Thread: Fasting and HGH page

noreaster is offline Junior Member

Fasting and HGH

Primal Fuel
    Hi, I'm new to this site, have seen several threads in the past month or two with questions about how to naturally raise testosterone.

I have recently encountered several articles from research done over the last two to three years that state that Fasting triggers huge increases in natural HGH levels men and women, we are talking like 20 times the normal amount.

In my opinion this could be of incredible benefit, natural HGH seems to me that it is the anti-aging miracle drug for the body. Maybe I am mis-interpreting the data, doesn't this seem like this is HUGE news? Thinking that I can just fast for 16-24 hours and get 20X my normal HGH levels, that is incredible.

Just google 'Fasting HGH' and you will see a lot of scientific research done in the last several years on this.

Any one have any thoughts/opinions on this?

Thanks

Insane Grok is offline Senior Member
    take a look at lean gains (Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health)

he basically preaches and knows all there is to know about this topic. and it has seemingly helped me put on extra muscle

noreaster is offline Junior Member
    Thanks InsaneGrok, yes I used to read the lean gains sight a few years ago when I was more into heavy weights, I followed it's principles for a few months but never remember realizing at the time that fasting for 16+ hours had that kind of positive increase in HGH. If I had realized that I probably would have stuck with it longer.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Mark has an excellent series on fasting from March and April of last year which you should read. You might also want to look into Brad Pilon's "Eat, Stop, Eat."

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    All of the above plus there is a poster here named "pklopp" who did a three part series on fasting that I found very informative. He also has a blog, "Cogito Ergo Edo" where you can find his materials. Very well researched. Not at all what is sometimes called "bro-sci".