Page 92 of 105 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 92

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Tonight was Molière.
    It was a joy.
    A fabulous little piece of historical fiction. Simply wonderful.
    Watch it.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Ah, Moliere, good times indeed. I used to have my students read Tartuffe. It was rather amusing watching 13-14 year olds go from "WTF is this crap?' to "OMG can we read it again?!"
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I LOVED Tartuffe. We read that the same year as Rape of the Lock and the Ornesteia.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    It's the removal of make-up that drives me nuts too (shiny lip gloss still makes me happy in a middle school kind of way, but I don't even own any). I don't like not being able to smooch Hulky without getting stuff on him or tasting it.

I could still mess with eye make-up though. I never progressed past the heavy eye-liner stage of high school. My ex got me to stop wearing it and now I'm just used to my face as-is. My sister is really into the cat-eye look so I try to avoid that if I do put anything on. I try not to emulate her in all possible ways.

I think I do a pretty good job with that anyway =P
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Yes, Moliere is rollicking good fun. And I do recommend that movie. It's nice.
    French with subtitles, but fun and light and still heartfelt the way that Moliere is.
    It will probably be on my list of watch agains.
    I do have a penchant for a nice period historical fic.

NM, that's a wonderful pic!

I don't have any problem with makeup removal because I don't wear anything heavy.
    The powder foundation comes off easily with just a good facial cleanser that I use anyway that has alpha/beta hydroxy stuff for exfoliation which I really need.
    And I use eye shadows with an tight angled brush as liners instead of the pencils or liquid liners that stick.
    A lot of the time I skip mascara as well.
    Pretty natural makeup.

My husband doesn't like lip stuff. That's his problem. I have always been and will always will be a lippy addict.
    Lip butters, lip glosses, slightly glossy and pigmented chapstick things, not lipsticks though I have a few, but I put gloss over them... and not ever the thin clear glosses, ick.
    I like glosses that are sheer with just a little color... nothing too much.

He deals with it. He's cool like that.
    He also encourages it because I have a biting and picking problem with my lip... soooo.
    It's a bad habit like biting fingernails. Keeping lip stuff on it keeps my fingers off. LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

The time has come!
    It is the weekend of the GREAT GRILL OUT.
    Well, really it's a BBQ, because there is some serious long and slow smokey cooking involved.
    I suppose I could have dubbed it "the weekend of the BAD-ASS BAR-B-QUE" instead.
    Yeah, that'll work.
    It started last night.
    But I just have to show up tonight... me, my husband, and some drinks to wash all that delicious meat down.

"Meat?", you say.
    Hell yes MEAT!
    It's a BBQ people!
    A real live Florida BBQ of the highest and most primal caliber. (read: it's pretty damn redneck, but that's a good thing.)
    There will be venison(deer), pastured beef, a pair of wild pigs trapped and finished on organic grain to fatten them up a bit, alligator, rabbits(domestic and wild), squirrel, cuyes(that's guinea pigs... don't judge), wild turkey, quail, dove, duck(domestic and wild), possible beaver, and a big ol' shrimp boil and fish fry.

It's the first weekend of summer, it's the 20th anniversary of some friends of ours (yesterday on the solstice), and every year they have this huge party. This year it's bound to be even bigger as it's their 20th.
    It's sort of a summer time type "thanksgiving" harvest celebration, and cleaning out of the freezers of a group of friends who hunt together, and raise a good deal of their own pastured food as well, for the coming hunting seasons. Sort of a rotation of stock and just an excuse to have a great time.

With the 'supermoon' in attendance tonight it ought to be a right good time... I wonder how early we'll have to leave to avoid trouble. LOL

Husband and I missed this party last year due to my silly health issues.
    It's going to be a good time... even if I pay for it tomorrow(and the next day)!
    It's good to be reminded of the simpler things in life... summer can do it.
    My first car, a seriously beat-up brown '73 Toyota Corolla that only had AM radio, so I listened to country music back then when I was driving my car as a teen on all those long hot Tennessee summers going to the swimming holes or to meet friends...
    This is kinda like that.

And at least KC is pretty true to older style country music... the new crossover country bugs the shit outa me.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    A real live Florida BBQ of the highest and most primal caliber. (read: it's pretty damn redneck, but that's a good thing.) There will be venison(deer), pastured beef, a pair of wild pigs trapped and finished on organic grain to fatten them up a bit, alligator, rabbits(domestic and wild), squirrel, cuyes(that's guinea pigs... don't judge), wild turkey, quail, dove, duck(domestic and wild), possible beaver, and a big ol' shrimp boil and fish fry.

Holy snikes, that sounds awesome. Real Florida indeed.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Holy snikes, that sounds awesome. Real Florida indeed.
    There will be side dishes...
    I dare say I need not worry about treading into the world of macaroni salad at this particular affair, though no doubt there is like to be some. With all that meat... I COULD just be a carnivore for the day having a nibble of everything!
    But there will also be lots of garden grown produce of which I will partake freely... even the corn on the cob.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday was our 30th! How is that possible I am thinking! Tonight we re off to a BNQ ourselves. Bringing lamb chops, salad and home made apple space from our apple tree, plus a paleo peach cobbler. Not as grand as your party, but fun for everyone. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Yesterday was our 30th! How is that possible I am thinking! Tonight we re off to a BNQ ourselves. Bringing lamb chops, salad and home made apple space from our apple tree, plus a paleo peach cobbler. Not as grand as your party, but fun for everyone. Enjoy!
    Happiest anniversary too you!!!

Come the new year will be husbands and my 15th... and I have no idea how that even happened, so I'll likely be even more astounded by the time the 30th rolls around. LOL

Summer BBQ's are good for everyone!
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 92 of 105 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast