Page 68 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 68

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    It didn't feel scary at all quite the opposite.
    Strange I guess.
    But I've been having graphically violent dreams for as long as I can remember... ones with much less of a comforting theme than this one. Actually with the opposite of comfort...
    I spent much of my childhood with recurrent dreams in which I was hunted down and killed, and then as I got older it got switched into dreams where I retaliated and defended myself to kill, then began killing out of anger myself.

It felt more introspective.
    I think I'm supposed to be getting something from it, but I haven't quite figured out what yet.
    It felt important.
    It was extremely vivid, particularly the scenes where the lady was dying and I was watching her and comforting both her the man and we were all pretty much naked, then she dies and completely disappears, and then he is sobbing and our comforting escalates to sex territory, and the sadness I feel for the man who becomes angry.
    It's still very vivid even now hours later.
    I can still visualize the images that was I was seeing of her face as she passed away, of his naked back as he bent over her, his ribs heaving. Of him turning to me and the look in his eyes. Of feeling him racked with sobs against me like a child at first. The strangeness of looking back at the empty bathtub and seeing that she was completely gone... and then knowing we could move on and take comfort in each other.
    For the most part it was like I wasn't feeling a lot of anything. Except the deep sadness I felt when I confronted the angry man. I was feeling because I was participating in another's emotions, so I was feeling part of what they were feeling. Feeling in echoes... if that makes sense.

I have zero qualms about dream sex... mine or husbands.
    Fantasy is natural.
    It's our actual life actions that matter.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

It's true, I am.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    That is a very interesting dream. I think you are beginning to decipher it. Could there be any connection to your miraculous transformation of this past year?

Having said that, the aftermath of vivid dreams can bring up rough feelings even though they are not real. Hope you can work through it quickly.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I have always had very strange and vivid dreams. The ones that have the most connection to reality are always the worst for me. Like my brother dying because of neglect from a parent. It's hard to forget those ones.

*hugs* I hope you can find a good (safe) form of stress release!

[edit] To be clear, my parents are not neglectful and my brother is not dead or dying! I just worry about him getting everything he needs to get by functionally. He is 15 and no one has ever tried to teach him how to tie his shoelaces (reminder: he has very high functioning Down Syndrome).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    No worries NW. My sons didn't learn to tie shoes for years because everything was velcro. Did you try to teach him the rabbit and the tree trick?

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I haven't really been around consistently for the past 7 years to try =\.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I really, REALLY, wish that the plants and trees would figure out a better way of sexing each other up and stop inflaming my facial orifices with their nasty wayward spores of love.

Do I need a gas mask???
    Last edited by cori93437; 02-03-2013 at 02:13 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

~Friedrich Nietzsche

So ADORBS!!!

I loooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeee fugglers!
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So tonight I was watching UFC Ultimate Fighter with husband and Chael Sonnen was saying something, evidently something something he's said before, a bit of a motto for him, and it quite struck me. It was this:

"Have you ever heard the expression, "Failure is not an option?" - That is not true. Failure is always an option. And it's the most prevalent and ready option there is. You've got to work really hard to make sure that you don't fall in to that option. There's all sorts of ways to fail... "

And there I am sitting in my chair and laughing right out loud, and saying "Thank fuck for some HONESTY! I mean seriously, it's the truth... "

To overcome a thing, we must first acknowledge it.

Now, in the past I haven't been a Chael fan.
    Not by a long shot!
    Pretty much hated the guy...
    His WWE style of mouthiness seriously annoyed me. But I'm really starting to like him now. He has some great insights that he is willing to share, and he is one of the few guys that I've seen that speaks from a place other than sloppy cliche. That WWE smack talk was his weird sort of sense of humor and his own version of fight hype I think, and I'm learning to forgive him for the things I previously didn't understand at all.
    I'm pretty sure he's a smart cookie. If an odd one.

Failure is always an option.
    You just have to figure out how to avoid it.
    Sometimes the best you can do is a tie. Break even.
    Sometimes you give it all you've got, lose anyway, and just have to learn something for the next round.
    Hopefully you learned something anyway... pay attention!
    (Don't worry, I have trouble with that one sometimes too.)
    But everyday, if you are actively working at succeeding, you are closer to your goals.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 68 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast