Page 44 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 44

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ahh... just when I go and say it (almost) never happens...

Down a second pound this week.
    *shocked*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Yes, it's long...
    It covers a lot of area... including some of the Autoimmune stuff I WILL be ranting about later.

But, particularly around 35min it mentions that neurologists are starting to classify some migraine issues as slow seizure/epileptic related events.
    SO... very much what I was thinking with my previous posts.

The 'autoimmune issues'/gluten stuff will be a long awful post.
    I feel so robbed...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Here I am... back as promised with a post about my crazy health revelations.

I've been procrastinating a bit.
    First there was a busy weekend with husband.
    Normal Friday afternoon torture times, which aren't nearly as torturous anymore, then off to get milks and dinner together.
    We were supposed to 'do' on Saturday but I was SUPER tired (I had let my potassium run too low) to I slept in and we did some shopping via a trip to the butcher shop, dinner, and an early bedtime.
    Early bedtime as so that we could spend the next day enjoing the Florida Aquarium in Tampa. SHARKS! LEAFY DRAGONS! *squeeeee*
    Then Monday I shaved my dog... he's a Schnauzer, it's appropriate.

Also, I wanted to make sure that what I was thinking was happening wasn't just a fluke... that it was really, REALLY, happening before I go reporting this freaking miraculousness.
    Seriously.
    So...
    TMI alert... Last week was PMS week.
    Not only did I loose 2 lbs during PMS week (impossible?!), but I wasn't a gawddam shambling trainwreck with my head feeling like it was going to explode the whole time.
    As a matter of fact, I felt very strangely 'fine'. I actually had to look at the calendar and go... "Wait, am I freaking out just because it should be getting close to my period?"
    Seriously, zero PMS symptoms... no bloat, no headache from the nine hells, no cramps, and the menses actually sneaked up on me all stealth like a Ninja!

So... what happened is that have slowly I realized that the nerve disease RSD/CRPS (primarily a disease of pain), which is in the entire right half of my body toes to nose, that I have had since 1997 is no longer causing me PAIN.
    Now, I still feel strange on that side of my body. It doesn't feel 'normal'.. so it still feels different and affected, like the disease is still here... but not 'in pain'.
    The internal spinal cord stimulator that I have which controls the pain is currently turned off.
    It has been off for about 2 weeks.
    I had been noticing that I didn't feel the urgency to recharge it like i used to. Previously I could tell before it even needed charging, several days before it needed it when the charge was running low I would start to have more pain and I would ache terribly. Not anymore.

Now... ages ago when I was diagnosed ('98-99)I was told that it was just a brain problem, no one knew why my brain "messed up" and caused it. But the fact that I was getting better and watching Nora Gedgaudas video where she talks about not only low carb and that relationship to migraines/seizures, but also diseases and autoimmune reactions made me do some research on my disease and guess what. That same disease, RSD/CRPS is now linked to autoimmune. (And autoimmune is kinda linked to my pushing my head thing to happen too.)

And now that I'm grain free... I'm not in pain.

I'm not sure if my body will ever be 100% 'normal'. I think that boat sailed ages ago to be honest. Maybe if I had known about grains 15 years ago my body would have healed up and the disease wouldn't have spread the way it did... and I certainly wouldn't have suffered through all of these years of crazy drugs, surgeries, and PAIN... ans so many lost years of my life.
    As it is... I hope that it continues to heal, even slowly.
    What I've got right now is better that what I've had in a very long time.

I also want to admit something right here...
    I used to think that the autoimmune response/wheat stuff was overblown.
    Ummm.... yeah. Geez. *hangs head in embarrassed shame*
    That bit me right in the ass... or rather was biting me right in the ass while I was thinking it!

And now... as to my HEAD.
    It's getting better too. Much better.
    Getting back to lower carb has helped immensely!
    I have reduced my one medication to the initial dosage of one 500mg cap morning and night...
    And I feel fine!

Now the bad news.
    A very special person in my life is about to die, hospice has been called.
    It's not exactly a surprise, but he is dear to me and it hurts.
    So my further medication reducing efforts are suspended pending a trip to TN to kiss my grandfather goodbye.

Husband is worried about me traveling and the stress and having relapses/head crashes far away where he cannot take care of me...
    I'm worried about access to proper FOOD!
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Here I am... back as promised with a post about my crazy health revelations.

I've been procrastinating a bit.
    First there was a busy weekend with husband.
    Normal Friday afternoon torture times, which aren't nearly as torturous anymore, then off to get milks and dinner together.
    We were supposed to 'do' on Saturday but I was SUPER tired (I had let my potassium run too low) to I slept in and we did some shopping via a trip to the butcher shop, dinner, and an early bedtime.
    Early bedtime as so that we could spend the next day enjoing the Florida Aquarium in Tampa. SHARKS! LEAFY DRAGONS! *squeeeee*
    Then Monday I shaved my dog... he's a Schnauzer, it's appropriate.

Also, I wanted to make sure that what I was thinking was happening wasn't just a fluke... that it was really, REALLY, happening before I go reporting this freaking miraculousness.
    Seriously.
    So...
    TMI alert... Last week was PMS week.
    Not only did I loose 2 lbs during PMS week (impossible?!), but I wasn't a gawddam shambling trainwreck with my head feeling like it was going to explode the whole time.
    As a matter of fact, I felt very strangely 'fine'. I actually had to look at the calendar and go... "Wait, am I freaking out just because it should be getting close to my period?"
    Seriously, zero PMS symptoms... no bloat, no headache from the nine hells, no cramps, and the menses actually sneaked up on me all stealth like a Ninja!

So... what happened is that have slowly I realized that the nerve disease RSD/CRPS (primarily a disease of pain), which is in the entire right half of my body toes to nose, that I have had since 1997 is no longer causing me PAIN.
    Now, I still feel strange on that side of my body. It doesn't feel 'normal'.. so it still feels different and affected, like the disease is still here... but not 'in pain'.
    The internal spinal cord stimulator that I have which controls the pain is currently turned off.
    It has been off for about 2 weeks.
    I had been noticing that I didn't feel the urgency to recharge it like i used to. Previously I could tell before it even needed charging, several days before it needed it when the charge was running low I would start to have more pain and I would ache terribly. Not anymore.

Now... ages ago when I was diagnosed ('98-99)I was told that it was just a brain problem, no one knew why my brain "messed up" and caused it. But the fact that I was getting better and watching Nora Gedgaudas video where she talks about not only low carb and that relationship to migraines/seizures, but also diseases and autoimmune reactions made me do some research on my disease and guess what. That same disease, RSD/CRPS is now linked to autoimmune. (And autoimmune is kinda linked to my pushing my head thing to happen too.)

And now that I'm grain free... I'm not in pain.

I'm not sure if my body will ever be 100% 'normal'. I think that boat sailed ages ago to be honest. Maybe if I had known about grains 15 years ago my body would have healed up and the disease wouldn't have spread the way it did... and I certainly wouldn't have suffered through all of these years of crazy drugs, surgeries, and PAIN... ans so many lost years of my life.
    As it is... I hope that it continues to heal, even slowly.
    What I've got right now is better that what I've had in a very long time.

I also want to admit something right here...
    I used to think that the autoimmune response/wheat stuff was overblown.
    Ummm.... yeah. Geez. *hangs head in embarrassed shame*
    That bit me right in the ass... or rather was biting me right in the ass while I was thinking it!

And now... as to my HEAD.
    It's getting better too. Much better.
    Getting back to lower carb has helped immensely!
    I have reduced my one medication to the initial dosage of one 500mg cap morning and night...
    And I feel fine!

Now the bad news.
    A very special person in my life is about to die, hospice has been called.
    It's not exactly a surprise, but he is dear to me and it hurts.
    So my further medication reducing efforts are suspended pending a trip to TN to kiss my grandfather goodbye.

Husband is worried about me traveling and the stress and having relapses/head crashes far away where he cannot take care of me...
    I'm worried about access to proper FOOD!
    Cori, I never comment in journals and rarely on the forum but I've read your journal from start to finish. I am in absolute awe over your complete acceptance and grace you exhibit with your health problems. Your post today left me with jaw on chest. I'm so glad for you! So glad you are feeling better! Amazing.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    And also so sorry to hear about your grandfather. So hard. Take care.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member

my sincere condolences about your grandfather, i lost mine a few years ago and it's.. not nice
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    sending love, my dear. What a good news, bad news week. I'm so happy and sorry - half and half.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I'm sorry about your grandfather, but so glad you are well enough to go see him.

Thanks for posting your miraculous findings. You have reminded me that a little bit does hurt and that I need to get clean myself.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I hope your trip goes safely and well. I'm glad that you were able to make these findings for yourself in time to make the trip, even if it is for sad tidings.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Owly is offline Senior Member
    So sorry you have to make this trip, but glad you are well enough to make it.

I remember finding out I had celiac disease and feeling robbed of all that time I spent with "arthritis" pain, feeling sick and sometimes not sleeping from stomach pain and upset, the dermatitis herpetiformis, all of it, and thinking how much quality of life I'd lost over those years. While it's not the same disease as yours, I felt some of that mixed anger, grief, and relief. I'm glad you may finally have a solution.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Page 44 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast