Page 73 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 73

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Have you ever seen Wristcutters: A Love Story? I think you'd like it.
    No, but I'll look it up.

I suppose I could do a post on the how/why I identify with all four of the main characters in Lime Salted Love.
    Maybe that will come in the next post on self reflection.
    But it may also be more revealing than I intend. I'm not sure yet.
    And I also don't want anyone to go watch the movie on my recommendation, because it really is a cool movie, and then be thinking about what I said about my history in relation to it... weird I guess.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Cori. Sorry about all the bad stuff happening. Hugs to you.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

^is putting a duck in the oven to roast.

HAha! To husband who is out of town.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Cori- I just got a little caught up, since I haven't been in here for a while, and, dude, major hugs. Of the totally friendly, supportive type. People ARE hard to trust, and sharing blood with them doesn't exempt them. But you did everything you could for him, and he has a place to land when he comes to his senses.

I am really glad you have Hubs, though, even if he has to be absent at the moment. Having just one person that won't hurt you can make all the difference.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

~Friedrich Nietzsche

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    !
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey Cori! Just a little note. My aunt and uncle went through a very similar thing years ago. My cousin, their biological son and only child, got mixed up with a bad crowd up in Jersey. He turned state's witness, and out of serious fear the three of them fled NJ for Florida permanently. There, my cousin gets wrapped up in the cocaine trade. My aunt and uncle told him the same thing - love will never, ever stop, but we cannot and will not hang with your bad buddy types, and when you are ready to sort your life out, we will be here, waiting. Took quite a long time, but he made that call.

Today, he is long-since stable, married, gainfully employed, with three almost-grown daughters with his wife, down by Port St. Lucie. The wife is a truly shitty housekeeper, but they stick together, those 5. I have hope. Hugs.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Thank you Crabbcakes.
    That is what we hope for.
    That eventually he will spin his wheels enough, and come to a stop without really harming himself, and that we can be a family again.

Drssgchic, you are correct.
    Husband is priceless.

And now for the evenings regularly scheduled randomness.
    Last edited by cori93437; 02-18-2013 at 12:14 AM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Random Thing of the Night:
    The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.

Autobiography/memoir by famous journalist Jean-Domanique Bauby, written post catastrophic stroke... and I mean catastrophic. Locked-In Syndrome catastrophic. All he had left was the capability to blink his left eye as communication.

I read this book about two or three months post massive brain event of my own(you know the one), still undiagnosed, untreated, in constant use of the wheelchairs/other assistive devices, and having great difficulty with speech... so I had no idea where I was heading as far as getting better or possibly much worse. But that book was really a great thing for me; it liberated me much more than it scared me.

Anyway.
    It's not exactly a "happy fun times" movie, but it sure will open your eyes, let you know what you are capable of, and how strong the human spirit is if it will just grasp onto that strength and not give up.
    I had never watched the movie before tonight... but they did an excellent job translating the book onto the screen.
    Find it, watch it, be inspired.

Heck, I recommend reading the book too. It's not even very big! Just a small thing, only 131 pages... but worth very single syllable. And worth keeping around as an inspiration.

My copy is getting pulled out of the back corner of the book shelf to get put with the other older books I've pulled out recently. I really think it has a place with my Zen teachers in a more accessible area. New formal storage is getting made for Zen and ~ish. And what goes in ~ish is a bit arbitrary I suppose. Things I learn from, or inspires my thinking on the path of life? Bauby certainly qualifies.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Picking up husband at airport tonight so I'm all...

... which is really more like, because I'm not in the water and don't have a tail, and no matter how much I dance around I'm just not graceful!

And I'm tidying up the love nest with fresh sheets and all that jazz hoping for a little...

... which would probably turn out more like this.

Except that it's a late flight.
    It's not supposed to arrive until 10pm, and he has already received one message that it will be 20min late... AND he is also traveling with his mother so I also have to pick her up, drive her home, and drop her off before we can come home our selves.
    I'm betting the evening goes something more like this.

SnuggleSleeeeep.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 73 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast