Page 67 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 67

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Owwww...

I did something a squelched my lower back.
    I don't even know.
    I slept wrong...
    I stood up wrong...
    I leaned over the sink and applied my mascara wrong?
    Whatever... lower back is all "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" every time I stand up or sit forward.

So I got out one of those heat patches... and there is this warning, "do not apply to bare skin"
    Really, WTF am I supposed to apply it to then? My baggy sleep shirt so that it never stays in one spot for more than two seconds? I think NOT.
    On the skin it went. I'll take my chances.
    (it feels fine btw, that "may burn skin" warning was way, WAY, over reaching... seriously)

Made an appointment for a deep tissue massage plus HEAT therapy tomorrow (oh happy day!), which I somehow haven't been to in an entire month.
    Bad, bad me!
    WhYYYYYY have I been skipping my massage therapies?
    Bad me!
    To make up for all this slacking I added a one hour facial as punishment for tomorrow as well.
    That will teach me.
    Yes it WILL!

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

I ate salty food...
    I feel like my head is going to explode and I'm going to be sick.

I know better.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

I had to get up at 6 am... and I'm sitting here waiting to take and drop my Schnauzer at the vet for tooth cleanings and a little ear tumor removal and I'm all... I WOULD call this the ass crack of dawn, but she really has not shown her precious little crack yet at all... it's DARK out there people... it's the PRE-ass crack of dawn. I will be snuggling back up next to husband right after Little Bear is safely at the vet for his day of terrible things.
    When it's dark out, and this "late" I should definitely be sleeping... *nods*

Tommy (the White GSD) had tooth cleanings on Tuesday, and we nearly didn't get him back... because everyone was so in love with him they all wanted to keep him for their own sweet baboo. The boy is a terrible LOVE SPONGE, he didn't mind at all, soaking up every coo, cuddle, and kiss like it was his specially trained job.

Bear, the horrible neurotic and nervous little beast, will not be as well loved I dare say.
    I'll know at around 4:30 pm when I see him again.

It's possible that I drank enough water to rinse away most of the sodium damage from yesterday...
    Today will also be water logged, but I feel less like dying or head exploding/caving in.
    I really do know better.
    Damned salt.
    Last edited by cori93437; 02-01-2013 at 03:47 AM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Well... dawn cracked her ass wide open, just like that. Boom. Light.
    (the flux just removed itself from my pc screen at 7:21 am)

Still cuddling up with husband in bed again.
    Because it's warm, and I can...
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Picked up the Little Bear and he came home sporting a cone-of-shame due to stitches in his ear from a small tumor removal... and neurotically whining with every single breath, and comically running into things... and watching him try to sniff and position himself to pee is completely comical.

The little old man is a MESS.
    For all his horrible quirks I love him.

Hopefully being reunited with his co-dependent platonic dog mate, Charlie Waffles/Sunshine, will ease the neurotic whining... because GAHHHH!!! It's getting annoying pretty fast.
    Last edited by cori93437; 02-01-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    My dog does that whining too. Drives me nuts. He usually does it when my husband has been home and then left right away. It's like the dog thinks he's outside playing without him. Super annoying.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

And I don't know if I've ever told you, but your avatar makes me laugh every time I really look at it. Too cute and funny for words.

Stress level x1000...

Decompression tunes NECESSARY.

Last edited by cori93437; 02-01-2013 at 11:57 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

I was having a strange and vivid dream when I woke up this morning.
    There was a knock at my door (not this home) late at night and two very distressed men were there, one was carrying a bloody body... shot I think. They looked military for some reason.
    I was in under ware and an under shirt.
    They took her to the bathroom and laid her in the tub.
    They stripped off their bloody and muddy clothes.
    I cut open the woman's clothes to see if I could do anything about her wounds... but it was obvious that there was nothing to be done. I had to leave the bathroom to go get scissors to do this and there were other people in the house, I didn't know them...
    The man carrying the woman was full of grief, he was talking to her.
    She said she wanted to be clean and warm, so he turned on the hot water for her and pulled away the rest of the clothing.
    The second man was in and out of the scene... he wasn't handling it very well. He vomited once. Left the room, came back, wasn't holding together very well.
    I was also talking to the first man, telling him it would be OK. Consoling him as he cradled the woman and her life slipped away. Holding their hands, touching them. Stroking his back as he bent over her trying to sooth him.
    And then she was gone. Exhaled her last breath...
    Just like that.
    He turned to me and said "she's gone, she's dead now", and I could see how broken he was and all I wanted to do was hold him, so I did.
    I embraced him, and he bent to my shoulder and he sobbed and shook and cried.
    And then we looked back to the bath tub and she was gone.
    No body, nothing... as if she had never even been there.
    And his hands crept down to my ass and thighs and his mouth found mine, and I thought it was the most natural thing in the world to give him that comfort too.
    The other man became very angry about it, so I pushed him outside and closed the door and I felt profoundly sad for him.
    And I went back to the man who wanted love and comfort and pulled his head to my breast, and offered him whatever peace he could find.
    And I woke up... no actual sex scenes.

Still really stressed today despite my best attempts at zen...
    Think I'm going to plug my personal C.orey T.aylor O.nly (Slipknot and Stone Sour, plus any "feat." tracks) MP3 player into my head and see if that helps drown it all out.

I'm letting it be...
    But it's breaking my heart.
    I'm human.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow. What a scary dream... I've had dreams where I've done things with other men and felt guilty about it later. What's worse is that we can't control our dreams. I wish we could.

Hope you feel better soon.

Page 67 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast