Page 83 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 83

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    I'm glad your son got a hold of you, even if things aren't hunky-dory still. Kids can apologize for being idiots a million times and keep messing up, but they usually figure it out eventually. He's got the rest of his life to figure it out, as long as he's not being so stupid as to jeopardize his longevity!

I definitely get the fun in planning out the midlife crisis . Hmmm you're already dyeing your hair funky colors, you've already got the bike and the cool wheels (Ghia)...

How're your fishies?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I'm afraid that planning my imaginary midlife crisis/meltdown may just be the most boring thing ever.
    I keep waiting to be upset and it's just not happening.
    I mean, I'm not happy about the situation but it's out of my control and I'm content with accepting that.
    It's weird and I like it. It feels good.
    I've feel like I've been coming to this for a while now. During my last trip to TN for the funeral of my mother's father I realized that I had gone thorough some considerable shifts in the way I categorize/deal with my emotions and pain, and just general life occurrences, these days. It's all become much healthier. A much smoother and easier feeling, like breathing easy relaxed breaths... no more gasping at the air like I'm going to drown.

We take a handful of sand
    from the endless landscape
    of awareness and call that
    handful of sand the world.
    - Robert Pirsig

Soooo... the depth and breadth of the midlife crisis in this house may actually be defined instead by my husband and his wish for a new fur-child.
    My heart is boundless. There is room in it for all the needy pups. So... Though I find his request really off the wall and weird, it'll probably happen.

I am doing some other normal stuff though... dipping my toe into taking up a new hobby. Ohhh!
    We'll see how that goes before we write silly things about it here.

The fishes are good.
    Mac&Cheese clown parents have another batch of eggs about to hatch into fry.
    I suspect that that is occurring tonight sometime before lights go on in the morning from the look of the development today.
    She'll lay another batch within a week.
    She's a busy lady!

Speaking of lady stuff.
    Probably weirdness but I have finally fallen into the ranks of the Primal/Paleo "boob believers".
    I went bra shopping today after putting it off for a while... you know how it is. No one really wants to bra shop.
    And you figure that the reason the fit is ill is just because the elastics are worn out and whatnot...
    NO.
    I've lost weight since I bought those last bras. And that band size is too big. BUT... the boobs are still just as big as ever.
    WTH?! Isn't that impossible???
    All my life the standard was... lose weight, lose boobs.
    I'm now in a freakin D cup.
    I've never been a D before.

I know that Primal has made my other hormones come back in line and behave... but boobs?
    I really didn't think it was possible.
    And speaking of other hormones...
    I play stalked a lovely manmeatbeast specimen in the supermarket today.
    Huge rugged around the edges model about 6'3" and 250. A bit dirty from hard work... HUGE upper body.
    Don't worry I wasn't creepin... he gave me the nod too.
    Nothing like a good little flirt IMO.
    Then I came home and cooked husband dinner... but got put on hold for other things until tomorrow because he just finished a stretch of 7/12's.

Massage today was terribly needed.
    About the time she started working I realized just how bad it really was.
    So much OUCH.
    I'll be back on the table next week again getting it sorted so I can get back on my regular schedule.

Fellin oldschool trip today for some reason...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    And people say a D is a bad grade...... depends on the subject, and preferences I guess..... Some folks like getting A's, some folks like J's.....

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    On the subject of boobs, all I can say is that I went from a 32B/C to a 28/30DD. I got nothin on how it works, but I'll accept it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Same here. torso getting smaller, boobs the same. Maybe I'll go get measured at Victoria's Secret at the end of summer just for fun.

I love intense flirting. I have been having lots of fun with my favorite grounds keeper here at my HS. We are both married. He is only 29. Yes, I'm a dirty minded Cougar and proud of it.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Has he gone mental and gotten a hold of some poor woman's pregnancy hormone prescription by accident?
    That cracked me up.

A massage. That sounds so good. I should find one who does house calls. Massage parlor does sound like a place that delivers happy endings. I think clinic is good. Unless you go for the happy endings - not judging, just sayin'.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I love intense flirting. Yes, I'm a dirty minded Cougar and proud of it.
    Just ANOTHEr reason to like you.... lol

Is waiting for an email or phone call about a possible adoption...
    And is on pins and needles!

Quite strangely this is not the same dog that my husband specifically requested me considering... but remember what I said about dogs that fall into our laps?
    Well, looks like perhaps 'gravity' can sense my husbands mid-life crisis paternal needy weirdness, and it's just plain time to add to our chirrens.

Still... I HATE waiting.
    I'm really excited and nervous this time.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    *fingers crossed!* for you!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

So I had a good chat with a lady who really needs a home for her GSD today, and hasn't had any confidence in any other people she has interviewed. She is losing her own home and in a tough spot. I really feel for her, she loves her dog and I cannot imagine being in her shoes.
    ...But we are meeting this guy tomorrow.

Nope, that is not MY Thomas whose pic has been in this thread and was recently in GOTD.
    But that is an also 3yr old(same age) white GSD from the exact same few miles of area that our Tommy is from, and there is only one breeder of whites in that area.
    Basically... I'm pretty sure one of my dogs long lost 'brothers' is about to somehow land in our home.
    Did you know that Thomas is greek for twin... I didn't until today. Bonkers.
    New dog is actually bigger than our Thomas by about 15lbs, and his nose is rosy instead of black, but that is normal variation in whites.
    New dog has a name, but we don't like it and will change it if the adoption goes forward tomorrow.

I also have to get my hair done tomorrow... so, long day! More "Flaming June", since it is actually June now and all.
    Hair appointment starts at 1... meeting prospective fur-kid at 3:30-4.
    We are taking our Tommy to the local dog park for the two big guys to meet on neutral ground and see how they do.
    I don't anticipate any problems, both are neutered and both are socialized.
    Fingers are crossed.

Also... husband and I went out for dinner.
    It was a nice treat after seven straight of cooking.
    We went to a little Mexican hole in the wall we like and hat their lovely hot molcajete. We never get the tortillas, and I basically just eat the avocado it's served with as well as the whole jalepeno which I chop and add to it to fire it up even hotter than it already is. I eat the cheese off the top of the beans too.

After we went to the pet store because it was dog foods buying time regardless... and we also picked up a new XL wire crate and crate pad. Chirrens need dens.
    Last edited by cori93437; 05-31-2013 at 09:41 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 83 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast