Page 59 of 105 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 59

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    gah cori you're making me want fish again, stahp it
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

phigment is offline Senior Member
    Cori, think your fish are lovely. I love the coloring so bright and vibrant. Just wondering how can you tell Mandy is female?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Pretty fishies. I don't think I could do fish, though. They can't remind me if something (or I) fucks up. I think hat's what ultimately killed my hermit crabs: Lubbock water was no bueno for them. Then again, I think Curie was sick when I got her (she kept losing limbs), Schroedinger was just suicidal (he kept appearing outside the 30 gal tank), and Einstein wasn't exactly an Einstein (He'd shit in the food bowl).
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    Just wondering how can you tell Mandy is female?
    She can't pee standing up.

Nice looking fish and such Cori.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Pretty fishies. I don't think I could do fish, though. They can't remind me if something (or I) fucks up. I think hat's what ultimately killed my hermit crabs: Lubbock water was no bueno for them. Then again, I think Curie was sick when I got her (she kept losing limbs), Schroedinger was just suicidal (he kept appearing outside the 30 gal tank), and Einstein wasn't exactly an Einstein (He'd shit in the food bowl).
    the general rule of thumb with fish is, if they go belly up then something's wrong

THANKYOUILLBEHEREALLEVENING
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I love your fish, Cori!! I am so ultimately jealous! I have longed for a salt water tank for AGES! DH won't let me get one b/c they're "so much work", but someday, maybe after the kids have moved out or whatever, I WILL have a salt water tank. I WILL! I am captivated by them when we go to the aquarium. So many vibrant colors and amazing creatures.

I love your Peppermint Shrimp. Reminds me of "Pierre" from Finding Nemo. I can just picture him spinning a fish to clean it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    Cori, think your fish are lovely. I love the coloring so bright and vibrant. Just wondering how can you tell Mandy is female?
    Many tropical marine fishes are sexually dimorphic. Meaning there is a visible difference in the males and females of the species... kinda like us humans.
    With Mandy it's that first dorsal fin you see just behind/atop her head. It's short, stubby, and not all that colorful (relative to the male). If she were male it would be larger, more colorful, and have a very long ray/spike coming off it. And would look like this (the top fish is displaying the MALE fin)... and the male will get slightly larger than the female and all fins will be larger more colorful/painted looking. That first dorsal fin is just the easiest signifier to look for.
    This is what Barry and Mandy will look like as a couple when I have them both.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    You could do a saltwater tank just fine... because to do saltwater you really need a 4 stage or better RO/DI unit to take EVERYTHING out of the water no matter where you live. (Well, unless you are really lucky and live next to an ocean... some people who live near oceans just run sea water in tanks with UV sterilizers for a few days then add it.
    See. No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    the general rule of thumb with fish is, if they go belly up then something's wrong

THANKYOUILLBEHEREALLEVENING
    In a reef this really never happens... if something dies it usually just creepily and mysteriously disappears.
    There are a ton of detrivore snails, worms, and bugs in there that live under the sand and behide the rocks ... they EAT it. Fast.
    Unless something dies during the day when I'm home to witness it I'll likely never see the evidence since I keep small fishes.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-07-2013 at 10:27 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

aww man, quit ruining my jooooke
    beautiful
    yeah you are

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    +1
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    +1
    No. >_>

And she knows why...
    re: It probably has something to do wit the fact that I'm now semi-obsessed with nail polish and make-ups.
    Careful... that girl is EVIL!
    She will get sparkle-cooties on you.

Or maybe I was just in reef-nerd mode... whatevs.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 59 of 105 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast