Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 5

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Another note to self...
    Stop reading the threads in "nutrition" if the word "carb(s)" is anywhere in the flipping title...

First... there's this one guy who thinks that ALL people have 20something fit guy metabolisms... his diatribe is annoying.

Second... anytime a person starts to talk about eating 1200 cal for breakfast or food by the QUART... WTF?
    I MIGHT manage 1500 cal a day, on a good day when I try... and I'm 5'9" and no where near skinny... and no I'm not underestimating because I recently tracked a bit out of morbid curiosity since I never feel like eating.

Third... reading about eating those quantities of food makes me slightly nauseous so that I want to eat even less... and I don't think that eating at near/sub 1k/day is healthy for a person my height/size.

I'm obviously grumpy/bitchy today, and starting to feel like I need a nap (maybe I'll sleep tonight??)... I wonder if the dominatrix massaging me this morning released a bunch of toxins into my system that are now making me feel all these negative things. I'm usually so zen...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

So I tracked today...
    almost 1150 cal... big milky iced coffee thing for breakfast before my massage, no lunch/not hungry, 8oz(raw weight) pork loin chop-4servings mixed steamed veg- one serving rice- one Tbs butter mixed with veg and rice.

Umm... yeah, average day.
    Why you no lose no weight stupid body? You obviously aren't getting too much foods...

I bought that watermelon to eat, but dinner has me so stuffed that I'm not even sure I will eat any tonight.
    Mehhhhhh.... and the bad part... if I posted cals and stuff in the forum they'd be all "eat more".
    Umm... no. Not unless I intend to puke it back up. Bleh!

I don't really want advice. I just want to be openly pissy about being defective... and reading all the "Omg it's SO easy posts."
    Giant, sparkly, multi-colored, Lollipop shanks for aaaaallllllllllllllllll.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    That lollipop shank sounds mighty tasty right about now. Waiting for potatoes to boil so I can fail at smashed taters.

I frequently "undereat" (probably regularly around 1500 calories which doesn't seem like enough to me), but I haven't lost anymore weight (that I don't need to/am not looking to lose) in over a month. So you're not alone in that. Bodies are weird.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i've been tracking, but i'm guesstimating amounts of food as i don't have a scale. i'm down to 1500-1700 cal/ day, which is definitely lower than i normally eat.

nameless- do you have any heavy whipping cream or mayo? that's how we make our mashed potatoes into awesomeness. also, i don't boil the potatoes in water, but i put the cut potatoes in a small amount of water with a lid and steam them just until they're really tender. if there's still little enough water in the pan, i just leave it in with the potatoes when i mash.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I have whole milk so I used that and kerrygold butter (and a LOT of garlic powder) and they turned out pretty tasty. I had Boyfriend help because I was scared to mess it up and my taste buds are not refined enough to figure out the seasonings.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

yummy! i love mashed taters but my kids don't really, so we rarely have them. mashed taters and gravy are *almost* as good as perfect chocolate cake in my book.

Hmm... smashed potatoes. I make EPIC ones... well, used to.

Do you know how hard it is to make yummy smash without teh SALT? OMG.

My favorite way...
    Chicken stock
    Yukon gold potatoes, with skins
    A bunch of garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
    Salt to taste

Cook it all together until potatoes are soft. Remove the potatoes... I always kept the stock for soup making later... raised frugal.
    While potatoes are hot add butter, a big spoon or two of greek yogurt, grind in some fresh pepper, and some milk for the right consistency as you smash... (All of that stuff to taste... you shouldn't really taste "greek yogurt" but it should give just a hint of something special to the taters. I'm sure sour cream would work as well. That stuff is all persona taste buds and stuff.)
    NOM!!!
    Before dear sweet son moved out I'd do an entire 5lb bag of potatoes with and entire head of garlic in it. He'd eat on them for a few days... but they were usually gone before I'd expect them to be. LOL

The flavor gets all the way through the potatoes that way. It's insane good.
    The water/stock you cook the potatoes in should taste like something you'd want to eat on it's own as a soup.
    It's like not cooking with a wine you wouldn't drink.

People have literally hugged me over my potatoes and home made gravy at holidays. Weird, but true.
    And then they ask me "how to make gravy" and I have to tell them that my holiday gravy takes two things most people don't associate with gravy, time and money. And then they are MUCH less interested for some reason. Silly people.
    I can't eat gravy anymore either... fucking salt! Boooooo!
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

booo- no salt! i love gravy.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I used to make amazing mashed taters, but no more - boooo nightshades! In fact, I can't even make them anymore w/out feelin' it the next day. I'm one of the lucky ones who's effected by the neurotoxin in them and used to be curled in a ball in pain all day long needing narcotics to sleep. Thank the universe that I found out as I doubt I'd be alive today at the rate I was going (and I have a little dude - so ya). Real life is the suck sometimes, but it is what it is!

my goodness! taters aren't worth that. so much yummier stuff to eat.

Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast