Page 57 of 105 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past

canio6 Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Yeah. I simply cannot imagine anyone ever reading Sandman and not falling completely in love.
    It is the only Gaiman I haven't read. I have no idea why. I really need to get on that.

It's the only Gaiman I've really enjoyed! Same for Boyfriend.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    It's the only Gaiman I've really enjoyed! Same for Boyfriend.
    You didn't like Neverwhere or American Gods?

I've loved pretty much all the Gaiman I've read. Stardust was probably my least favorite. We have Sandman, but I haven't grabbed it off the server yet.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    You didn't like Neverwhere or American Gods?
    Okay, I liked Stardust. I haven't read Neverwhere. American Gods was good. I get kind of frustrated with the tone he uses, because it's the same in every book. Every book sounds like it has a narrator and that irks me. It's kind of reminiscent of Tolkien. I like the stories better than how they're told, if that makes sense. Most of the writing is amazing, but the voice bothers me.
    Journal

Depression Lies

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Okay, I liked Stardust. I haven't read Neverwhere. American Gods was good. I get kind of frustrated with the tone he uses, because it's the same in every book. Every book sounds like it has a narrator and that irks me. It's kind of reminiscent of Tolkien. I like the stories better than how they're told, if that makes sense. Most of the writing is amazing, but the voice bothers me.
    I honestly think Neverwhere is his best/most accessible book. I thought it far better than Stardust and along the same 'tone' Lighter than American Gods. I pretend he didn't write Anansi Boys because it sucked hard.

Neverwhere <3.

Stardust is a good one but not my favorite.

I do like American Gods, but I'm in the same boat with ya on Anansi Boys... just not there.

His Good Omens with Pratchet is such a wonderful ride... love that one too.

Sandman is really just wonderful though. I guess it's a format issue. The others are straight up books, so it's different. They aren't going to touch that.
    Also due to being a graphic novel I feel that it needs to be read in hand. Old school.
    Though there are some current, really awesome, web comics I read... so I guess that is a bit unfair. But still...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    His Good Omens with Pratchet is such a wonderful ride... love that one too.

Sandman is really just wonderful though. I guess it's a format issue. The others are straight up books, so it's different. They aren't going to touch that.
    Also due to being a graphic novel I feel that it needs to be read in hand. Old school.
    Though there are some current, really awesome, web comics I read... so I guess that is a bit unfair. But still...
    I loved Good Omens though whenever the kids showed up I got annoyed. So I guess I loved the parts they were not in.

I'll have to check out Sandman. I've never gotten into comic books or graphic novels or the like. I have no idea why. I feel as if part of my nerdness is missing.

Oh, Good Omens. Hell yes.

Agreed on Anansi Boys.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Shop Now
    Hear, hear for Sandman!

Also, I feel the need to revisit Anansi Boys. Just to see what all the hatin' is about. I don't remember it striking me as particularly awful but it's been a while.