can do it. Just stay positive. In those tuff days remember that you are not only doing this for yourself but for your daughter.

5/23/12

B - cup of coffee, 4 pieces of bacon, 3 scrambled eggs
    L - was still full from breakfast
    S - can of tuna
    D - coconut chicken, squash and zuchini

Took a nice 30 minute walk with my daughter today.
    Danced around for over an hour - and doing some more this afternoon. I'm helping with VBS this summer and I have to learn all the dance moves for all the songs so I can teach the kids in music.
    Last edited by mrscrazykneese; 05-24-2012 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Adding throughout the day

5/24/12

Got the day started with a walk with baby girl.

B - cup of coffee, banana, 3 boiled eggs, 4 pieces of bacon
    L - leftover coconut chicken
    S - dark chocolate
    D - wasn't hungry

Spent another hour and a half going over dance moves for VBS (June 4-8). Gonna be doing that every day so I can perfect them and them remember then to teach to the kids The songs are actually quite cathy. This year's theme is Lifeway's 'Amazing Wonders Aviation'
    Last edited by mrscrazykneese; 05-25-2012 at 06:39 AM. Reason: needed to add the rest of the day :)

5/25/12

Today tackles a new approach. Even though I get up a lot with Anne (my baby girl) for her feedings throughout the night and early morning. This morning I decided at 7:30 I was going to stay up. Because last night I could have gone to bed before 11 and I just couldn't fall asleep. And for me this is big, because she actually slept in her pack-n-play next to the bed for almost two hours. Lately it had been hard for her to sleep without me holding her, I'm working on this... I want some well rested sleep. Well we got up at 7:30 and then an hour later and she is now napping in her swing.

I figured I would be hungry this morning since I didn't have dinner... but I'm not hungry. It's just crazy! I usually love breakfast and start feeling sick if I haven't had any. Following the Primal Blueprint is completely changing my eating habits, and the way I think of food... I love it!

I'm enjoying a cup of coffee right now as I go through all my social medias (facebook, MDA, email, blogger, youtube, etc.) this will probably go on for another hour as Anne naps, and then it'll be time to take our morning walk!

B - cup of coffee
    L - can of tuna
    S - nothing
    D - carrot crust pizza
    Last edited by mrscrazykneese; 05-26-2012 at 06:17 AM.

5/26/12

B - cup of coffee
    L - 6 oz sirloin, salad, broccoli and carrots
    S - banana, and a few strawberries
    D - wasn't hungry

The day started at 7:30 again, and then we drove the hour into town to go to Academy and had lunch at Texas Roadhouse.

So I've been wanting to get some Vibram Five Fingers, unfortunately I do not have that kind of money to spend, so while at Academy I got a knock off version from Fila. They are called Skeletoes, and only have 4 slots instead of five. They are comfy and will have to do for now. But I am excited about them.

5/27/12

B- wasn't hungry
    L- can of tuna
    S- a few strawberries
    D- steak, squash, zuchini,half of a sweet potato

It was a pretty laid back day. After church, came home and had lunch. Then Anne and I took a nap. Watched a little tv then had dinner. Played a dice game called Farkle, then went to bed. I will say that it' been a while since I've watched TV going to sleep, and I'm still not in the mood. By the time I can get the baby and myself in bed, I'm tired.

5/28/12

B- cup of coffee
    L- not hungry
    S- broccoli, some strawberries
    D- leftover steak, other half of sweet potato

My day so far is productive, I woke up and had a cup of coffee. I got all the laundry done, got Anne's onesie and my shirt ready for VBS. By that I mean I ironed on the iron-ons and then started decortaing mine with some fabric paint, after it drys I'll do the back of my shirt. Gonna be spending the day going over the music and dances for VBS, and then I meet with one of the girls from church this evening whom I'm doing Music Class with for VBS so we can go over some details.
    Last edited by mrscrazykneese; 05-28-2012 at 05:25 PM.

PrimalCon New York
    5/29/12

B- cup of coffee
    L - wasn't hungry
    S - broccoli
    D - fish, squash, zuchini

Had a great morning walk, and then baby girl and I went grocery shopping. Here in a bit about to dance around some more to that wonderful VBS music
    Last edited by mrscrazykneese; 05-30-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast