Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chicken Mushroom Sausage Casserole, very low-carb! page 4

mikalama is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The reason for the small amount of onion is that the recipe's author - Linda - is a long-time low carber (and an excellent cook, by the way). Onion is relatively high carb, so low carbers generally tend to use only the least amount necessary to get the desired taste.

I am a relative newbie to primal living (about 2 months), after having been a successful low carber for over a decade. I can't confect a new recipe to save my life, but have a pretty good ability to recognize a potentially successful recipe just by reading it. There are some exceptional low carb cooks out there, and I have tried hundreds of their recipesd in the last 10 years. I am happy to post some of my favorites cooks (and their imho best recipes) if anybody is interested.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    We are always looking for good recipes, please share!

This looks great, I am planning to make it this evening. I have a few days off work and it will be great to have some leftovers to make the livin' easy. Will add more onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, and reduce the cheese. I'm not VLC and although I am a voracious consumer of fat, there is too much of a good thing (sometimes).
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    I saw "Chicken" "Mushroom" and "Sausage" and said HEY! Those are like my three favourite things! Then I saw cheese and fell in love.

I'm replacing my S.O. with one of these now.

M.

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member
    Made this for my wife on Valentine's Day. She said she would like me to make it once a week.

I used chorizo, removing the meat from the casings. I also added more onion, and seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and smoked paprika. When the casserole was done cooking, I added some fresh scallions on top for color.

This is one of the best dishes I've made in a while. Highly recommended.
    SW (1/4/12): 326 lbs. (48% BF)
    Steak and Eggs SW (5/11/13): 198 lbs.
    CW (6/2/13): 185.4 lbs. (??% BF)
    GW: 185 lbs. (~15% BF)
    0.4 lbs. to go, ??% BF to go

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234