Thread: Newbie here... Day 1 Report page

mscresawn is offline Junior Member

Newbie here... Day 1 Report

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone! Meghan here... I've been reading about going primal for some time now and decided to finally dabble in it. I'm hoping this will be a complete lifestyle change, but I am feeling a little intimidated by it. Anyways, last night, I decided to just kind of jump in today so for dinner last night I had pizza and then a bowl of cereal for a snack. One last hurrah, if you will. I wanted to report what I've eaten today because we are on a tight money budget (and I do really well each week with buying and eating organic) so I want to be sure and finish foods we already have.

Breakfast: 3 eggs, scrambled with cheddar cheese and two turkey sausage links

Snack: 1 cup of organic strawberry yogurt (is this okay or should I get greek? Either way I need to finish this container so as not to waste)

Lunch: One piece of baked chicken marinated in honey and mustard

Snack: Spoonful of peanut butter and banana

Dinner: Greek omelet with feta (is this okay? My dad made them so I didn't want to nit-pick too much with him), spinach, and mushrooms.

The problem I'm having is feeling full. Granted, this was my first day, so I'm figuring things out. I downloaded recipes and all that so I know I can do this! Thanks for any encouragement!

Also, I should add that I'm not doing this to loose a lot of weight or anything. I'm at 116lbs right now at 5'2, but there is a layer of fat around my middle that I CANNOT get rid off. I'm just hoping to eat healthier, be healthy and tone up. Thanks!

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    The Greek omlet sounds awesome, and yes, pretty much primal. Since you are not trying to lose weight, you can have more carbs. If you want to include dairy, full fat, non-sweetened is the way to go. So, yes, Greek yogurt would be good. Add some fresh fruit if you need the sweet taste.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmontana View Post
    The Greek omlet sounds awesome, and yes, pretty much primal. Since you are not trying to lose weight, you can have more carbs. If you want to include dairy, full fat, non-sweetened is the way to go. So, yes, Greek yogurt would be good. Add some fresh fruit if you need the sweet taste.
    Awesome! That's encouraging. Thanks for your response. It's kind of odd because for the first time in a long time, I wasn't bloated yesterday. I felt good about everything I ate and it's such a great feeling! I'll finish up my container of yogurt then switch to Greek with fruit.

seaohh is offline Junior Member
    For the first week probably, I was soooo hungry all the time but it finally goes away. Instead of always eating, I was finding myself skipping meals and not even realizing it. Keep up the good work.

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Hello!!! Well done on getting stuck in Menu sounds nice!

I used to be hungry pretty much all the time but even a few days in this was under control. I think it's the lack of sugary things for me.

magda is offline Member
    Hi I'm rather new to this primal stuff too, but I'm surprised that some of you say you were hungry all the time at the beginning> For me, from day one I actually sometimes couldn't finish my meals. They are so much more filling and have greater staying power than grains and carbs. But I guess everyone is a bit different. For instance, even though primal meals keep me full much longer (5-6 hours), I can't imagine skipping a meal at this point, because after this time I kind of switch from not being hungry at all to being starving with nothing in between - funny how that works

Quote Originally Posted by magda View Post
    Hi I'm rather new to this primal stuff too, but I'm surprised that some of you say you were hungry all the time at the beginning> For me, from day one I actually sometimes couldn't finish my meals. They are so much more filling and have greater staying power than grains and carbs. But I guess everyone is a bit different. For instance, even though primal meals keep me full much longer (5-6 hours), I can't imagine skipping a meal at this point, because after this time I kind of switch from not being hungry at all to being starving with nothing in between - funny how that works
    I would love to hear what kind of meals you are preparing! I don't find myself hungry too soon after a meal, but I'm definitely not full for hours. Either way, I've already lost a pound and feel great! Just need to incorporate more exercise. Good luck, everyone!

magda is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you want, you can have a look at the way I eat here. It's my thread on the Journals forum where I document some of my meals and workouts.