Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why am I SO weak? page

Gadsie is offline Senior Member

Why am I SO weak?

Shop Now
    So i did my first SS routine today, did my Deadlift warmups and when I was at my work sets i could only do 3x5 100 lbs.. 100LBS! Isn't that like equal to a bunch of air? On the starting strength website it says that a male my height and weight should be able to at least deadlift 125. I tried that but I had to bend my back which is obviously wrong. Do you think I'm doing something wrong because I can only deadlift 100 lbs or should I just progress from here on?
    Billie trips balls

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Without wanting to sound like an un-caring jackass, I thought the last thread you posted was your "Last time asking for workout routine critique"?

You need to stop asking questions and start doing some work.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
    Without wanting to sound like an un-caring jackass, I thought the last thread you posted was your "Last time asking for workout routine critique"?

You need to stop asking questions and start doing some work.
    That's what I did, I just came back from the gym.
    Billie trips balls

BigJilm is offline Senior Member
    Im weak as f*** too. I know I have to start somewhere, like wall press ups from the PB fitness guide.

I guess I cant share any experience, only that ripped dudes seem to work harder than I do...

Englishman in Oz is offline Senior Member
    That's a perfectly respectable starting point. And shouldn't you just be doing 1 set of 5 if you're following starting strength?
    If you consider yourself weak, it's probably because you're 14 and you've been weightlifting for 1 day. Let go of your ego and you'll soon be making great improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman in Oz View Post
    That's a perfectly respectable starting point. And shouldn't you just be doing 1 set of 5 if you're following starting strength?
    If you consider yourself weak, it's probably because you're 14 and you've been weightlifting for 1 day. Let go of your ego and you'll soon be making great improvements.
    Alright, aweosme. I was being laughed at today by the way by some dudes 'cause I was squatting en bench pressing with an empty barbll for the warming up. But yeah, I also got a compliment from another dude on the form of my squat
    And you're right, I should've done 1x5. I forgot..
    Billie trips balls

BigJilm is offline Senior Member
    There are two types of people in the world. People who are reasonable, and d*ckheads. Those "dudes" are the latter.

keep it up... fly under the radar... you'll get there.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Uh, aren't you still a young teenager? Do you even have facial hair yet? If not, be patient and wait for the hormones to kick in.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    Uh, aren't you still a young teenager? Do you even have facial hair yet? If not, be patient and wait for the hormones to kick in.
    Uhm, let's say I have to shave once a month
    Billie trips balls

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    I agree with the others, it's because you are 14! My DH didn't really start gaining much muscle/strength until college, despite leading his football team in weight room hours and drinking protein drinks. Some people take longer than others to build strength.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast