Page 51 of 105 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 51

Primal Fuel
    Thanks for the user friendly pictures. That was actually nothing like I thought it would be but pretty sexy nonetheless.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Ouch...but I guess that is the point.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, it is an interesting look, I just can't get into the whole piercing thing. I don't even care for pierced ears. It's all good if that is your thing and it is cool to look at, but all I can think of is 'ouch' and not in a good way. As for the BDSM community, I have always found it odd how a community that should be incredibly accepting is often not. It kind of blows my mind.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Going to try to rehash last nights post...

So I was lying in a hot bath with an excellent 'Chocolate Mud Masque' on my face last night, relaxing, and thinking, and all that stuff that one is wont to do in a good hot bath, and I realized that there may be some very good reasons why I'm getting progressively more antsy and focused in this particular direction as I get healthier...

I have QUIT all of my other stress induced bad habits over the past year to year and a half.
    They just no longer exist.

Prior to getting sick I sometimes binge ate when stressed.
    I would go through periods where I sometimes binged with frequency, other times less.
    I no longer binge eat at all. ZERO.
    I enjoy the food I eat, I eat a fatty/sugary treat on occasion, but I have absolutely no desire to binge.
    I actually thought about this in the store the other day. I was walking past all of the baked things, I was shopping alone (I'e just recently started doing this as I only recently started driving alone much again), and I thought I could just have a go at whatever I wanted... and it was just kind of a gross thought. My brain just said... Meh. And I kept shopping and didn't even want to buy a small snack.
    I haven't had a binge in at least a year and a half.

I used to drink when stressed. And smoke some as well.
    If husband was working I'd have several mixed drinks with rum or tequila, or I'd just sip bourbon on the rocks.
    Or specialty beers.
    I'd also smoke a couple of big cigars or a half a pack of my kretecks (cloves, the strong Djarum black Specials.)
    This wasn't "drinking" by most peoples standards. I wasn't getting drunk at all. But it was certainly taking the edge off.
    The smoking, while I really enjoy the flavors, was a give away that I was stressed...
    I haven't smoked a cigar or kretek in at least a year and a half.
    I have a vaped a little... but I haven't even vaped in a good 6 months.
    In the past few months I've started drinking a bit again... but no more than a single drink. Mostly just for the taste.

I also used to have a mild anxiety shopping problem. I sorted that out several years ago... but it is another thing I don't have to fall back on. And don't want to.

I used to ride motorcycles (fast ones) which provided good endorphin hits.
    I LOVED to go ride as stress relief. I haven't been able to ride for at least a couple of years.
    For a while even prior to getting sick due to my nerve disease issues acting up.
    Now I don't know about ever riding again since my head isn't 100%.

THIS I would do again if I thought I could...

Now that I'm becoming physically healthier and all of my mental energy isn't being used on that crisis, it seems that I have more time for old issues to be more prominent.
    This is probably also because as my health gets better my libido is getting back to it's normal levels as well. The past year and a half of health issues has suppressed it somewhat. Sometimes quite a lot.
    Unfortunately for me normal can be a bit intense...

How to deal?
    I'm certainly not going back to old habits.
    I think a different approach is in order.
    This takes me back to my previous 'art' post... I probably need to invest myself in a hobby.
    A creative hobby might really help. I have no idea where to even start with that.
    Too many options... still have fear of it. *shrug*
    I already jot, I just don't apply myself.
    If something is forcing it's way out of me, bugging me so much I have to get it out of my head, then I do it and put it in a file... but that's it. I don't actively pursue anything.
    I need to figure out the active pursuit part.

Other ways to deal.
    I'm looking into buying a flogger.
    Unfortunately there is very little info out there on what the appropriate length is to buy if it's for personal use instead of for dual play.
    It's too expensive a tool to have to buy several and try.
    Material choice is much easier.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

*Sigh*

I love your journal.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    This is not really relevant to your post...but are you going to be able to drive your baby (the Ghia) now? Sorry, classic-VW fan here. Apparently, have been my whole life. I think the Beetle my dad had when I was a toddler made a strong pre-memory impression on me (there's a home video of me and my sister waving goodbye as it gets towed away, but I was too young to remember it).

Active pursuit... I'm a hobbyist. I have many interests, they all please me, and I don't particularly enjoy wholly investing in one at one time. I think it's mostly I don't have the energy/mental focus to handle one. I could probably pursue one, get really good, maybe even follow it as a career option. Maybe. The arts are scary, when it comes to careers. Anyway, don't be afraid to dabble while you figure it out. You've wasted nothing, but a little money on art supplies, if you decide to change paths. I'm sure someone on craigslist or freecycle would take any unwanted supplies if you start something and change your mind.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Unintended fun on the part of a member who has no clue about my personal issues... read the last few pages of this thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread73019.html Captain of Crush Grippers.

Trying to Dom and Dom/switch who PREFERS pain exchange exactly as she is suggesting. Sweet.
    I nearly fell in love.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    words fail me. I'm laughing too much to talk.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Yeah... I think she got the idea I'm not right and quit wanting to play with me though...
    But she did get me all excited.
    And then I was laughin!

Of course in MY head that bit she wrote ended very differently... well, it continued THEN ended differently.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Small tangent/rant inspired by the "skinny thighs" thread.

WHY on gods green earth are super skinny thighs the target goal for ladies?

I don't get it. I really don't.

And the reasons I don't...
    For starters I have always had a rather generous butt and thighs... and guys have always LOVED it.
    Also, I like the same on women!
    It's kind of a no brainer.
    Those little toothpick thighs... not so much. Meh.
    I like some curvy stuff going on.

Now I know that we are all built different, and we have to go with our own strengths...
    But if a lady has curves isn't that a good thing?
    Shouldn't she embrace it instead of trying to figure out how to diet her way to "like the models in the magazines".
    Those girls in the mags were born with a super slim structure... good for them I guess?
    But lots of guys I've talked to over the years don't even find that model type very attractive in the real world, they like a little more meat.

My exhibit A. for keeping the curves... and the thick, thick, thighs...
    (*edit- was looking for tattoo art when I fount this... just sayn')

Yeah!
    Those thighs are NOT skinny.
    Those are so much better than any skinny little thigh ever dreamed of being...

Seriously.
    Given the opportunity right now I'd hit that. Totally cheat on my husband.
    I'd expect he'd do the same thing. And I'd be jealous... because he got to and I didn't.
    I'm a practical girl.
    Some things are forgivable... THAT is 100% forgivable.

Anyway.
    Those are my thoughts of the evening on thighs... and loving the parts you've got.
    Love yourself dammit!
    Work with what you've got and make the best of it!

If that means you've got wide hips and juicy things... trust that their are LOTS of people out there that think that shit is better than sliced bread ever was!

Don't ever sweat trying to fit into some consumerist "ideal" bullshit.
    Last edited by cori93437; 12-12-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 51 of 105 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast