Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Eating Just One Meal A Day? page

Graycat is offline Senior Member

Anyone Else Eating Just One Meal A Day?

I started this experiment 3 days ago and I'm curious what to expect. Is anyone else eating just once a day?
    I'd eat about 1200 calories at 5 pm. and that's it. I am very active and exercise 5 days a week and I also keep it low-carb (have for over a year). So far I am not hungry until late in the afternoon. Any thoughts?

Buffdv is offline Senior Member
    Two to four times per week I will fast from dinner to dinner. Usually it is no issue at all. Sometimes I'll get hungry late afternoon and eat a handful of almonds or a hard boiled egg. Sometimes I'll eat a bigger dinner or snack some after dinner. But, overall I enjoy a 20 hour fast 4 hour eating window. It makes the day easy, no worries about having, making or eating food.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    I do this most days, outside a few cups of coffee with a drop of cream during the day. I've come to the point where going out to breakfast on the weekend ruins my appetite for dinner.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, about twice a week. That one meal is still over 2000 calories for me though I'm sure.

Darz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CleoCat View Post
    I started this experiment 3 days ago and I'm curious what to expect. Is anyone else eating just once a day?
    I'd eat about 1200 calories at 5 pm. and that's it. I am very active and exercise 5 days a week and I also keep it low-carb (have for over a year). So far I am not hungry until late in the afternoon. Any thoughts?
    I know it's off topic but it's just for you to consider - but someone who is very active, exercises 5 days a week, keeps a low carb diet and only eats about 1200 calories seems to me to be on a road to disaster.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darz View Post
    I know it's off topic but it's just for you to consider - but someone who is very active, exercises 5 days a week, keeps a low carb diet and only eats about 1200 calories seems to me to be on a road to disaster.
    Appreciate your concern, but I'm sure I'll be fine. Maybe I exaggerated my activity level a little. I do move around the house a lot all day long and do yard work too. As far as exercise goes, it's just weight/resistance workouts for about 40 - 50 min tops. Prior to my 1 meal a day experiment I used to eat about 1500 calories.
    I have adapted my body in utilizing dietary fat (and stored body fat) for energy. Also I'm a 5' 3" female and weigh 123 lbs. My goal is 120.
    Thank you for the feedback, everyone!

I can't imagine. I start to get nauseous around 11am if I haven't eaten yet.
    Finally started starting the diet - 5/8/12.

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    Yep, a one meal a dayer right here. I've been doing it for many weeks now and I quite like the feeling of eating to full (whatever that is, it depends some days) and just forgetting about food the rest of the day. It's a great feeling to be free of eating food and I find that it helps in a lot of areas, specifically sleep. I can now wake up early without the use of an alarm clock-my body's like "we need foooooooooddddd!" and I'm up, making myself a meal, eating it, and going about my day earlier, fresher, and with more energy.

Love that one meal a day.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Nady is offline Senior Member
    I usually follow fast-5, but there are plenty of times I am either too busy or just forget to eat before dinner. Seems to suit me~ I have good energy during the day and look forward to eating in the evening.

KatieCHI is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Husband has been eating one meal a day while closing in on his weight-loss goal. He loves it, feels great. I do two meals, but try to keep it within an 8-hour window.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast