Page 56 of 105 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 56

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Guess what happens when you get a great deal on a plan ticket at Christmers?

You have to leave the house at 3am to go to the airport!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Yep.
    I did that.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Have a great trip!
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Safe travels, Cori! I hope it all goes relatively smoothly.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

~Friedrich Nietzsche

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Back atcha!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i slept all through it
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Today is my 14th wedding anniversary...
    Weeee!

Husband is working.
    Currently sleeping since he is working the night shift.
    Good news... tonight is his last night.
    This weekend he starts swing shift... anything from 12 to 12 to 2 to 2 depending on the day.
    Weird, but it is what it is.

I'll cook a sort of traditional southern Jan 1st meal... black eyed peas, baby butter beans, real corn instead of corn bread, collard greens, and a roast pork loin glazed in honey and whole grain mustard. Because DAMMIT there are some traditions I won't give up. I'm Southern and this is what we eat on January 1st, and what I have eaten every single January 1st of my entire life as far as I know. Legumes get a reprieve for the day, and peas are really low on the toxicity curve anyway as far as the family goes.
    I amended the menu a bit away from the corn bread and the traditional cured ham because the ham is just too salty for me... and no corn bread for obvious reasons (wheat flour and sodium used for quick rise).

So, anyway... that anniversary thing.
    Maybe we celebrate tomorrow.
    The in between years don't feel like much anymore anyway.
    Next year will be a celebration... the 15th.
    See how that works.
    At first you celebrate every year. How cute.
    Then really only every 5 years.
    And I'm sure at some point we'll reduce it to 10 year increments.

So tomorrow, a nice dinner... maybe some ice cream on the way home at my favorite little independent place where they use fresh ingredients and make new flavors in small batches several times daily according to demand. Good stuff, and you never know what flavors they will have so it makes you get out of your box a little.
    As far as I know there have been no presents/gifts purchased. (There also were not any for x-mas.)
    We are such an exciting couple.

A little backstory would probably help with this.
    When I met my husband he drove a green mustang, and I dubbed him my frog prince once I gave him a chance. I have a longstanding love of The Muppets (as all intelligent people do ) and since I was a tall crazy blonde who went to a bit heavy after we got together, and husband is shorter than average steadfast and charismatic good guy... it always seemed that the Miss Piggy/Kermit thing just fit us. Except for the part where it was Piggy who pursued Kermit, for us that is EXACTLY backwards... it was I who initially avoided him and was running away. Such a small detail. We both eventually ended up where we belong.

“Then, one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...you give them a piece of you. They don't ask for it. They do something dumb one day like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore.” =)
    ― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman, Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Sandman <3

Happy anniversary & New Year!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah. I simply cannot imagine anyone ever reading Sandman and not falling completely in love.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 56 of 105 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast