Page 64 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 64

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am not very successful with nail polish either. During my last theater production I used fake press on nails which looked awesome and lasted, but destroyed my nails underneath.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-17-2013 at 05:28 AM.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Those were, awesome P. Green with zebra stripes or something like that? I guess I won't get the press-on nails after all .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I never paint my fingernails for that exact reason. It lasts, at most, a day before it starts chipping, even with the expensive top and bottom coats. I paint my toenails all the time, though.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I have a little bit of purple on my big toes from sometime in December. Well before Christmas, I'm pretty sure. I never paint my toe nails because I'm so lazy about cleaning them off and it looks so weird when there's just a bit left at the end. I usually pick off my finger nail polish before it gets too sad looking.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I pick off fingernail polish too so there's really no point for me.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Let's see...
    Yes, I do use base coats and top coats. And I'm willing to actually pay for those.

Right now I'm using the Orly rubberized base coat which has a good following, but I'm not sure how much I like it...
    I think part of my problem is that I have kind of soft bendy nails, so today I picked up a bottle of Sally Hansen Triple Strength to layer under the base bonding coat.
    I may order a bottle of CND Sticky soon if I don't start to like the Orly better... It's suppose to be the stuff!

I'm using the Diamond Dry top coat from Sally's... as good as Seche Vite, but no shrinkage... Decent top coat.
    But I'm still tempted to order a bottle of Silky... again, supposed to be the stuff!

I'm finding that this WetNWild Fast Dry feels like it's going to wear well... nails feel harder with it on, it feels like glass(with two coats of the Diamond Dry top coat).
    My propensity for metallics and glitter may make my nails fail sooner... ?
    The color of this "Gray's Anatomy" is still a fail on me.
    My skin tone just doesn't do well with it... in low light it does OK. The yellow/olive duochrome stuff shows up, and I like that... in real light... all pink/purple/pastel gray.

You want it Tasha? I'll post it to you.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I love my nails painted - mostly in the blue family. I've had a slight tremor in my left hand for years, and it's worsening as I get older (Grandma had it also). So, what I have to do when polishing my right nails is to rest the hand with the brush on something stable and move the nail being polished - it's demented to see. Needless to say, I don't do it as often as I'd like.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I love my nails painted - mostly in the blue family. I've had a slight tremor in my left hand for years, and it's worsening as I get older (Grandma had it also). So, what I have to do when polishing my right nails is to rest the hand with the brush on something stable and move the nail being polished - it's demented to see. Needless to say, I don't do it as often as I'd like.
    Oh, yes...
    BLUES!
    I had a bit of a spree and bought 8 or 9 in the teal blue range about a week or so ago...
    And I was temped by two more just today!
    And they have moved right to the top of my "covet" list I think...
    They aren't "cheapies" or they would have come right home with me.
    They are both Nichole by OPI colors...
    Mermaid for Each Other (blue/teal with gold/olive color shift)
    And Dive Into the Pool (turquoise shimmer)

I also thing I want to try the Sally Hansen Luster Shine in Plume for that blue/teal/gold/olive thing.
    And the SallyH Copper Penny glitter!

As it is I really have too many colors I haven't used to be buying more... but they're so pretty...

Time to change polishes again so I can get through all my colors!
    Still haven't done my platinum/black/orange-red combo yet. But whatever.
    Those two colors were just bought as accents to the Platinum, they almost don't even count.

No such thing as a single color for a manicure with me.
    At least to colors minimum. Three if I do an accent nail, and I do like my accent nails.
    Possibly more.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-18-2013 at 12:20 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I love Wet and Wild products. So inexpensive. Especially since I've become more girly due to Primal. Girl stuff can get pricey. My favorite lipsticks are from them and cost $1.00.

Please keep us posted on your best picks for polish, base and top coats. : )
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-18-2013 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I'm finding that this WetNWild Fast Dry feels like it's going to wear well... nails feel harder with it on, it feels like glass(with two coats of the Diamond Dry top coat).
    My propensity for metallics and glitter may make my nails fail sooner... ?
    The color of this "Gray's Anatomy" is still a fail on me.
    My skin tone just doesn't do well with it... in low light it does OK. The yellow/olive duochrome stuff shows up, and I like that... in real light... all pink/purple/pastel gray.

You want it Tasha? I'll post it to you.
    Colors! I'll try it . The only colors that really don't work for me are orangey coral tones (which includes certain yellows, I suppose).

Page 64 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast