Page 99 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 99

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey Cori!

Big hugs, honey. Have my own lengthy stories, so I really, really know. Sigh. Glad that you are seeking help from the pros, though. I would hate for you to suffer a minute longer. Like everyone else here, if you want or need anything...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Peeking in...

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

I'm still around.
    I come in here, to this journal, sometimes and I just don't know what to write. Where to start.

I feel like I need to start from where I left off to a degree, but I'm not sure how much of that needs to be in here.
    So I'll do some "In Search of Lost Time/Remembrance of Things Past" chatter for now...

Last week sometime I hit one of those "special" numbers.
    A number I've been waiting to hit for ages.
    One of those numbers that you imagine is going to be a huge deal.
    It was pretty much the most anticlimactic thing that has ever happened to me.

I'm a woman, so, if you are a woman too, you probably know the weighing ritual.
    Wake up, pee, take off all the clothing, step on scale naked. This is the lightest you will be for the entire day.
    This is THE number. (I don't do this every day BTW... just maybe once or twice a week, sometimes less.)
    I looked at the scale, thought "Well, look at that... ", looked up into the mirror at my naked body and thought, "Jesus, you've got more work to do".
    Off the scale and into the shower with a big *sigh*.

Later was a bit better.
    My jeans have gotten saggy again so I closet shopped and found that my next size down pants from I don't even want to remember how many years ago now fit me, a bit snug at first but better than hitching them up every three steps like the current ones.
    This includes a favorite pair of old Calvin Klein's.
    That made me a little happier.

My husband told me I was ridiculous and was doing wonderful... but he's my husband and is a smart man, and knows that he has to say those things or else. LOL
    We talk more lately, I try and be sure to tell him when I think I'm not having an appropriate response to a situation emotionally because of the other situation with me.
    And I'm not sure about the weight thing.
    Is that a typical reaction for some people? I don't know.
    I mean I am still on the same track, I just don't care as much about the loss... I don't feel celebratory about it.
    It just feels like it's part of the deal, not an extra mission to congratulate myself for. If that makes any sense?

Anyway.
    Last night was my first night of sleeplessness in ages.
    I read that awful, ridiculous, Peat thread.
    The only thing good about it was that cute Hitler Pony.
    I'm retreating back to peeking into Journals and skipping the other forums again for a while.

And maybe posting here more if I can figure out what to say about "stuff".
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    So, so happy you're posting (and peaking, but only peak for giggles, m'kay?).
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Hi Cori! It's good to see you journaling again. I shall celebrate for you. Next time I get up for something, I'll do a small happy dance in honor of you going down a pant size (or two). Here's an advance preview:

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Cori. I know that anti-climactic feeling all too well. I don't do many happy dances on the scale anymore. I think it just goes to show we don't put as much stock in that number as we thought we do. I tend to post it on Facebook, MFP or here in an effort to get some form of excitement out of it, but usually don't find what I'm looking for. In any event, congratulations!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

That thing that happened was pretty stressful, not just for me but for husband too of course.

However, as always he is by my side and standing strong even though things got a pretty shaky.
    The rocky patch is smoothing out, we're communicating, things are getting better.
    And I'm reminded once again that I'm truly a lucky girl.

Last edited by cori93437; 08-13-2013 at 09:35 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Awwww... someone is feeling SO sappy.

It's just our wedding song.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Sappy is good. Sometimes I wish I had something to be sappy about. Then I just growl at a small child and go on my way. LOL (Not really.)
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dear and The Headlights - I Just Do - YouTube

Hulky and I agreed that this is our song.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 99 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast