Page 63 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 63

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Aside inspired by all this talk of car audio: I miss mix tapes. Mix CDs sort of substituted, but there was such an art to planning out a mix tape, getting the song lengths and order just right so that you could tell a sort of story and have it match the length of the side so you didn't either cut off mid-song or have a big long blank space at the end. I used to spend ages planning them out, calculating pauses so that you'd get the seconds for the tape length just right, and figuring out the message I wanted to put together. So Gen X. I should just go get drunk and read Nick Hornby or something.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

I'll just leave this here for you:

Getting the Body You've Always Wanted | The Hairpin
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I'll just leave this here for you:

Getting the Body You've Always Wanted | The Hairpin
    That is fabulous!
    Of course any time is a good time here... I'll be checking the obits!

More soon... I'm due a post!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    That is fabulous!
    Of course any time is a good time here... I'll be checking the obits!
    You and me both. Hilarious Owly!

Do you ever read Order of the Good Death? I came across that one through the Facebook page for the site. Caitlin Doughty, the site owner, is the woman who does the "Ask a Mortician" videos.

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Do you ever read Order of the Good Death? I came across that one through the Facebook page for the site. Caitlin Doughty, the site owner, is the woman who does the "Ask a Mortician" videos.
    She. Is. Awesome.

And now for me.

I hit a new low on the scale today.
    It's a good thing.

Also, I touched up my auburn color and made an appointment for a hair cut on Saturday morning.
    I'm really in need of this.
    I haven't been in for a cut since I went to my grandfather's funeral, and even then it wasn't my regular stylist so it wasn't cut quite as short as the norm.
    I'm a good bit shaggy, but it's still styling pretty well... a good cut is worth it's price!
    I picked up a bottle of semi permanent color in Crimson Rage Red(or something like that) for after the cut to pop in some dip tips on the front of the angled bob for fun.
    We'll see how the hard red goes on top of the auburn. Should work though... for a pop really red highlight anyway.

Last weeks search for a guy to do my wiring was fruitful!
    It turned out the guy I was going to see has been building ACVW's and ACVW rail customs for about 30 years.
    Nailed it!
    This is what I need.
    He knows all the ins and the outs.
    I'm happy. Now I just have to get it there...
    I'll also be heading out to work on helping husband put a new transmission in his '73 Bronco.

In other news I'm happily custom cutting foam inserts for a set of matching metric and standard craftsman tool chests.
    My husband told his friends and they have all decided that I'm NOT a normal woman.
    He agrees, but is happy about that fact.

On a different front my nail polish matches the foam I'm cutting this week.
    It's called Platinum Party, and is a deep titanium grey with silver sparkles over a base coat of Silver Dollar metallic silver... pretty close to the grey of the top layer of the open cell foam used to line the tool chest. The foam isn't as pretty of course.
    If I can get the polish to last the week I'm french tipping my accent nail(ring finger) with Cross My Heart, a slightly orange-y intense red, and adding a black separation detail line.

I'm pretty sure I've lost my mind.
    Until it comes back... fabulous nails shall ensue!

Other inspirations are afoot too... things are stirring... creative juices thawing from a long freeze... I like it.

Back to the mentally healthy space I was in before all the family drama happened.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-15-2013 at 09:39 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    That nail color sounds excellent. I love me a good silvery/gray shade. My nails have a purple hue lately because of my hair (since my hair already had color and I have only washed it once since dyeing it purple, it's still "bleeding" a lot). It turned my "steel" nails purple and now my unpainted nails look...cold .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    That nail color sounds excellent. I love me a good silvery/gray shade. My nails have a purple hue lately because of my hair (since my hair already had color and I have only washed it once since dyeing it purple, it's still "bleeding" a lot). It turned my "steel" nails purple and now my unpainted nails look...cold .
    Those polish colors were chosen the other day to match my LGBTQ shirt that I wear rebelliously, but undercover, around family.
    It's a heather grey v-neck with black and red writing like this...

Life
    Goes
    By
    Too
    Quickly

... down the right side.
    None of them know what it means.
    Except my lesbian cousin, her sister, and my ultra-liberal gay rights advocating uncle.
    And they are cool, and know how bigoted and crappy the rest of my family can be.

I'll be adding that bright red accent for date night! Woo!!!

It's just kind of serendipitous that it also matches the Craftsman too chest project I've got going this week.
    Win, win!
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-16-2013 at 09:31 AM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

A couple of my nails chipped...
    It happens.
    I buy cheap polish so I can have more colors... I need a new base coat as well.
    I'm not loving the Orly as much as I thought I would.
    I also don't like to wear gloves when I wash dishes. As in I won't do it.
    I've never gotten more than a few days out of a manicure even when my friend who is a pro, and uses pro polishes, does them.
    *shrug*
    What's a girl gonna do.
    I hear all of these rumors about getting an entire week out of a nail polish and I'm all... NO WAY. It's not possible without fakes... those girls MUST be rollin with fakes.

So, anyway... I removed the polish from all the fingers except the ring fingers.
    Painted the naked fingers in Wet N Wild Fast Dry in Gray's Anatomy, which is this...
    Scrangie: Wet n Wild Gray's Anatomy versus Deborah Lippmann Wicked Game
    ...gray base with duochrome thing going on.
    Yeah, not so much my thing.
    I snagged it the other day when I was buying a collection of "blue" polishes.
    But now that it's on it's just not my thing.
    To much pink/purple shift.
    Maybe it will grow on me?

See this is where only paying $1.99 for polish comes in handy.
    I don't feel bad about not liking it.
    Maybe I'll like it better tomorrow or the next day.
    If not... whatever. Not like it's a bottle of OPI, or that Deborah Lippmann that the WnW is a dupe of, going in the trash.

Ohh... I also added a couple of coats of the Northern Lights topcoat that you can get at Sally's over the Platinum color on my ring finger... and I'm in LOVE!
    It's a clear top coat with every color of ultra ultra fine glitter in it... it really has a nice twinkle.
    The glitter is so fine that until you shake it really well it looks clear, the glitter all settles to the bottom.
    Nice top coat for just a hint of sparkle instead of "glitter".
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Do you use top coats? I can get a few days out of a polish that way. I do use gloves when I wash dishes (need ones that fit better though) because my hands get too dry otherwise.

If you ever try the OPI crackle polish (lay it on over another color and it cracks), err on the side of "more than you think you need". You can't really touch it up after it's been laid down, so you have to do it in one stroke (or don't overlap strokes on the nail). It looks cool when you get the thickness right, but I found that it turned everything kind of gray (I used black over red) after a few days. I am going to steal my mom's crackle paint again and try it over some absurd neon color .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 63 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast