Page 82 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 82

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Mr. Rogers! <3

Well folks...
    I'm doing a thing I NEVER do today. I'm going to a THEME PARK!
    SeaWorld.
    The one park in FL I have never been to.
    (Yes, I've lived near it, with access to free tickets(and today I'm actually paying) for almost 15 years and I've never been... Because I live here, I'm not a tourist dammit!)

Anyway. My uncle, my two cousins about 10 years younger than me, and one cousin's son... about 6... are vacationing over on the beach in Tampa(Treasure Island) from Memphis. Husband and I wnet over to visit with them yesterday, and decided to go to the park with them today.
    I normally don't drive this far very often, and certainly haven't driven after a long day like at SeaWorld... so.
    If I had the time and resources this morning I would be sacrificing a young goat for luck!
    At least I'd have a delicious dinner tomorrow that way...

But the forecast for today isn't bad.
    A high of 85 and T-storms about 60%.
    A very nice FL summer day really.
    If I survive I give a full report.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Cori, I hope you have a great time. Seeing stuff like that with a child of six can be tons of fun.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

I managed to get myself a scratched cornea today... and OMG this shit hurts!!!
    And I want to whine about it.
    Loudly.
    Mostly because it is keeping me from soothing pursuits which could distract me from it...
    Like watching Dr. Who episodes or reading.

I think I'm going to have husband bandage it shut.
    Maybe that will help.

I'm completely pitiful, and my left eye is crying.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I managed to get myself a scratched cornea today... and OMG this shit hurts!!!
    And I want to whine about it.
    Loudly.
    Mostly because it is keeping me from soothing pursuits which could distract me from it...
    Like watching Dr. Who episodes or reading.

I think I'm going to have husband bandage it shut.
    Maybe that will help.

I'm completely pitiful, and my left eye is crying.
    If you have any bacitracin ophtalmic ointment (or the like) to put in the eye, that will help... and patching an eye with a scratched cornea is a very good idea...... It helps to heal the eye.... which heal pretty frikin quick anyway...

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Ouch! My son did that to me once with the bill of his baseball cap. He was 3 and I was carrying him out to the car. We both turned to look at each other at the same time.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I've had a scratched cornea twice. Both times I was patched shut and given eye drops to use. I think you should see a doctor for some drops.

One time the cornea was scratched by an eyelash that got trapped in my eye. Second time was by sawdust.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I patched it shut the night it happend after dousing it generously with those sterile thick moisturizing eye drops that come in the single use pop tubes... and played pirate all day yesterday.
    I was stuck in the eye by a sword after all!
    (lets not get caught up in the detail that it was a sword "leaf")

I took the patch off today and I'm good.
    Still a very small bit of discomfort, but keeping the eye patched shut allowed it to heal without the eyelid constantly pulling at the area further irritating it. Kind of like constantly tugging the "scab" off.
    I'm continuing to bathe it in those sterile super moisturizing eye drops for extra protection from irritation since I have mild allergies, and to keep me from feeling like rubbing it.
    Vision is still a bit fuzzy. But that should work itself out in the next day or so as well.
    There is no infection apparent so I'm safe.

If the scratch had not been healed this morning or there was any sign of infection/goop I would have gone right to the eye doc.
    It's pretty standard for cornea abrasions to heal in 2-3 days with out incident if it's not a really bad one.
    No foreign matter was stuck in my eye, so I wasn't too worried.

*sigh*
    Now I'm not a pirate anymore.
    Life goes on.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Glad your eye is better.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Tuesday I scheduled a deep tissue massage for Thursday at 1, then proceeded to get out of bed piddle around, get ready, and drive right over to the massage place. (I so want to type massage parlor there but it sounds DIRTY.)
    FAIL.
    So I have to repeat the procedure tomorrow. Or rather later today since I keep messed up hours.
    But, it's really good news since I have been neglecting my massages lately and I really need one.
    I booked a full 90 min with added HEAT. I love added heat.
    And I have a ton of stress tension pain in my neck and shoulders right now so it should be a GRAND old time.
    I got my regular gal, and she'll dig in and kill me.
    I need it.

It seems I booked it just in time... just in time for "news" to troll-la-la-la it's way into my life.
    This past week I got a message from my son on Facebook messanger my phone while I was out of the house.
    He wanted to tell me he was sorry for all the stuff that happened a few months ago and that he was getting his life in order now.
    However, I was in an area of bad service so I didn't get the whole message... of course.
    I was checking his facebook page today and saw some posts by his GF when I realized that there was maybe more to it so I went to my messages and got the full thing.
    It's more like he bought himself the remedial handbook for life and it turns out it's a coloring book called "Fucking Up By the Numbers"

I've been listening to Mein Herz Brennt all week, and Rammstein in general, but an inordinate amount of MHB on replay.
    My Heart Burns indeed.

I'm more zen that I might have thought but I've also been meditating on actively pursuing a midlife crisis... why not, I'll be 40 in a few months!
    I don't think it counts if you are thinking of pursuing it though. It more like a little mental joke with myself.
    I actually feel too old for a midlife crisis. Or maybe too mature?
    However you'd describe that.
    It's more like a this too shall pass, I'm just going to keep walking.
    That's why I have the symbol for Tao tattooed on my forearm, along with three smaller characters below it that mean determination to keep going.
    *cue Dory- just keep swimming... just keep swimming*
    Keep walking your path.
    But I think I'm going to fantasize about having a nice breakdown anyway, just the fun parts.

In other really WEIRD news my husband actually approached me about possibly adopting another GSD today.
    This does NOT happen. Dogs are my fault. Even if he wants a dog he arranges it so that I am the bleeding heart that adopts it and then grumbles later even though he loves them. He likes to be able to say "Dammit... your dog vomited on the floor!"
    I think the old man is feeling paternal in some way.

A few weeks ago, right before mother's day a friend of ours told us about a friend of hers that really needed to re-home a GSD because her husband had died and she had to move to Tampa into a smaller home, a condo with no yard, and go back to work full time. She had interviewed a few people but they were trying to take advantage... breeders and stuff, not real homes. So we called her and were going to take the dog in. We'll one family was right before us that had called her and they were a good fit. I'm just happy the dog got a good responsible home. But I think husband was sad that the big guy didn't come to our house and now he keeps bringing up possibles.

And today he flat out asked me if I would like to get a certain dog available from a rescue.
    I was dumbfounded.
    I still kind of am.
    I'm considering the new fur child though I tend to be of the "the dogs that need us drop into our laps" persuasion...
    Husband even drug out the "but if we adopt him the rescue can save more dogs" guns.
    WTF?
    Has he gone mental and gotten a hold of some poor woman's pregnancy hormone prescription by accident?
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    And this here too since I'm listening one more time before I nap for this day...
    My Heart Burns.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 82 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast