Page 97 of 105 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 97

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Well, Wyoming is nothing if not remote . . .

If heat is your thing, maybe we need to ship down to Canio for the get-together, then
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Well, Wyoming is nothing if not remote . . .

If heat is your thing, maybe we need to ship down to Canio for the get-together, then
    Hell, if anywhere around here was hiring I would have suggested it with a quickness.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Sippin' mah gingerjuice...

It's supposed to be anti-inflammatory.
    Maybe that will help counter the stress!
    I know there is an entire BOX of those ready to bake double chocolate brownie pucks my buttfaced husband bought as a kindness to someones kid who was fundraising in my freezer... but they have been there for a couple of months untouched.
    We are kind of at a loss on what to do with them.
    We need someone to pawn them off on! LOL

There will be walking tonight... and chicken breasts... and cantaloupe... and possibly some baked sweet plantain too.
    That's stress eating.
    And later when I'm tired... and nice cold glass of vanilla milk kefir.
    Woot! Carb up!

I really need to steam that broccoli from the CSA tonight though. Meh. Tomorrow.
    Salad and fruit tonight.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about the VA issues. Stoopid fuckers.

I've heard good things about both Cheyenne and Minneapolis, but I understand not wanting to be trapped by winter. I feel trapped by summer - like if I don't get everything done by 11am, it won't get done because it's just too hot to do anything.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

I sure do miss me some Khal Drogo(Jason Momoa) from GoT... because, well, hell. Look at him!

But It really puts a burr in my saddle when some nitwits can't concede that MAYBE, just MAYBE, GRRM borrowed that whole romantic "sun/moon and stars" bit from someone else. Just like he based so many other plot elements on other things such as actual historical facts (Hadrian's Wall, molten crowns, the red wedding etc., etc.), and has provided other literary nods as 'easter eggs' throughout the books. Not that I'm saying I've found them all by any means.

But a particular obtuse person kindly told me this evening that I was "100% mistaken" in thinking that GRRM was giving a nod to e.e. cummings with the "sun/moon and stars" bit... And so I quoted it.

silently if,out of not knowable
    night’s utmost nothing,wanders a little guess
    (only which is this world)more of my life does
    not leap than with the mystery your smile

sings or if(spiraling as luminous
    they climb oblivion)voices who are dreams,
    less into heaven certainly earth swims
    than each my deeper death becomes your kiss

losing through you what seemed myself;i find
    selves unimaginably mine;beyond
    sorrow’s own joys and hoping’s very fears

yours is the light by which my spirit’s born:
    yours is the darkness of my soul’s return
    –you are my sun,my moon,and all my stars

Actually I only quoted the last stanza off the top of my head, but still... I wanted to put the whole thing here, because it's beautiful. And it's how I knew, as soon as I read that "sun/moon and stars" easter egg, once it got repeated a couple of times that Khal was GOING TO DIE! It tripped my memory and made me go look up the poem, and I knew. He had to. It was foreshadowing of the best kind.

They said to do so MUST be pure coincidence because GRRM would never "plagiarize".
    Pffffffffffffttttttt!
    That is not plagiarism, that is acknowledgment of greatness.
    There is simply no way that GRRM wrote that "sun of my life/moon and stars" businesses without connecting it to the e.e. cummings poem being the man he is.

There is simply no understanding for the majority of people in this world.
    That is all.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Trigger warning for domestic violence...
    And it's quite realistic, I didn't watch the whole thing.
    Just to the first of the kicking part then I had to stop because of *technical difficulties*.

Someone less triggery should tell me how it is... how it ends and stuff...

Been there, done that.
    And whole lot worse.
    And too the fuckers who did that... stop by sometime and try it again.
    I dare you.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Watched it when it popped up on Upworthy (via Facebook). Damn, that is incredibly uncomfortable making. The end just keeps zooming out on the (otherwise empty) set with him kicking her. It says "Isn't it time someone called cut?" at the end.

[[hugs]]
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, I can't even try to watch it. I must have been abused in a previous life because in this one, every instinct in my body says " kill it, hunt it down and kill it". I'm the crazy one who jumps in the middle of any violent situation I see and have been known to out crazy the crazy person. Luckily I can usually see that shit coming from a mile away and avoid it like the plague, so thanks for the warning! Me thinks you should avoid it too? Why torture yourself?

Why torture myself?

Well.
    First, I don't intend to torture myself but I do like to advocate for anti-domestic violence any chance I get.
    So I saw that and of course figured I needed to watch it before I would post it to me FB page.
    I didn't end up posting it there because unlike others I have posted it was too close to home for me.
    For some reason I didn't want my family members to watch it and know that exactly the same thing had happened to me many, many times.
    I didn't want them to see me that way.
    Words, like the awesome speech that Sir Patrick Stewart gave, are one thing... that PSA visual is another.
    (Maybe I'll be brave and post it today... maybe not. I'm just not sure I want people to know that. It's weird that I still feel shame about it. I know that I shouldn't. And I also know that that's why many women don't report the violence, because of the shame feelings.)

While walking our dogs a week or so ago my husband (a county deputy) and I encountered a man yelling into a house and beating on the windows. Of course my husband engaged him. He was terrorizing his ex girlfriend inside. The man took off before an on duty deputy could arrive. I spoke to the woman briefly... the man had hit her earlier in the day in front of their toddler. I told her that she needed to report the event. That as a "woman who had been there"... Don't wait. Report it. If not the police can't help you and make you stop terrorizing you and scaring your child.
    She had that same look of shame like she was somehow responsible.

My husband told me "You know that you are wasting your breath, you're talking to a wall, right? She 's not ready to hear it. The deputy is going to say all of that 20 more times before he leaves and she is going to make excuses..."
    And I said "I don't care. I've been there. Even if she couldn't hear a word of it I'm going to say it, I will always say it... just in case it is the one time she WAS ready to hear it."

The other thing is that I still have PTSD.
    Not just from the hitting but also from the subsequent stalking and rape by one of the men who did that to me when I left him.
    Watching that clip or not watching that clip is not going to change that.
    I turned it off when it got to be too much, easy enough.
    I have been thinking a lot lately that despite how far I have come from 10-12 or so years ago when I was a complete freaking mess who would have anxiety attack freak outs in public, that I need to go back into therapy and really deal with the rest of it.
    I still have some very deep hang-ups because of it, and I'd like to get past them.
    Ignoring it doesn't help one get past it IMO.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    One of the men I was with hit me exactly twice. I was young and thought the first time was just a fluke. I didn't get him arrested because my only options were no arrest or felony arrest. I just left. Fortunately he didn't stalk me and gave me the easiest no fault divorce in the history of divorces ever. I think his mother had a hand in his leaving me alone once I left also, god bless her.

After that, if I even sensed that a man was going to get violent, I'd mention that The Burning Bed was one of my favorite movies. Because all of those sons of bitches have to sleep sometime.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Page 97 of 105 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast