Page 53 of 105 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 53

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I have never had skinny thighs. Even as a toothpick that was underweight in high school, I had what my family has always referred to as "soccer legs." Never will, either. That's the first place I put on muscle and one of the last place I lose fat.
    I've never seen the allure of toothpick legs on a female or chicken legs on a male. I don't mind lean, but there'd better be usable muscle there.
    I tried, for a brief time in my life, to get thinner thighs. I did squats, arabesques, lunges, the whole nine yards. They got bigger. I tried to lose weight. My arms got thinner, my stomach got flatter, my thighs didn't budge (got a nice cut line, though.) At that point, I realized I would need to lose muscle that I spent 25 years of my life putting on and said "fuck that."
    Yes, I hafta size my pants for my thighs and hips, and take the waist in. I'm ok with that. It's part of who I am.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Cori, there's a good video about abs I posted on my journal that addresses some of the same thing.
    Great video. I had to wait until I got home to be able to hear it. It's nice to see someone telling the truth. Though the whole video I was thinking...damn, nice traps.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I really like Amber (Go Kaleo). Some of her stuff probably wouldn't be super popular with some of the crowd around here, but she's got a wonderfully sensible and compassionate approach to health and fitness.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I watched that vid and read around her site. Her thoughts are reflecting how I've been feeling lately. Maybe weight-lifting will be the answer to my hormonal issues too haha.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Food is a little weird lately.

I get hungry... but then I don't really want to eat.
    Or at least not much.

Like tonight... I thought I was starving!
    Made beef with mushroom marsala gravy (creamed cause it's delicious).
    Made husband a sweet potato, made some green beans, and also some asparagus for me.
    Then... even though it was seriously delicious... I didn't really want to eat very much.
    I didn't even finish but maybe half of my asparagus, which is NUTS for me. I love asparagus.
    I ate maybe 2/3 of my meat portion because I was trying.

I say "Yay, dinner!"
    My tummy says...

Meh.
    Hopefully this will pass.
    This isn't the first day of it.
    I haven't been having any of my normal snacks lately...
    I don't have them every day, but do normally have some yoghurt or an apple here or there and I have not been interested at all in those things either.

Not quite sure what to make of it, and not sure how long to let it go before I start tracking calories/forcing myself to up my intake a bit.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Pesky endorphins perhaps?
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Pesky endorphins perhaps?
    I don't know.
    I'm not getting a lot of endorphin hits lately even though husband has been humoring my urges to play some.
    His night shifts are not the most convenient...

You would think I'd be leaning toward some sort of binge activity whether it was some 'forbidden foods' or just 'more'... but now food gives me quite the opposite reaction.

It really feels weird.
    It's not a place I'm used to, or rather not a feeling I'm used to having while in this place.
    Normally digging around in this mental space, especially concerning mother, would have definitely induced a food binge.
    Discussing father always concerns mother.
    Much like in your post... those holes you endlessly attempt to shove full but can't ever fill.

Tehe...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

In the meantime...
    Hobbitses!

This nerd has pre-purchased tix... and an obvious wish to be crammed like a sardine into an overcrowded theater!
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    In the meantime...
    Hobbitses!

This nerd has pre-purchased tix... and an obvious wish to be crammed like a sardine into an overcrowded theater!
    Nerds Rule! (So sayeth the Crabbcakes who married one)

Hey - every once in a while the crowd helps make the thing an Event, you know? I just had a really disappointing movie-going experience two weeks ago... I was overseas visiting family and the movie Skyfall (serious, serious Bond freak here) was on my list of to-do - and they DUBBED the thing! I couldn't believe it - all the world uses subtitles, but no, I had to listen to Javier Bardem speak GERMAN of all things. Skyfall will be repeated here in the US, in its original English, just as soon as Hubby gets back from his business trip and can watch my Third.

Have fun at the movies!!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We have our tickets for the fancy theatre where you can reserve seats, in the new 3D (which will hopefully work better for me than the old 3D). We're going Sunday evening, so not with tonight's rush, but it should still be awesome.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal