Page 6 of 105 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 6

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You got that right! No nightshades lead me to primal/paleo. When a friend told me about the no grains or legumes thing I thought, well if nightshades make such a big diff, then maybe other high lectin foods do too. I was already making most stuff from scratch and reading ingredients since they hide potato starch in almost everything (modified food starch) plus "spices" almost always means some kind of pepper, so...

But, you are right - there is lots of yummy food left in the world to eat! And it is so worth living w/o constant pain.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    What about smashed sweet taters? I can only make them sweet if I make them, so raw local honey & cinnamon & butter and that's it!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    What about smashed sweet taters? I can only make them sweet if I make them, so raw local honey & cinnamon & butter and that's it!
    I decided to try chopped dates in mine... and I love it!
    Better for minerals... that's why I tried it. My husband says no and uses honey though. LOL
    I also like to add a tiny drizzle of molasses. But I was raised on the stuff... it's not something everyone loves.

But I do get local wild raw honey every so often when I'm near the coast. It's very dark and complex because of the bees being kept near the grassflats. Much better than the local wild honey that has a lot of citrus blossom IMO.

Oh, the other thing I sometimes do with sweet potatoes... that honestly makes them a little TOO epic and irresistable... is to bake them in the oven until done... (do double whatever you intend and make it a multi day thing, I usually eat the first normal and do the other with the second pair)... then I refrigerate them for later.

Slice about 1/4-3/8 inch thick and lay out on a baking sheet... I do it on top of foil because they get all sticky...
    Then dab the top of each slice with just a little virgin coconut oil (the kind that tastes coconutty)
    Bake at 350 until they begin to get a tiny bit crispy around the edges.
    Try to wait until they cool a bit so you don't burn your mouth snarfing them down. LOL
    No added sugar necessary IMO. The double baking really concentrates the sugars or something.
    Last edited by cori93437; 05-26-2012 at 10:31 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i like my sweet potatoes baked, then mashed with butter. i'll have to try that double-baking thing though, that sounds delicious!

And its that time... taking my seriously massage sore self to bed before I'm tempted by someone's inanity and general show of poor character.
    Which means no rants with Robot Chicken clips as storyline... for now.
    But I will leave you with this...

Ahhh.... deep breathing and zen vibes and all that jazz.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

In the NEWS!
    Today.... The ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE has begun!

Headline from Miami:
    Naked man killed by Police near MacArthur Causeway was ‘eating’ face off victim
    Read more here: Naked man killed by Police near MacArthur Causeway was ‘eating’ face off victim - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com

Now... this may seem like a random occurrence, disgusting and disturbing but random, UNTIL one considers that in January a man was arrested in FL who had eaten pat of the brain and an eye of a man in Connecticut...
    Cops: Man hacked victim with ax, ate brain
    U.S. News - Cops: Man hacked victim with ax, ate brain

DID these two men have contact somehow? ... is the viral spread of Zombieitis just slower than has been predicted in the ever dramatic media???
    Inquiring MINDS!!!

All I know is that if I read anything in the headlines about a strange zombieish occurrence in a Miami hospital, or any further face/brain eating by anyone in FL anytime soon... I'm going to totally rob a gun store for all the ammo I can get and hunker DOWN!
    Because then, there will be no doubts left... the Zombie Apocalypse it coming!

Last edited by cori93437; 05-27-2012 at 02:29 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

hubby linked that to me as i was eating breakfast- liver and onions. blech! apparently the miami zombie was loaded with cocaine.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    hubby linked that to me as i was eating breakfast- liver and onions. blech! apparently the miami zombie was loaded with cocaine.
    Yeah... not that uncommon.
    Husband had a nekkid guy a few years back running around with his own hand half cut off... VERY unconcerned... cept for the part where he didn't want the cops crashing his high (which included walking into a random neighbors house and attacking them with a 8in chefs knife) and taking him to the hospital for treatment ... then to jail of course.

But he's actually dealt with quite a number of jacked up naked men... mostly coke or similar... once an enormous body builder with some steroid rage issues... naked and OILED. LOL
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

omg, super scary! our drug addicts seem to stay closeted, thank goodness!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today the soreness from massage therapy torture is feeling a little better... less bruised.

We went out to dinner with friends...
    It was cloudy and raining because of tropical storm Beryl...
    I didn't mind.
    I opened the fabric thingys that cover the sunroof and gazed up at the clouds swirling, and watched the droplets skitter off of the glass to trail away behind us.
    Gazing up at clouds through the sunroof while husband drives is one of my greatest little pleasures.
    I used to be stuck with side windows... the sunroofs give a much better perspective.
    Like laying in the grass as a child or teen on a lazy day. Only we are zooming along, and I'm not watching the road, so it is a little like a roller coaster ride too.

It was a German restaurant. *sigh*
    All the pickled things... noooo not for me.
    All the breaded schnitzel things... not for me.
    All the beers... not for me.
    But there is always safety in steak. It was deeeliiissshuuuuuussssssssssss.
    Husband chivalrously ate some so that my plate could be clean.
    It was a large steak.
    It came with a baked potato with real butter and sour cream... I ate half.
    I was very full!

On the way home husband was silly and played with my hand some... we don't really ever hold hands... but it's very nice, the playing. The weight, the little strokes, a tiny pinch here or there to make me giggle.
    The clouds were parting and blue skies shining through as we drove home.
    Yes, I gazed out the sunroof.

Somehow Lithium(XM/Sirius) managed to get the tracks just right...

Other things...
    I've stopped wearing eye makeup almost completely.
    I never wore much, some mascara (never black) and maybe a touch of liner.
    I still will use the mascara and a bit of liner if I'm really in the mood to guss up, but mostly not.
    Weird thing... I think I like myself better this way.
    I came in from dinner tonight and went to the loo and took a quick look in the mirror...
    I looked bright and fresh faced. Natural. Like ME.
    I really think I have been using mascara for nearly 25 years out of some perverse obligation as a 'girl'.
    Fuck that.

I think the blue hair, or at least whatever changes I've been going through that prompted the blue, have led to me feeling free to be more me. It's feels strange, and really nice.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao tzu
    And then another, and another... it's good to recognize those steps on occasion.
    Last edited by cori93437; 05-28-2012 at 01:42 AM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 6 of 105 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast