Page 87 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 87

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Let's see.

Saturday.
    Saturday was pretty icky.
    It was a monsoon day here in FL.
    No grilling for me!
    I had to go with the oven, and what I had on had was chicken boobs.
    I coated them in some bacon fat to make them sticky and then a crust of italian-y dry herbs(basil heavy, parsley, bay, savory, and marjoram wizzed in the herb coffee grinder) mixed with minced garlic, and minced sundried tomato.
    Baked at 450... still juicy inside.
    That and big mess of sauteed fresh green beans, portabella mushroom strips, and cherry tomatoes.
    Pre-sauteed the mushrooms in some bacon fat, blanched the green beans and drained, got them both together in a skillet to finish with some aged balsamic and some good shakes of Worcestershire sauce along with the halved cherry tomatoes just to warm them up and singe the edges.

Sunday...
    Husband was really tired and not so hungry. His knee was killing him from spending all morning on a dog track.
    So, hot dogs for dinner! LOL
    I know that doesn't sound very primal. But wait...
    I only eat good ones. And well, 20%.
    They are still way too salty for me and I have to take extra meds to compensate. But I do it now and then because I love this one brand!
    It's a New York state brand called Hoffman's. I don't actually like the hot dogs. I've never met a hot dog I like.
    I ONLY like the "Snaps".
    They are white, made with pork and veal, gluten free, and taste more like a sausage with the texture of a hot dog.
    They are divine.
    Now is the part where some people will cringe...
    Two grilled snaps, sauteed onions on top, a couple of dabs of my homemade bacon mayo, a couple of more dabs of sour cream, and top that with a generous amount of sauerkraut(cabbage with shredded carrot, has caraway seed).
    Yes... that's how I always eat my Snaps, and sausages like italian's or brats. Sometimes I add sweet peppers to the onions too.

Husband had Hoffman's dogs... dressed however he does it.
    We both had some salad(no tomatoes, as I was out) and two slices of cantaloupe, about 1/4 of a smallish melon, each as well.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    These are the best hotdogs ever:
    U.S. Wellness Meats — Our Animals Eat Right So You Can Too.

Not sure about the exact salt content but at least there isn't any other nasty stuff in it and the spices are great. They have regular and garlic but of course I like the garlic ones better.

Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog.

canio6 Guest
    So returning the food pron favor...

Shakshuka:

Diced tomatoes
    Chopped onions
    Chopped yellow pepper
    Cubed eggplant
    sharp paprika
    smoked paprika
    thyme
    cumin
    S&P
    turmeric
    tomato paste
    grilled sausage
    egg yolk (poached)
    Gorgonzola

I do not like hot dogs.
    Ever. Never in my entire life.
    The flavor profile is kind of like bologna. Gah! Barf.

I'll stick to my Snaps on occasion as a hold over from times less Primal. At least they are gluten free and pretty clean.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

I wonder how the spammer knows I wear Oaks?
    Spies!
    Spies I tell you!

I hope the NSA is all over this shit...
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I wonder how the spammer knows I wear Oaks?
    Spies!
    Spies I tell you!

I hope the NSA is all over this shit...
    Those rat bastages are just getting started....

I do not like hot dogs.
    Ever. Never in my entire life.
    The flavor profile is kind of like bologna. Gah! Barf.
    hot dogs are made very much like bologna.... just stuffed in smaller casing..... both are an emulsion of fat and very finely ground meat (with a smattering of chicken lips, and pork squeel added for good measure)

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    hot dogs are made very much like bologna.... just stuffed in smaller casing..... both are an emulsion of fat and very finely ground meat (with a smattering of chicken lips, and pork squeel added for good measure)
    It's strictly a flavoring issue.
    All hot dogs I've met have basically the same flavor profile regardless of quality... and that flavor registers as "icky" to me.
    I sometimes had to eat hot dogs as a kid and could do it, but only by swallowing chunks like horse pills without chewing.
    It's not that I'm bothered by solidified emulsions of fat, or off cuts, or anything...
    I eat the "bad parts" perfectly willingly on their own... and head cheese too.

Now those "Snaps" are a different story.
    Same method as hot dogs, but different meat and different spices for flavor.
    I really like those.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

It's strictly a flavoring issue.
    All hot dogs I've met have basically the same flavor profile regardless of quality... and that flavor registers as "icky" to me.
    I sometimes had to eat hot dogs as a kid and could do it, but only by swallowing chunks like horse pills without chewing.
    It's not that I'm bothered by solidified emulsions of fat, or off cuts, or anything...
    I eat the "bad parts" perfectly willingly on their own... and head cheese too.

Now those "Snaps" are a different story.
    Same method as hot dogs, but different meat and different spices for flavor.
    I really like those.
    yup... most dogs are spiced exactly the same....... hence they all taste the same....

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Never have cared for tube steak or bologna. They're both equally horrid tasting. I'll eat tripe, I love me some heart, I can tolerate liver, but hot dogs and bologna rarely pass my lips.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 87 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast