Page 90 of 105 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 90

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh gosh, I forgot. It helps when they've been dead almost 20 years.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    The really long post from yesterday is cooler.
    This one is just me being bitchy and self indulgent, and I'm very aware of that.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

I've decided to celebrate Bloomsday instead. It's far nicer.

Ulysses snippets arranged to suit me.

“Love loves to love love.”
    “Yes when I put the rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls used or shall I wear a red yes and how he kissed me under the Moorish wall and I thought well as well him as another and then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will yes.”

“Hold to the now, the here, through which all future plunges to the past.”

“It soared, a bird, it held its flight, a swift pure cry, soar silver orb it leaped serene, speeding, sustained, to come, don't spin it out too long long breath he breath long life, soaring high, high resplendent, aflame, crowned, high in the effulgence symbolistic, high, of the ethereal bosom, high, of the high vast irradiation everywhere all soaring all around about the all, the endlessnessnessness...”

“[...] a darkness shining in brightness which brightness could not comprehend.”
    “A region where grey twilight ever descends, never falls on wide sagegreen pasturefields, shedding her dusk, scattering a perennial dew of stars.”
    “The heaventree of stars hung with humid nightblue fruit.”

“What's in a name? That is what we ask ourselves in childhood when we write the name that we are told is ours.”
    “Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home.”

-James Joyce
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    “Yes when I put the rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls used or shall I wear a red yes and how he kissed me under the Moorish wall and I thought well as well him as another and then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will yes.”
    That is so beatiful, but in my head all I could hear was Sally Kellerman in Back to School and Rodney Dangerfield standing up in the lecture hall yelling, "Yes, yes!"

LOL
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I've been trying not to think about it all day. This is the first Father's Day for me without a Dad. Damn, I miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I've been trying not to think about it all day. This is the first Father's Day for me without a Dad. Damn, I miss him.
    I don't do this holiday, but I get your empty spot a little... because I have a huge gap at Mother's Day.

I did hike 10k, very unexpectedly(story a couple pages back), on Friday though. Which is freaking amazing if I do say so myself...
    And yes, I will pat myself on the back at every available opportunity.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

I watched Magic Mike tonight.
    I felt brain cells dying.
    There was not enough pretty man flesh to make up for the lack of anything else that a film should be.

I redeemed myself somewhat by watching 360.

I have the worst sort of headache tonight.
    It's been working up to it all day, and I've been really tired.
    I don't know it'f it's some sort of delay special headache from me whacking the fuck out of my head the other night or what(even though the swelling on my forehead is mostly gone... but I'd really appreciate it stopping. And it's bad enough I'm currently considering narcotic intervention.
    Ugh.
    It's been ages... months... since I had a headache this bad.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Watching Reservoir Dogs waiting for the oxycodone to kick in...
    If I just had an adult beverage this would sound like a recreational thing.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Watching Reservoir Dogs waiting for the oxycodone to kick in...
    If I just had an adult beverage this would sound like a recreational thing.
    Hope your headache is better soon......

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Hope your headache is better soon......
    Thanks Doc...
    I too am hoping that the 'less pain, more sleep' pleasant side effects of this stuff kick in soon.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 90 of 105 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast