Page 79 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 79

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks sweetie I think it's settled, I must go pink again for the wedding.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I can't do funky colors even if I wanted to because of work - Army has a no "unnatural hair color" rule for women. Even though I'm not in the Army anymore, we're expected to uphold the army professionalism standards.

Cori, I want a lily bowl outside now!! How hot is too hot for bettas and do you use freestanding pots or have ponds in the ground? I wouldn't mind having a few bettas on the counter over the winter season. I love watching them.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I can't do funky colors even if I wanted to because of work - Army has a no "unnatural hair color" rule for women. Even though I'm not in the Army anymore, we're expected to uphold the army professionalism standards.

Cori, I want a lily bowl outside now!! How hot is too hot for bettas and do you use freestanding pots or have ponds in the ground? I wouldn't mind having a few bettas on the counter over the winter season. I love watching them.
    I have the freestanding pot on a concrete patio in FL... too hot? LOL
    The issues is too cold, not too hot.
    I've never had a death from heat... though I'm sure you could cook one if you glass jugged it like sun tea.
    These things are from very shallow basically stagnant water of the rice paddies in Thailand, Malaysia, etc.
    Hot, hot, hot.
    They even have a labyrinth lung so that they can gulp air from the surface of the water instead of using their gills for the hot low oxygen environment.

You need a wide, low pot, not too deep... like a half wine barrel(they make special plastic liners for actual wood wine barrels) size is a good start with no holes.
    You need some plants... the garden center usually has some.
    (Not too many, they do grow.)
    You can set some plants that need to be near the surface of the water on a brick to raise them up a bit.
    Some pond fertilizer tablets if you are going to put a small hardy lily in... (a lotus is a little more complicated, bowl lotus can be ordered but are a bit more fragile than lilies/more care less room for other plants)
    And a fishy.
    Tada!
    Water garden.
    No pump or electric required.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Will the lily survive the winter? I have some water irises and cattails in a swampy portion of our yard (sump pump discharge/culvert area) that come back every year, but they're in the ground and the swapy area dries up before winter. Or would I have to replace the plants every year? It gets cold up here - water will freeze solid.

How do you see the fish in an opaque container?

Yeah, if the water freezes solid the plants will die.
    I think that many people over winter in a cold but not freezing area, such as a garage in 5gallon buckets.
    I don't know. I don't deal with those issues... here I just leave everything right where it is.
    There is no freezing.

You see the fishy when you have a seat next to your little oasis for a refreshing glass of water and to enjoy the beauty.
    And then he becomes trained to come and be fed by you and will come out to greet you.
    Yeah... they keep the mosquitoes cleaned out but you still need to feed them sometimes.
    It's ok, they are fun to visit with anyway.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Sounds fun. I bet I could winter them in my basement. It's heated, but not as warm as the rest of the house. Probably 10 or 15 degrees colder - week keep the house at about 70 degrees in the winter, so basement would be between 50 and 60 degrees.

I will give this some serious consideration. I can imagine the pretty little oasis on my deck.

With my beloved Otep Shamaya retiring from music after this last album (Ot3p, Hydra, Jan. 2013), I was saddened...
    With any artist you really enjoy there is something irreplaceable that will just be missed. But her stepping away from the music industry is understandable for me too... you can't scream on stages forever. I'll keep my eye on her for any future endeavors though. My adoration does not wane so easily. <3

But I've also found some new talent to adore. In This Moment's 2012 offering, Blood, with lead singer Maria Brink has been catching my attention for a while and I finally picked it up... and it's not a disappointment. It delivers with start to finish hardcore heavy grind, and a certain sex appeal that shines right through to her voice. (Angry/loud + sexy voice is top notch music stuff for me Slipknot/Stone Sour, Rammstein, and Otep all are in this category for instance) I've found a new young thing to LOVE. I'm a dirty old woman.

~Friedrich Nietzsche

I love "Blood". And the video is sexy in a Marilyn Manson sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I love "Blood". And the video is sexy in a Marilyn Manson sort of way.
    Yeah... I have that Marilyn Manson is sexy in a disturbing way thing going on too.

Also, I want ITM to come out with an official video for Whore, like NOW>>>!

I like it. The 'taking it back' aspect of the subject matter.
    I'm very anti slut shaming. As is my husband.
    I think it's ridiculous.
    Humans are sexual and have their own independent needs and drives...
    Therefore they should all be allowed to make their own decisions about sex (who, where, when, how often) without judgement.
    If a person is married and/or claiming to be monogamous, then that puts the responsibility on that person to their partner, the end.

And unless a woman is either an unmarried virgin, marries as a virgin and only ever has a single partner her entire life, doesn't ever explore her sexuality further than allowing her husband to initiate sex, or even mount her when only HE deems it suitable, and possibly keeps most/all of her body covered... then she is a WHORE according to some entire cultures.
    I'm pretty sure those cultures are nuts ass wrong.

I'm also pretty damn sure ours is as well with it's focus on hyper-sexuality in media, but slut-shaming those who actually do have sex outside the Judeo-Christian boundaries that people still enforce.
    Such a toxic cocktail IMO.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

I agree.

Do you suppose, as cave dwellers, we were monogamous or do you think we slept around? That'd be an interesting study.

Page 79 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast