Page 58 of 105 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 58

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Anansi Boys... I didn't "hate" it. It just didn't feel the way the other books felt.

Kind of forced feeling I guess. And flat... particularly the ending. Ugggghhhh that ending. Bleh.

Liking literature, like all art, is so very individual though.
    What falls flat on one mind might resonate in another.

I, for instance, enjoy the relative torture of reading, and re-reading because the language is sometimes a bit convoluted or vague and rambling, Marcel Proust in metered doses... thus the title of my journal (part of the reason for that title anyway... it has multiple meanings of course).
    Someday I will actually finish all seven volumes of the full novel.
    I'm working on it.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Convoluted, vague, rambling? Language?

Finnegans Wake disagrees!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Convoluted, vague, rambling? Beautiful Language!

Finnegans Wake disagrees!
    FTFY.

Why of course... That one is on my LIST as well.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Good Omens is one of my favourite books ever.

I have been reading a lot of non-fiction books in recent years. Not sure why--I used to be a huge fiction reader, but now it's probably 50/50. I'm really into literary journalism/creative non-fiction/ethnography. I know it's partly related to my academic interests, but it's an interesting transition.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

In case I haven't mentioned this before I love documentaries.
    Most of my TV watching time is docs.
    Not all of them of course... and not so much mainstream stuff unless it's just background noise.
    But there are some awesome docs out there.

And I just watched one!
    So cool.
    The Story of the Weeping Camel.
    Simply some doc guys and crew following a family of Mongolian camel herders capturing a common herder problem, but the resolution is kind of sweet and amazing, and totally counter to my own thought processes that it was a nice 'ah ha' moment.
    Gotta read subtitles, but that doesn't bother me at all... do it all the time.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by William548 View Post
    i think your journal and my journal should be besties, and rock out to orgy and butthole surfers and robot chicken all day

Ohhhh William!!! If it were only possible that there were a second person in the universe who wanted to rock out to orgy and butthole surfers and robot chicken with me all day... but, alas William... I know that there is not a second like the fair Bloodorchid! And there never shall be. Our journals will remain besties and you cannot replace that, especially since you have no journal... you filthy TEASE.

Also, I know that you have propositioned about 10 other board members similarly in the last 5 minutes you brazen hussy. You have trifled with the wrong sexy lady's affections!!! Triangle of DEATH for joooooooo. Ahahhahahahhahahahahaha.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    *bats lashes fetchingly whilst blasting orgy*
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Today... I got a box of critters. Reef critters!

Some of it wasn't too exciting, unless you are a little fish who LOVES to eat tiny little sea bugs or a nerdy reef-head chic who wants all of her fish to be perpetually full and fat little piggies because they have been eating their fill of healthy live sea bugs in your tank all day long.
    Thus... a whole crap load of amphipods (aka gammarus shrimp). Anywhere from flea size to 1/4 inch or so... the feel kind of like flea and kind of jump when they get on you as well. I put some straight into my reef... most will go into a separate tank to be fed algae and played a mixtape of Barry White and Marvin Gaye.
    These two are making sweet love via amplexus... I'm hoping mine will have more of an orgy.

This is Holothuria floridana (a florida sea cucumber) aka: Mr. Hankey.
    Mine is much more brown, and kind of spotted. I'm SURE you understand the name reference.
    He eats sand, digest the bacteria off it, then poos it out all clean. YUM!
    He doesn't get to make sweet poop looking love with anyone, but if he is really really happy he can reproduce asexually by splitting in two... then they could have sex with each other I suppose. Which is just WEIRD.
    I'll likely never really see him. They hide mostly to eat their sand and poop it out all clean in private.

I also got a Yellow cucumber (Colochirus robustus)... I'm dubbing him Sponge Bob.
    I understand that if you get a few of these they hang out together in a group all cool and stuff, but for now I'm being cautious because they are also toxic as fuck and can kill everything in your tank if they die. Weeee!
    They do not eat sand like their Holothuria cousins... they are filter feeders and stick their frondy mouth pieces out into the water to eat whatever floats by in the wet, wet, breeze.
    If I can keep this guy happy I may get a couple more.

4 peppermint shrimp... because they are cool and will clean the fish, and sometimes your hand too, with their tiny little pincers.
    And they will make babies, which everyone else will eat!
    The circle of life and all that shit... it's really a good thing in a reef tank.

2 star astrea snails... because my big turbo snails are being a PITA!!!
    They have been getting up to no good (getting inside a pipe mostly clogging it and causing it to overflow) and need to go live in purgatory in the QT tank with the Damsel.
    These guys are smaller, flatter, and shouldn't ever cause those problems.

Zooas... I got a freebie!
    I have no clue if this will be the color yet. They basically come in every color of the rainbow, like skittles.
    And this pic makes it look big... zooas are TINY, each polyp is only maybe 1/4 inch across when fully open. But hey. FREEBIE>
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-05-2013 at 08:40 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

RBTA: Rose Bubble Tip Anemone... Not exactly Rose. I'd call it a Sunburst as it is plainly a two tone red/green.
    But I'm happy with the color, it's very bright. Coral/neon orange with pink tips and neon/lime green tentacle bases.
    Like this one but lighter and brighter... if it darkens it will be very much like this one, and it could be faded due to shipping ect.
    Here's hoping that lighting and feeding keep it feeling good! Either still neon, or darker Sunburst!

Reasons I'm not disappointed about the color swap on my order...
    A. Good "Sunbursts" are often more expensive than average "roses". So if this one colors up +1 for me.
    B. When I upgrade to the larger tank I'm planning on a BTA island with multiple colors, if I already have an orange Sunburst, I can just add a deep red Rose, and a Green, and get the effect I want. It works out either way.
    C... Someday the Lightening/Goldflake Maroon Clown pair I'm going to have to sell my soul for will look stunning in THIS.

And now for Mandy. <3
    I got a green Mandarin Dragonet, it turned out to be a little girl.

*Cue Barry Manilow*

Yeah... That pretty much says it all. I love her.
    I have two tanks set up now to grow bugs for her to eat. One for amphipods, one for copepods. I'll make her so fat and happy!
    And since I have a girl, I can now look locally and find her a fella. And then I can watch them dance in the (fake) moonlight. *sigh*
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-06-2013 at 09:11 AM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    They are so cool. I think part of what makes it interesting for me is that you are so obviously ecstatic about it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 58 of 105 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast