Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surprising blood test - high triglycerides page 2

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think it's an error because people with HIGH Triglycerides do NOT (ever!) have a HDL of 57!
    People with Triglycerides over 200 are always in the 30's range of HDL.
    I think you got scammed!

Tgloves is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDF View Post
    What do you typically eat?
    Breakfast is usually eggs and sausage or bacon, maybe some berries. A few times a week I'll have a protein shake with whole milk, whey protein, and frozen berries. I know this isn't primal, but it's no different than a year ago.

Dinner is usually some type of meat (beef, chicken, pork, salmon, white fish, lamb) with vegetables and some berries. Sweet potatoes once a week. A piece of dark chocolate here or there.

Lunch is leftover meat from dinner mixed in with salad and possibly avocado. I usually make some sort of vinaigrette to go with it. Maybe a handful of nuts.

I rarely eat bread, and I can't remember the last time I ate pasta. I have a few beers on the weekend, but nothing excessive. Small amounts of honey make their way into some recipes. Hard cheeses too.

I'm sure I'm missing some things, but I still don't believe my triglycerides could be that high.

maranne is offline Senior Member
    Did you get retested? I am curious to know what happened?
    M

nemanmahala is offline Junior Member
    Hi, everyone!
    Traditional low fat diet for high triglycerides will actually produce counterproductive results, as by limiting food sources of saturated fat, you will trigger your body’s natural response to synthesizing more bad cholesterol to make up for the deficit.

Most statin-based cholesterol lowering drugs do not take care of the underlying causes of triglycerides too high and, in addition, come with a hefty listing of side-effects like, for example, blocking a natural coenzyme CoQ10 production necessary for the heart health. In addition, a majority of people who are on a low-fat diet will naturally tend to consume more carbohydrates that raise your blood sugar and triglycerides levels to fill in the caloric gap.

Here’s a listing of top 10 foods that should be included into the diet for high triglycerides that will actually help you to reduce triglycerides naturally:
    Top 10 Foods in a Diet for High Triglycerides

Be healthful!

Aldengarcia is offline Junior Member
    Well I think you need a professional Lab testing for completed your test again in properly. check this link to know more about lab blood testing http://www.anylabtestwaco.com

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nemanmahala View Post
    Hi, everyone!
    Traditional low fat diet for high triglycerides will actually produce counterproductive results, as by limiting food sources of saturated fat, you will trigger your body’s natural response to synthesizing more bad cholesterol to make up for the deficit
    This isn't true. Low fat diets don't cause high triglycerides. Low fat diets aren't necessarily low in cholesterol, either. Liver is one of the leanest parts of a cow but it is insanely high in cholesterol. So is shellfish. Shrimp is very high in cholesterol but almost fat free.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12