Page 86 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 86

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I just helped a coworker place his dog. He'd been trying for months to find a home for her and finally was researching shelters. I took her pic and posted it on facebook and later that night found a home for her. He took her out to this person's house, introduced her to the other animals and I guess it went really well. The person who agreed to take her isn't a friend so I don't know how it turned out. Hopefully well.

Brad never wants to adopt dogs b/c "they come with bad habits". He prefers to buy puppies from breeders and screw them up on his own. I'd rather rescue.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    After a couple days of amusing our dear Canio with my foodie stuffs I've decided to post more here... Why not.

I should be using this space more.
    And I've been neglecting it.
    And I like my foodie ways. I make no apologies.
    I refer to "foodie" in the best possible way... not the pretentious snob way of course.
    I'm more likely to find good food in a whole in the wall as in some uptown place where they borrow a concept and modernize it or gush over it's "culture" while they have no clue except their glaring pretensions.
    Because I genuinely HATE that version of "foodie".

Anyway...
    I just had a really REALLY fabulous snack.
    I was a bit peckish... I don't normally at this time of day, but what the heck, I don't really do schedules either.
    So, there was this little bit of thinly sliced grilled flank steak left over from last night, about 3 oz.
    (for a full description see Canio's thread from yesterday...)
    Just a little wad of strips in a cup...
    I laid them out in a plate cold, smeared them with my homemade bacon mayo(just a light coat), then smeared over the top of that with last nights homemade jalepeno chimichurri.
    TA DA!
    Abso-freakin-lutely brilliant little plate.

If you rolled those up all fancy and served them pinwheel style I think people would go nuts. Maybe with a tooth pick to hild them and half a cherry tomato on each side.

It will be a bit before I get through that jar of Churri, but I think I will make another batch as soon as I am done and tweak the recipe a bit. It needs more heat, and maybe a little cumin seed... maybe a hint of little something else to be perfect.
    It's awesome as is... but it will be better!

Husband can look forward to much more flank steak in his near future I suppose as I grill and play.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Ah, food erotica, how do I love thee? Sounds great as always cori. I'm with you on the snobbish foodie thing, actually, I prefer the term 'lover of food' rather than foodie because, well, because I am an irritable old cuss and foodie just sounds pretentious

Of course that then reminds me of the dude from Ratatouille - "I don't like food. I love food. And if I don't love it. I don't swallow it." Ah, I love that dude.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Ah, food erotica, how do I love thee? Sounds great as always cori. I'm with you on the snobbish foodie thing, actually, I prefer the term 'lover of food' rather than foodie because, well, because I am an irritable old cuss and foodie just sounds pretentious

Of course that then reminds me of the dude from Ratatouille - "I don't like food. I love food. And if I don't love it. I don't swallow it." Ah, I love that dude.

Certified Food Lover here!

Though to some people I suppose I can come across as food snobbish... but it's just that I think food should taste awesome, or what's the point. I'm not wasting my calories on "meh." I want "ZING" and "awwww yeahhh"!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Though to some people I suppose I can come across as food snobbish...
    Well, no one said people were smart. Just sayin'
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I read some really ill-informed article (opinion piece is more accurate) about the term "foodie" and how it is UNIVERSALLY pretentious and privileged. A former classmate shared it on Facebook and was all "Ugh, totally" to whoever they sent it to. Sad feelings.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I'll just leave this here...

That'll get you some love.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-08-2013 at 06:56 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Certified Food Lover here!

Though to some people I suppose I can come across as food snobbish... but it's just that I think food should taste awesome, or what's the point. I'm not wasting my calories on "meh." I want "ZING" and "awwww yeahhh"!
    And anyone who thinks "low food reward" is the answer is just sadly misguided, IMO.

My food is always going to be highly rewarding. That's just the way I roll.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Say it with bacon! LMFAO

I don't use those acronyms lightly.

I just wish the last bit had the woman cooing over the bacon, for equal opportunity
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    And anyone who thinks "low food reward" is the answer is just sadly misguided, IMO.

My food is always going to be highly rewarding. That's just the way I roll.
    Absolutely.
    That little cold steak churri snack was small, but extremely flavorful and complex. If it had been bland I can only guess I would have been trolling the kitchen looking for something else to munch.

As a matter of fact I really believe that the opposite of bland works well so much better! I like big flavors.

You know. Not the way the chemical engineers at snack companies do it with layers of sugars and salt to make you eat and eat, but with real lovely flavors that wake you up. Hot peppers, tang from lemon/lime and vinegar, herbs, GARLIC, etc. I'm low salt so the others go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Say it with bacon! LMFAO

I don't use those acronyms lightly.

I just wish the last bit had the woman cooing over the bacon, for equal opportunity
    Yeah.
    After that if I were to wake up and find husband cooking me bacon I would probably swoon into his arms dramatically.
    I'd totally take it as a proposal to renew our vows on a romantic sunset beach in Fiji.

That may be one of the most awesome commercials ever.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 86 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast