Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Eating Just One Meal A Day? page 4

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    My husband is super lean and muscular, and at one point his normal chronic fatgue got SUPER awful, to the point where going anywhere, doing anything was torturous. We started tracking his food in fitday to see if he could have a deficiency in something, and we discovered her was drastically undereating - his calories were at something like 1,000. The next day he made sure to eat 2,000 calories and he instantly felt better.
    So how are you sure that it wasn't something wrong with his hormones that caused his undereating?

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Anything is possible, sure he could have a hormone imbalance problem. But he's been a very picky eater since he was a kid, and pretty much never wanted to eat - it wasn't until he became a swimmer in high school that his hunger level improved to normal levels. I have a feeling that part of the problem is due to severe arthritis in his knees which prevents him from most physical activities, he never gets to work up an appetite, which clearly he needs to do in order to feel hungry. It shocks me that he's as lean and muscular as he is, considering his level of inactivity (besides weightlifting for the top half of his body).

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Too many variables

But the closer your lifestyle and dietary choices are to optimal, the more you can eat and be okay, pretty much. Personally, I'm definitely not going to jump on the calorie-counting bandwagon again.

Darz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Too many variables

But the closer your lifestyle and dietary choices are to optimal, the more you can eat and be okay, pretty much. Personally, I'm definitely not going to jump on the calorie-counting bandwagon again.
    I had to start counting because of leangains - but once I reach my goal it'll be easy to ignore the calories and eat until full on a primal diet/exercise.

tcseacliff is offline Senior Member
    I have a 3egg frittata , loaded with veggies, every day and usually . not hungry at dinner, but eat anyway, beacause , when i read the blogs, I am not losing weight because i am not eating enough. not sure what is right but going breakfast to breakfast is real easy!

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    I do 2 meals a day in 8 hours mon-fri
    It's so much easier to skip breakfast
    Billie trips balls

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    I just finished 5 days of eating only once a day, it was surprisingly easy. I was eating only dinner between 6-8 PM, and that's it, just coffee and water during the day. I noticed I lost quite a few pounds rather quickly, which wasn't what I was going for, but I'll take it as a side benefit. The only thing I noticed was that I need to work out very early in the day, because late afternoon I was kinda getting sluggish and running low on energy. I think I liked enough to try an experiment, I'm gonna do 16/8 on the weekends, and once a day during the week, for the next few weeks and see how that works out.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KV8R View Post
    I just finished 5 days of eating only once a day, it was surprisingly easy. I was eating only dinner between 6-8 PM, and that's it, just coffee and water during the day. I noticed I lost quite a few pounds rather quickly, which wasn't what I was going for, but I'll take it as a side benefit.
    Sounds good. I think I'll give my IF experiment another couple of days (so it will be 5 total) and see how my tape measure and scale react.

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    Oh my lord, I don't know how you people do it! I get up at 4:30 am every morning to teach fitness classes. By 8:00 I am so hungry to the point of being nauseous! I eat a BAB consisting of 3 eggs, some sautéed veg and usually bacon. Then I'm still hungry for lunch, I think I've made it till 2:00 before. I could probably skip Dinner somedays but it's a habit and I think my DH would start to question if my "diet" is healthy. As he does not adhere to paleo and does not see IF as healthy.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just read yesterday's LA Times. There was an article on the front page about a study with mice showing that on a 16/8 schedule, mice on a high fat (which I've come to understand really means high carb and high fat) diet stayed the same weight as control mice on lower fat chow while mice who ate the high fat chow whenever they wanted got fatter. The stupid article came with all kinds of hand-wringing doctor quotes about how this might not be safe for people yadda yadda but I was like "duh." Too bad I can't seem to do it, though. If I didn't have a job, it would be way easier. If I cook my breakfast and bring it to work, just the act of cooking it makes me get hungry enough to eat it immediately. If I didn't have a job, I could just cook later.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast