Page 91 of 105 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 91

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    And there it is...
    I'm not a big fan of this shit all the time, but I admit that modern pain meds have their place on occasion.
    It no longer feels as if Jeffry Dahmer has been drilling holes in my head and pouring acid in there, though my head does still hurt some... and I feel like I'll get some really lovely sleep.
    And it kicked in just in time for the ear scene.
    I love the ear scene.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I've read that the ear scene was not scripted.

I hope your head is better upon waking!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I had never seen Reservoir Dogs and I'm pretty sure after watching that clip it would be too disturbing to watch the whole thing... burning people alive? Torture? Not my kind of movies to watch... Trapping and burning people scenes raise my anxiety. I remember a scene from The Shield, a series that was on FX a few years back, where the 'bad guys' put the people who crossed them inside a stack of tires, doused them in gasoline and burned them. Something like that, where someone can't defend themselves and are literally burning to death and there's nothing they can do to escape it and they're pleading for their life bothers me.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quite oddly none of the stuff you mention triggers me in any way.
    The only movie I've ever seen that really triggered me was called .45, and it was about a brutal, psycho, domestic violent, rapey dude.
    I don't recommend it unless you just want to see some really sick stuff, some of which I lived through.
    I think she kills him in the end... but I never got that far. Simply could NOT watch it. Too close to home.
    Made be feel like I was going to vomit and I had to leave the room.

Anyway, Resevoir Dogs is a CLASSIC.
    But I am also a huge Tarantino fan in general.
    Natural Born Killers is an absolute work of art IMO. And I wish T had worked more with Stone.
    But I like his neo-noir and later stylized camp as well.
    I'm a fan of violent movies in general... it's weird how that works.
    Not "scary" movies or "horror" movies... I think those are pretty silly.
    But serial killers and realistic violence in general.
    (Though Tarantino has strayed away from that with his stylized camp.)
    I know that monsters don't look any different from the rest of us.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Interestingly, it is not the individual violence in films that bothers me, but mass destruction. Recently, I was really upset by images of thrown bodies in Star Trek: Into Darkness and Man of Steel (and the World War Z trailer made me feel sick). It just struck me as completely horrifying to be destroyed by an environment, rather than something more direct, like a fight, or gunshot, or stabbing, or disembowelment. I never used to be so affected. Maybe it's just a hormonal thing that's changing in me. Not sure how I feel about it.

Hulky has lived through some violent things. It doesn't bother him in real life at all, but in films, I find myself stroking his arm to disengage his sudden death-grip on my hand.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I watched Pulp Fiction... and another movie by him... another weird one... was it Vanilla Sky? Butterfly Effect? I can't remember which one is by him - if either are. Eh *shrug* I'm not much of a movie buff so I never remember what is what or who is who (celebrities).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Headache is better today, but not all gone. There is noticeable pressure in my left eye the one that has always given methe most trouble in the past.
    Maybe tomorrow.

Tonight it's Chasing Amy.
    I've always been thankful that I found my 'Holden', and that he wasn't/isn't like 'Holden' at all too.
    No judgments.
    Knows the basics of my past but never wanted any details.
    Doesn't even care.
    The past is the past... now is now.
    He is pretty perfect.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Last night we went out to a cool German restaurant we like.
    They have a gluten free menu.
    That makes them awesome in my book.

I had the gluten free veal Schnitzel Holsteiner Art.
    That's with a sunny side up egg, three lovely anchovies, and a spoonful of capers over the top.
    Bust the egg and mix the anchovies and capers into the yolk as a delicious sauce.
    This does not make my husband happy as the anchovies make him want to hurl, but he's a tolerant fellow.
    For sides I had their special potatoes that have apples, onions, and bacon mashed in, and lovely vinegary red cabbage.
    And an Estrella DamM Daura beer to drink... which is also Gluten Free!

Husband had the veal Schnitzel Champignon Art, which is your basic Rham with a pile of mushrooms in the creamed demi-glace.
    He had the potato pancakes made with onions, eggs, and herbs, and spatzel. And a side of apple sauce.
    He also had a Franzikaner Dunkel Hefeweizen. A beautiful, gorgeous, dark wheat beer. I tasted it. The bastard.
    It was fucking DELICIOUS!

With my rash of headaches the past week I was stuck really behaving. No splurging on wheaty goodness for me. *sigh*

Came home and chilled on the patio with a couple of cigars and a couple of Stella Artois Cidres that I picked up on a whim.
    Completely forgettable. Don't bother. Thin. Watery. No real character. At least they weren't overly sweet, and had light tart flavor and dryish finish which is what I prefer.
    Actually complimented the cigars we had OK... which were freebies from a friend of the husband and not something we would typically choose ourselves. Full leaf with a conneticut shade wraps, but a very light bodied smoke. Very good roll and burn, just no oomph. But it's good to get out of your box on occasion.
    We both generally go for maduros and full on power smokes. The kind where the smoke is really thick, heavy, and almost chewy. Mmmmm.

Also... this.
    If it weren't for my hooded lids I'd be rocking some WINGED liner!
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

I've seen that video floating around, but this is the first time I've watch it ("Okay, fine, if Cori likes it..."). Awesome.

If I had the spare money for a nice palette and good foundation, I'd mess around with make-up more, but the learning curve frustrates me.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I've seen that video floating around, but this is the first time I've watch it ("Okay, fine, if Cori likes it..."). Awesome.

If I had the spare money for a nice palette and good foundation, I'd mess around with make-up more, but the learning curve frustrates me.
    I'm not a big make-up queen.
    I have some of the WetNWild 8pan pallets I really like... Comfort Zone is pretty neutral and great, and one that they put out on special nearly every year called Sparkle til Morning. And I have some of the Trios that I LOOOVE... Silent Treatment, Walking on Eggshells and Sweet as Candy are really sweet neutrals... Knock on Wood and I'm Getting Sunburned are darker. I have a green trio too... Cool as a Cucumber maybe? Two greens and a purple.

Other than that I watch Emilynoel83 on youtube and sometimes pick up more neutral small pallettes of decent store brands that get really good reviews if I find them for like $1.50 at Big Lots. For that I don't mind if it has wild colors that I won't use often. I throw a wild color in with some neutrals for fun sometimes.

Blushes... I have a few favorites. A MaryKay blush called Shy that is an exact match for Nars Orgasm.
    A couple of WetNWild blushes.
    A Revlon blush in something I've been using forever... something mink. It makes my cheeks look sunny.

Base is too individual to even talk about IMO, as far as advising for another person.
    It's a skin type issue... a coverage preference issue... an application method issue... a how long you're going to wear it issue.
    For the past 6 months or so I've been using Revlon Colorstay Aqua Mineral Finish Powder Foundation.
    Now... a lot of people don't like it. And I thought it was weird at first. They changed the formula on me... It was different, and I git a new thing of it and BOOM. New completely different formula. So I didn't use it for a while. But then I gave it a shot, and I like it. However... I don't want what a lot of people want out of it I think. I'm not into really full coverage and super long wear. IMO it wears long enough, and I like lighter coverage. I have my own set of good makeup brushes to apply with so I found one that did a really good job(an ultrafine flat top synthetic buffer). Plus it never feels heavy on my skin and leaves a heavy cakey faced feel like some liquids. No matter how much you put on it feels like skin. And stands up to sweat... it doesn't run in heat.

It works for me. I have slept in it and not even a blemish.
    Someone else could put it on and be zits all over even if they wash up. I've had other bases do that to me.

WetNWild id actually not a bad place to start for some basic makeup stuff like some eye shadows and blushes.
    Especially some neutrals, and if you add in some makeup brushes.
    ELF has some decent stuff too in their Studio line... their studio blushes are $3 each.

Again... Emilynoel83 is a great place to start on youtube. She does reviews for both high end and cheap makeup and makeup tutorials.

To learn it it's all playing. Put it on, wash it off.
    I did the bold stuff and red lips as a young wild girl, but I don't anymore.
    Now it's mostly neutrals and lipgloss, which aren't far from neutral too. Maybe just a little color in my eyeliner if I'm feeling spunky. LOL
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 91 of 105 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast