Page 43 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 43

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Awesome...

Until today.
    Meh.
    I've been reducing my medication further and I may have hit an impass...
    At exactly HALF things are great!
    But when I go down another 500mg... Like I've been trying to do the past couple of days things aren't so great.
    My head is being ugly about it.
    I'm not sure if I need to slow down and go back to half a little while longer, or try and hold onto my guns and see if it will level out in a few more days of crappy headache and eye pressure.

Tonight I'm taking the lower dosage.
    This has me at 2/3 of what I was at at my high "normal" dosage. And back at my "beginner" dosage...
    I'd really like to see my body take over and do things right at this dose!

Am I'm being impatient maybe?
    Possibly.

If My head still feels like it's being filled by a hydraulic pump tomorrow I'll take a slightly higher dose (back to half) so that I can be productive and feel well.
    And then I'll play at alternating days... to reduce my overall dosage but not have a lower dose every single day to stress my system.
    Baby-steps.

Now some weirdness... because I found weirdness and I think it belongs here.
    So funny.

Only the BEST prime B-rated movie monster goodness here!

And this... Well, I didn't watch it. And I don't want to.
    It's not about the 'movie' ... just the picture!

Now... seriously. Tell me that doesn't look like the cover photo for some creepy awful necrophilia blow-up doll or something?
    (I found that by accident BTW.)

Here's the story blurb... (cracking me up)
    "Cinder has troubles. She has a wicked step-stripper for a mom, her fairy godmother is actually a voodoo god and worst of all she's been murdered. But Cinder doesn't intend to let a little thing like being dead stop her. She has places to go and people to kill. And she only has until midnight."
    Last edited by cori93437; 09-26-2012 at 08:35 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Have you seen The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra? It's a purposely ridiculous 1950's style monster movie. It's awesome.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Worst death scene ever... um, what movie is that? has MST3K done a spoof on it yet? Can I get it through Netflix?

These are the questions that immediately spring to my mind...

Oh, and as far as your meds... I hope your Dr is onboard with this, and do NOT rush it. If you have issues, back up to the last "good" level, and stay there awhile until your system heals. This does take time. Are you involving your Dr?

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Have you seen The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra? It's a purposely ridiculous 1950's style monster movie. It's awesome.
    No, but now I may feel the need to seek it out.
    I really like old cheezyness!

Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    Worst death scene ever... um, what movie is that? has MST3K done a spoof on it yet? Can I get it through Netflix?

These are the questions that immediately spring to my mind...

Oh, and as far as your meds... I hope your Dr is onboard with this, and do NOT rush it. If you have issues, back up to the last "good" level, and stay there awhile until your system heals. This does take time. Are you involving your Dr?
    You know as much about the movie as I do... I just found the clip on Youtube...
    I have never seen a MST3K of that movie... but it would be EPIC!
    I adore this...
    Mystery Science Theater 3000 locket in silver by PicaPicaPress
    I just don't really wear jewelry, except the very simple little diamond pendant gift from husband I wear every day.

Yes, my doctor is on board! This is reduction is her suggestion...
    I went back up to "half" so I'm slowing down the reduction.
    And starting to feel better.

Basically since my eyes (Optic nerves) showed no signs of swelling or distortion last time, and since I was doing SO good, she was hoping that I could come off the pressure control meds and get "remission" status...
    It looks like that isn't happening yet.
    I'm still hoping for it by the end of the year though.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

I love the worst death scene ever.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Well... since it's dead, I think I should go ahead and eat it.

TWO Honey Crisps followed me home this week...
    Yeah, right. "Followed me home."
    No, PAID for them... ain't nothin' cheap about an organic Honey Crisp...
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I really like old cheezyness!
    "The Blob"...

I've been reassessing.

I've upped my medication dosage and feeling great didn't come right back unfortunately... and maybe fortunately.
    It's a mixed bag.

Because I think it may be diet related.
    And in a way diet related would be better than medication related... right?
    I mean... if I can control this more with my diet I may be able to live pill free AND pain/brain weirdness free.
    And that would be a good thing to do without the drugs and their side effects!
    There are still some big "if's" here though...

So this is what happened.
    I read this article about the same time I was in the "I need to increase my medicine again" stage...
    Your Brain On Ketones | Psychology Today*

And I've read in Paleobirds "Eat MOAR Fat" thread some about Nutritional Ketosis some and it's connection to brain issues like epilepsy.
    But for some reason I didn't make the connection to me until I read the article that also mentions the connection to migraines, which I'm being treated for in conjunction with my brain pressure problems because they see it as two separate issues... which I honestly think is a little silly... but that's ME and I'm not a doctor.

Now... when my brain pressure was really bad, and even when my pressure was supposed to be "under control" not so long ago but I was still having bad speech and those times when it's like 'fuses are blowing' and I zone out... so from brain function weirdness before I started taking the second medication which is ALSO used as an epilepsy med. See the relationship I'm seeing?
    The worst of those times are very very similar to the descriptions I have read of partial seizures, almost word for word as a matter of fact, except they have never shown up like seizures on an EEG.
    Kinda sounds like "neurotoxicity"* to me...
    Plus the sort of "dementia"* symptoms I was having (got worse as day or tiredness progressed) poor memory, confusion, disorientation, not finding the right word for things or saying exactly the wrong word (look right at the vacuum and say "zipper")... blanking out a LOT for things a person my age should NOT ever blank on... like my own NAME! Yes, it happened.

Anyway... What this all comes down to is that during the week I was really thinking after I read that article and remembered that I had been eating some rice kind of regular because of my change in diet, not huge servings but still more carbs than normal for me, during the same time I was really trying to lower my medication.
    Because of the other changes in my diet (LowOx) I think I had been replacing some of the other green veg I was eating before with slightly higher carb options... things that would suit husbands taste and mine since he doesn't like some of my other options much and I was trying not to prep two separate sets of side dish vegetables.

I remember remarking in another thread that the rice made me feel bloated... but I kept eating it a bit because I had made a big batch and frozen it in pre-packed portions for convenience.

So... it's time to see if going back to LC even VLC a lot of days works this kink out of the system.
    (I don't count... so don't expect 'tracking of numbers'... I know which foods are low and which are high... I might have a quick peek at a nutrition guide but I'll be damned if I'm logging it and having people say "eat more meat, eat more carbs, eat more fat..." ... I'd probably get railroaded for "starving" myself around here anyway. Bollocks! I eat when I'm hungry.)
    I don't think I need to go to full on Ketosis for life... but I'd consider visit that possibility later I suppose.

For now... Yesterday and today have been as they should. Meat and green veg.
    Husband can have all the prepped rice he wants.
    And on the upside my weight has finally decided to shift another pound down, finally.

Slow and steady and all that.

It's weird... my weight really doesn't bounce around.
    I find a new low... it stays within about 3 lbs of that for normal daily fluctuations no matter what I do... then one day...
    Sometimes a week, sometimes two, sometimes an entire month... *poof* it goes to a new one pound lower increment and there I am.
    If I'm really lucky it happens twice in one week... but that's only happened twice! LOL

Of course, what I do is "what I do"... as in stick to the plan.
    Real food is on the plan, including the ocassional Honey Crisp apple (which I feel near ashamed to pay for at $5 a lb)... and sometimes sharing a nice treat with husband is too.
    A girl has to live.

And hopefully we'll know if this is successful pretty soon.
    That's all I got.

I know... SO not an exciting post.

* reference to article in link
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    healing with diet = avoiding brain surgery = most exciting post in the world.
    Jeez, lady. What could top that? This:

???
    Nope, not even close.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good luck, Cori - I think you may be onto something very interesting. Keep us posted.

Page 43 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast