Page 40 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 40

cori93437 is offline Senior Member

Talking

Shop Now
    Doctors appointment today... the Neuro-Opt!
    And, superFabulousGoodNews!
    Other than the fact that my pupils are the size of SAUCERS...
    (I'm just recently able to see enough to be online again.)

The doc saw NO optic nerve swelling or distortion at all this time!
    Zero! Zip! Nada! Nil, Nein, None.... ZILCH!

And there was much rejoicing!

Really, this is super cool awesome news.
    I even get to do a trial of lowering the main med that I'm on (the rougher of the two) since the second med that I added is working so well in addition to it.

This makes us HAPPY!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

So... I'm taking 1000mg less per day of the main med... and so far so good.
    I reduced the dosage by 1 pill at both morning and evening.
    So, what was 3 500mg pills in the am and 3 500mg pills in the pm is now 2 each time.
    And I'm doing fine!

My doctor was kind of shocked at the healing in my eyes, especially as just a little bit ago all the docs thought I was surely about to have holes drilled.
    Hoping this persists even on the lower dosages!!!

This little fishy arrives at my house today... about 1in.
    Radial FileFish | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    It's completely squeeeeeeee worthy!

There was a time in my life when, in my much younger years, if someone had said " What's wrong with you, do you have "ants" in your pants"
    I would have mumbled... "I sure wish!"
    Because... he was Sooooo pretty (i.e. Adam Ant).

And what wasn't to love a bout a pretty punk-ish boy.

"Group conformity scares the pants off me because it's so often a prelude to cruelty towards anyone who doesn't want to - or can't - join the Big Parade... Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." ~ Bette Midler, photographed by Richard Avedon, 1971

Today I managed to make myself an appointment to go see my hair stylist for next Friday...
    Yes, my hair is a complete and total wreck.
    When your husband is suggesting (repeatedly) that you make an appointment at the salon and spend $$$, you know it's an issue.
    Between being about two months overdue for a cut, and goofing with bleaching/coloring myself a bit, and the fade... and now the roots making a new appearance again... blehhhhhhhh.
    It's sooo time.

I did not however remember to call my GP for an appointment yet!
    DERP!
    I need to do that even more. Seriously.
    A med that makes me a functional human being might just be more important than getting my hair done.
    Derp. Derp. Derp!
    Gotta do better at remembering things.

And...
    Happy Birthday Miss Clara.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Whoa, fishy! Nice.

Good news about the medical progress. Wonder what's making your body be so positively responsive? Regardless, I'm glad to hear you are doing better.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

The cute little sucker is acclimating... and giving me evil eyes when I peer down into his bowl of water.
    He has an adorable tiny little attitude... and a little blue on his fin tips, which may be from shipping stress.
    I will de-stress him as SOON as possible!
    I like my fishes happy.

Getting better...
    Maybe it's the NOW completely, ridiculously, restrictive diet?
    I've given up all nightshades except colored bell peppers... because they are one of the few Low Ox tasty veges I can eat, and other nightshades are High Ox.
    Maybe it's just taken this long away from grains and crap to start healing?

I don't know.
    But I'm hoping that it stays.
    This disease does have "remissions", though they don't commonly appear out of the blue like this one appears to have done.
    I'll still have to pay close attention to my head and eyes for the rest of my life, and get regular checks to make sure dmamage isn't happening again...
    But I could be "better"?
    One can HOPE!
    Last edited by cori93437; 09-13-2012 at 08:58 AM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

***Note... little fishy ATE some thawed frozen FOOD while in the acclimation bin!!!
    YAYAYAYAYAYyyyyy!!! (This is very important... eating frozen foods is GOOD!)
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Ohhhh... new little fishy is AWESOME!
    What an adorable personality!
    With it's unicorn horn, and googly chameleon eyes, and it's pink!
    It swims slowly, but can dart away in a flash, but seems inquisitive and like it will become one of the more "puppy like" fishes.
    I'm in LOVE.

I mean, it's pink(ish) and has a unicorn horn... and googly chameleon eyes!!!
    How could that not induce swooning?

It will be needing a NAME...
    Perhaps Kermie... after Jenna Marbles dog Kermie the Silver Unicorn?
    Hmmmmmmmmmm......

For dinner...
    I had slow roasted pork belly.
    Sometimes simple is best.
    Scored the skin. A very bare minimum of salt rubbed all over it.
    Baked at 350 for a while, then upped to 450 to crisp the skin on top.
    Hit the top with a little broil too to get that bit of popped texture to the skin at the end.
    That's it. No fancy spices. Nothing but pork.
    Sticky, fatty, crunchy, delicious.
    And so satisfying.
    I really love pork belly.
    It was my last piece.
    I gotta get MOAR.
    -----
    I had oven roasted cauliflower with it...
    I figured out that the way to make roasted cauliflower taste good is to toss it with plenty of FAT.

I also went out to World of Beer with husband and his work friends/their wives.
    Sort of a major torture for me as I can't drink and I LOVE fancy import beers... even if I decided to drink it would taste like SHIT because my meds make everything with even a hint of fizz taste like flat/metallic ass.
    I had two bottles of water.
    The good news is that I hung out and laughed and cut up, and it was loud with music and stuff, and there were no "blown fuses" or anything!
    I had a little headache when I came home...
    Hopefully that is incidental.
    Hubby said it was too loud for him in there too... we could barely talk to each other at our table it was so loud. UGH.
    I'm getting too old for that crap. LOL

And on a final note...
    The more I'm around other women, the more I realize that something must have gone very wrong with me during my gestation. Or something.
    I'm pretty sure I'm a dude with a vagina and breasts.
    Or that maybe I just have a dudes brain.
    Because I'm not like them...
    One of them even said it. Out LOUD.
    I mean, i have a feminine body, and I'm cool with that, Ive never wanted a sex change or anything.
    But I just don't get "girl" stuff.

I get motorcycles, cars, drinking liquors and dark beers, and fishing/hunting, sports, smoking cigars... and standing up to pee like a dude with my Shewee because I do outdoors shit and that thing is BRILLANT! Way better than hanging your ass out anyway.

I DO NOT get "Hey, did you do you hair with a styling wand tonight? I like it. I think the 'wand' really makes a difference..."
    I felt like a fish out of water being expected to "fit" into the girls group.
    I was in between two women having this conversation. So I got to hear all of it. Every detail.
    It was weird.
    I was trapped by talking bookends, and I had NOTHING that I could add...
    Complete blank, except for thinking... "Why would someone discuss this?"
    I wash my hair and comb the tangles out/part it...
    In really "fancy" circumstances I BLOW DRY it!

At least husband defended me a little when the other ladies were looking at me like I had two heads... I had taken husbands cigar to try it. (I wasn't smoking one myself tonight as they didn't have anything to my own tastes in their small humidor.)
    The part where the one said "Ohhh, she's not like us... " Out loud.
    He was laughing his butt off, but chimed in with "No she isn't... I had the sense to get a girl who does ALL the stuff that I like."
    He's a pretty good guy.
    Last edited by cori93437; 09-13-2012 at 10:26 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I DO NOT get "Hey, did you do you hair with a styling wand tonight? I like it. I think the 'wand' really makes a difference..."
    I felt like a fish out of water being expected to "fit" into the girls group.
    I was in between two women having this conversation. So I got to hear all of it. Every detail.
    It was weird.
    I was trapped by talking bookends, and I had NOTHING that I could add...
    Complete blank, except for thinking... "Why would someone discuss this?"
    I wash my hair and comb the tangles out/part it...
    In really "fancy" circumstances I BLOW DRY it!

At least husband defended me a little when the other ladies were looking at me like I had two heads... I had taken husbands cigar to try it. (I wasn't smoking one myself tonight as they didn't have anything to my own tastes in their small humidor.)
    The part where the one said "Ohhh, she's not like us... " Out loud.
    He was laughing his butt off, but chimed in with "No she isn't... I had the sense to get a girl who does ALL the stuff that I like."
    He's a pretty good guy.
    1. Fishie is awesome!
    2. Dude, wtf, those women.
    3. This reminds me of the time when I horrified some friends when I told them I didn't brush my hair (as I had shaved it, so why bother when it was so short), but then when it was long enough, I just used one of the cat's grooming combs 'cause I didn't know what happened to my comb. (this was all in response to one friend who was ragging on the other for "not knowing the proper way to brush hair" o_o)

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Cori: you are completely amazing. You are healing some very, very serious stuff - that's borderline miraculous. Please, please don't take any of that fat talk on board - just think, your body has its priorities right and you are just a whole plate full of awesome.

Also, girly women are very strange. I sympathise. How did you survive the mummy years? I struggle with all the mindless kid talk - makes me want to stab my ears with long daggers.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

<------------ Is going to the ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    (Yes, I'm THAT excited!)

Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa... America's #1 Zoo according to Parents magazine or something completely irrelevant like that, because I have NO children... and it's ALL about me!

And this... "she" is "me"...

I love dancing around all crazy to this one.

Today I had Friday afternoon torture times... and it wasn't all that torturous!
    I wasn't terribly knotty like usual. Progress?
    And we picked up the milk...
    And had dinner...
    And grabbed some veggies at the grocery store for the weekend.

And I felt good today even after being out in the loudness last night.
    And I'm going to the ZOOOOOOOOOO tomorrow!
    So, I kind of need to sleep. LOL
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Love the new fishy - too cute! You've now got me remembering that feeling when I go to the fish store (and I am an addict, I almost needed to go to fishaholics 10 step classes).

I've had many of the same problems with women - at least pre-kids. I went to school with all guys (loved being the only girl in my classes around all those cute guys). I never fit in with the girly crowd either. It seems that most of the Moms I've hung with are from my part of the universe (not planet vain). Maybe you could go out with the guys sans-wives next time or atleast get your hubby to help you be seated in the "guy" section!

Congrats on your healing. It makes my heart swell and puts a smile on my face! Every time I hear about someone else getting better it gives me faith that I can get better too.

Page 40 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast