Page 41 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 41

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Tomorrow I will tell what I did today...
    And everyone will be in shock and awe.
    Well, maybe not the awe part.
    For most people it was a pretty average "easy" day.
    But, heck... I was impressed!
    And I probably won't be able to move anything but my fingertips tomorrow while I'm typing it, but I did it!
    And it was AMAZING!
    And I CAN.

Ahhh... restoring my faith in ME.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    *Waits with bated breathe*
    As to the girly women, I can't stand most of 'em. I have a love of fashion that mostly involves knowing what looks good on the average person and laughing at fashion victims, and mostly the artistic side of it. I wear minimal make up for work (professional yadayada) to save face. Beyond that, girly women confuse me. Why should I give a flying fuck in a high wind about soap operas, girly shows, crap for the hair (even at it's longest, ym hair was wash, comb, go), strange make up trends, confusing fashion trends, or any of the other shit they talk about? I really don't care if Dan from accounting is fucking Mary on the printer unless I walk in on it, keep me out of the gossip. Yes, I do actually watch the football/ hockey/ soccer game, not just bitch and moan. Yes, I will go and climb a tree while I wait (or tear my pants trying) while they fret about breaking a nail/ heel/ OMIGOD I'm wearing a dress. Yes, I will rough house with the dog/ someone else's kids in the dirt.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Yesterday I went to Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo.
    It was my first ever trip over there.
    We were handed a map, and told that it takes about "3 1/2 hours to walk it" by a zoo employee.
    Obviously, in hindsight, that means just walk... no stopping to look... by someone familiar with the layout.
    We got there a little late, 11:30, it was a bit hot and sticky...
    But it's still FL summer.

So, off we went.
    I wanted to see ALL the things! I love Zoos.
    And we did.
    Bears, an Orang family with a Baby Orang in a maroon ladies blouse for a dress (enrichment), the Florida panther "meowed" at me, I named the male Wart hog with the long combover looking mane "Donald Trump", I fed the Giraffe, Gopher Turtles getting their groove on, we discussed how lovely and subdued and stoically beautiful beautiful the Shoebill crane is, I decided that the baby Wallaby at least was just too cute to eat (most everything else at the zoo looks pretty edible), as are Otters which came right to the glass and threw bubble kisses at me playfully, I petted little goats and stingrays, and was extremely disappointed at the Koi which would not suck my fingers nor let me pet them the way my Frank does at home, and...
    Five (5), yes FIVE hours later... we left!

There were a couple of short sitting/cooling/hydration breaks.
    Husbands bum knee wasn't all that happy either...
    And I won't pretend that my legs and feet did not get sore.
    As a matter of fact other body parts all over me got sore too. LOL
    I also got a little sunburn on my face...

After the Zoo it was time for FOOD...
    ...because the Zoo contains no edible food, other than the animals they won't allow you to eat.
    (Yes, husband and I walked around all day saying "I'd eat that" and "that looks tasty".)
    So we fasted all day other than the iced coffees we had before we left the house. And the fresh squeezed lemonade that we got and shared that was pretty good. I ordered the "small" amount of lemon and sugar in the xlarge cup... it was very good! Cold, fresh juiced lemon, and barely sweet. We bought a Bottle of water about halfway through the cup of lemonade and started adding a squeezing that lemon more to get more out of it.

Anyway, off south to Tarpon Springs!
    Tarpon Springs FL is the largest Greek community in America.
    And the food is soooooooooooo awesome.
    We shared a plate of Skordalia... which is made from potatoes (peeled and boiled), olive oil, lemon juice, and a LOT of raw garlic.
    It's all blended into a smooth paste and it's DELICIOUS! It's SO garlicky it's hot, but sooo goooood.
    It's like a silky, tangy, savory spread.
    I really need to learn to make it.
    Putting that on sliced roast lamb... it would be like frosting for meat! A definite treat.
    The portion was maybe about 1/2 cup. I'm good with that.

Then I ate braised octopus legs, there were some sides... rice and veg (yellow squash, onion, potato), but I only ate a couple of bites of the squash. I was completely satisfied with the yummy Octopus legs after the Skordalia... I didn't want the rest.
    Oh, and I had a shot of Ouzo... on the rocks with a touch of water (louched).
    And I was FINE with a DRINK!
    As a matter of fact... it ramped me up a little.
    New med interaction??? Since my new med makes me a little hyper, drinking with it makes me even more hyper?

Last night I was sure I wouldn't be able to move at all today.
    But I'm actually in pretty good shape.
    (Meaning the way I feel, actually I'm in abysmal "shape" as evidenced by my entire body being sore just from walking around the zoo.)
    So, a little bit of muscle ache, but not too awful bad.
    The muscle aches extend to places I didn't expect, but hey... I haven't been active in a VERY long time!
    And the burn looks less today, just a pink glow... the amazing powers of better diet healed that over time as well? Because I don't supplement my Vitamin D with the regularity that I should, it's spotty at best.

Anyway... some sore muscles. That's all I got.
    And those are good right! Because it means that I worked them...
    And that now I CAN work them!
    AMAZING!

Crap... I can't believe that a couple of months ago I was desperate for brain surgery.
    I couldn't speak, or think, or remember stuff half the time.
    Being alive every day was feeling like a struggle.
    That whole things are always darkest before the dawn thing. Ya know.
    Wow.
    *tears*
    I hope this lasts.
    I really needed a break.
    Last edited by cori93437; 09-16-2012 at 10:25 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    You truly are an inspiration and I'm glad things are finally going your way.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Smiling from ear to ear! You and hubby so needed/deserved that day at the zoo. Just can't wait to hear what's next...

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Yay Cori! That sounds like a wonderful day. I'm so glad you're feeling better.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    It's just a whole world of happy round here right now and it's fantastic! I'm literally grinning from ear to ear as I type. I'm so very happy for you
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Really glad for you, Cori. Your zoo day sounds all in all amazing. I have only been to one zoo that I can remember, when I was a little kid. I want to go to another, to see the animals, but I feel weird about zoos. On the one hand, aren't we blessed and fortunate to be able to see these animals so close to our own homes, when we otherwise might never see them in person? On the other hand, even if they are safer or better cared for in a zoo, I feel sad that they cannot be out in the wild.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Things I did successfully today: Drive a muthafuking CAR!

Seriously.
    It was a little weird and hesitant... because I haven't driven in over a year... and husband was in the car supervising/evaluating. But I did pretty well.
    Tomorrow... I even get to drive by myself.
    Just a really close local trip to a doctors appointment, but still!

On the other hand...
    I figured out that Fridays hair appointment clashes with Friday milk getting time.
    So, there may not be time for fun colors. Just normal color and cut.
    Seriously, seriously, seriously NEED the cut!!!

Meh.
    Fun colors next time.
    Or crazy experiments at home if I can't wait that long.
    Last edited by cori93437; 09-19-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Owly is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Does that mean you get to drive your baby again? Awesome!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Page 41 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast