Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Eating Just One Meal A Day? page 5

SeanM is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've stopped worrying about it. I eat when I'm hungry and I stop when I'm not. If that doesn't coincide with the arbitrary mealtimes our society has decided on, that's not my problem.

tsarinana is offline Junior Member
    I've been losing size, losing inches, and stopped counting calories. Stopped journaling what I put in my mouth. The kettle bell in my office is my friend and getting up from my desk at the top of the hour and stretching. I go up and down the stairs about 8-10 times a day. The goal is to get back on the treadmill when I want to watch TV and stop being addicted to sugar. Not an easy accomplishment. I LOVE sugar and substitute does not have the same affect. I get hungry about 12:30 and have tuna, at 7pm food sounds good, simple grilled or pan cooked meat. But I need to reduce my sugar cravings. Chocolate is good and I eat less than say a pastry, pie, cake, etc... One meal a day is not the battle for me, I'm learning that distractions can help.
    Yes, protien is tasty but I LOVE sugar. So the struggle is eating one protien with green leafy vegetables.

CDC
    CDC is offline Member
    how is anyone getting enough fats and proteins at one meal a day?..does it not worry you? or that your body will slow down its metabolism over a long period of time?

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    CDC, eating one meal a day is about meal timing, not much about calories.
    Generally it means eating all your calories needed for the day depending on your goals (losing, maintaining, gaining) in a single sitting.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

PrimalMama is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    I've stopped worrying about it. I eat when I'm hungry and I stop when I'm not. If that doesn't coincide with the arbitrary mealtimes our society has decided on, that's not my problem.
    yeah, that...

I'm usually not hungry on weekdays until late afternoon, but I love my coffee in the morning (it's more about the ritual of a hot beverage than anything else, but coffee w/pastured butter or cream is my mug of choice),

...so I usually end up doing a coffee and 1-2 meals... usually some variation of a BAS, and then a clean protein (grass fed beef/lamb, wild caught fish, pastured poultry, etc.) + a cooked veggie and a salad... I might grab a handful of homemade trail mix or a bit of grass-fed beef jerky somewhere in there, but usually only if I'm hungry and can't eat my lunch right away. Usually a couple of squares of 80% or better soy/seed oil-free dark chocolate during the day, and some red wine a couple of times a week... maybe a whiskey on the rocks 1-2 times a month.

Weekends are a different story - perhaps because I sleep a little later?
    I like to do a nice big primal brunch/breakfast - bacon/sausage, eggs/omelets, cooked veggies (shrooms, brussels sprouts, whatever's in the fridge), a nice side salad w/heirloom tomatoes, perhaps some sweet potatoes, perhaps even steak or other leftovers cobbled together or some berries and fage total as a "dessert" - once that's done, I'll eat again when I'm hungry again... which usually means a late dinner.

Bottom line, I eat when I'm hungry, which ends up being 1-2 meals per day.
    Some days I'm RAVENOUS, so I eat more. I'm actually not tracking calories at the moment - as long as I feel healthy and sated, I don't care. (of course that's subject to change at a later date)... my metabolism is awesome and I'm losing excess weight slowly and steadily.

Where I run into trouble is the "expected eating" events... Dinnertime meeting - meal served is ziti + pre-dressed (most likely non-primal dressing) Caesar salad (which practically had more croutons than lettuce) ... I'm not even hungry, but the meeting is with people who work with teenage girls, so if I don't eat, I'll get flack about not being an appropriate role model, yadda yadda.... *sigh* (so I choked down some salad and left the croutons on the plate)...
    Now the reason this is relevant to this thread is... when I eat this junk type stuff, I tend to be hungrier afterwards... sometimes even for a whole day or two...

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Been eating one meal around 5 PM for months now, high fat, moderate protein and very low carb. I have a cup of coffee (12oz) in the morning with half and half and a teaspoon of sugar and I am fine for most of the day. I might nibble on something in the early afternoon, not a meal though. Fat adapted, don't really get hungry. I always stop when I think I am hungry and ask myself: Am I REALLY hungry and the answer is no...my tongue desires stimulation is all.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food.” Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Marko is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    I started this experiment 3 days ago and I'm curious what to expect. Is anyone else eating just once a day?
    I'd eat about 1200 calories at 5 pm. and that's it. I am very active and exercise 5 days a week and I also keep it low-carb (have for over a year). So far I am not hungry until late in the afternoon. Any thoughts?

I've been doing this for about 7 months now. I also eat my one meal at 5 pm., plus I drink water and very weak black coffee throughout the day. My weight was 235 lbs. when I started, and I'm down to 167 lbs. I was 155 in high school, so I'm "almost back to where I started from" as an adult - before all the years of mindless over-eating and driniking. I can tell by the small amount of flab left on my mid-section that I'll probably be right about 155 again, once I get rid of the remainder of my usless fat. It's just really sad, the way we Americans are making ourselves so sick because of our national food addiction. I'm so happy I decided to do something about mine. I plan to eat this way for the remainder of my life.

My only concern, at least at this point, is that there are supposedly some studies that say eating this way causes your blood pressure to increase, which seems counter-intuitive to me. I'm going to break out my blood pressure machine tomorrow and see if this is true in my case.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    yeah generally. Sometimes 2.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    Yep.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    I did a couple months of GOMAD, now I'm back to OMAD (Gallon of Milk a Day to One Meal a Day. Yup, I did think of it all by myself). I gained 25 lbs in about 2 months on GOMAD and 5/3/1. Now I'm still doing 5/3/1, training my rear off to get ready for an upcoming competition, and have lost all but 10 lbs. I'm probably leaner than when I started the bulk-up though. Maybe 12% body fat. And I really look forward to my Onemeal. (Decided calling it "lunch" was disingenuous).

I do eat 2 meals on the weekends. Because I want to.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast