Page 39 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 39

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    5 Stupid Habits You Develop Growing Up in a Broken Home | Cracked.com
    (I hate you... you know who you are.) JK, not your fault my family sucked balls!
    snip
    I posted that 'cause my family sucked assfeathers too. I just can't say that on fb because I have family on there. All of those hit home. I still have a problem with 5. I've mostly beat 4, but I have a host of unfinished projects that say I haven't beat it all yet. 3 has always been a problem; I was the eldest sibling and to this day I have issues with middle ground and gray areas. (By the way, I solved the blue green thing with having a teal/ turquoise section in my closet.) 2: perfection isn't perfect enough, and that's a demon I'm still fighting HARD (and losing.) I am the hypersensitive type in 1. I've learned to camouflage it, but it still scares the shit out of me when someone gets mad around me, to the point that I start looking to GTFO.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    I have nothing sensible to say, but I'm sending love. And that rape thread made me see RED. I was ready to commit some violence of my own.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i fit most of those as well, it's so much good times isn't it

i feel like everyone should get stickers or a balloon. the awesome stickers, shiny and big and glittery

'life was hell but you survived more or less intact, here's your reward'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    i stayed away from the rape thread but now i'm slightly curious. i assumed there would be a slew of responses along the lines of "you're an idiot." i guess i was wrong

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I've stayed away from the rape thread, I have no desire to go to prison. I will continue to stay away from the rape thread, as visiting it would only piss me off.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    i stayed away from the rape thread but now i'm slightly curious. i assumed there would be a slew of responses along the lines of "you're an idiot." i guess i was wrong
    Oh, there were quite a few of those with a sprinkling of chest thumping alpha-male idiocy. Did that thread get pulled? Good for you Cori if you had anything to do with that. I just couldn't bring myself to even get involved in that disgusting melee. I have been on the receiving end of sexual violence too. It just turned my stomach.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I reported that rape thread when there was only a couple of responses...

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    A Call to Arms for Decent Men

I cannot promote that article enough. It seems as though our shared English-language political/social discourse has suddenly gone Handmaid's Tale on us. It's everywhere.

http://www.mamamia.com.au/news/anne-...julia-gillard/

I'm struggling to think of a way to fight it on a one-woman basis and it scares me. As the mother of a son, I feel a profound responsibility to teach him better than our society is. *sigh*
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Part I: In Response to Things

A. I'm quite positive that That thread no longer exists. You can search for it, but it has been deleted in its entirety as opposed to simply locked... as was appropriate IMO. Along with the OP, may he contract a rare flesh eating bacteria... that starts at his groin.

B.ish stuffs... I think that's one of the few things I managed to get right in my life. My son.
    Well, at least my son in regards to women.
    I'm pretty sure I may have fucked up on some other fronts, or at least not really handled "damage control" from his absentee natural father properly. Ya win some, ya lose some... I keep on trying.

Anyway.
    I raised him to not just treat girls/women nice to their faces, but to respect them enough to tell the truth.
    That means that if all he wants in a relationship is sex... DON'T lie to get in a girls pants.
    There are plenty of girls out there that are good for a romp if that's what you want, no shame in that.
    Or a casual dating relationship... one on one, but not serious.
    And so far so good. He doesn't mislead girls. He's very honest... odd, some girls don't like that. *shrug*
    I'd certainly rather a guy told me up front that he wasn't looking for a serious GF than to date him for a month than have him blow me off then... right? Where we are here in FL, it's normal for guys/girls in their late teens/20s to be pretty honest about dating expectations... whether it's a romp, casual dating, or looking to be serious... Son has moved to a very small town, girls there function VERY differently. LOL

Also, he has stood up and defended some girls from aggressive boyfriends when he was in high school.
    I taught him to see the sorts of manipulative pushy games that were being played... he was a big kid.
    On the football team, tons of weight lifting... and he made the guys back off... but even he said "Mom, I can't keep her from going back to him later" once when he had stopped a guy after he shoved his GF up against a locker.
    He told the GF that she should never let her BF do that, that she deserved better, and that she should go talk to the counselor about it. Who knows... maybe that was the small push she needed, maybe not.
    And that's what I told him... you gave her an opportunity. That's all you can do.

Of course... there were also a few conversations in our house where I let him know in no uncertain terms that if he ever actually beat a woman I was holding out all my rights to KILL him if he ever stepped foot back in my house after I found out. Of course I told him he could defend himself, he could hold a woman off of him who was trying to attack... I've seen it. But there isn't a reason for a man his size to raise a fist, EVER (in normal circumstances where his life isn't threatened like a knife or something).
    He just showed me a picture the other day... I was all "Good LORD son, either your arms are BIGGER or your head has gotten tiny! WTH?"
    He looked like zippy the pinhead.
    He's in those testosterone flush years. Eats, works, bulks! Not even trying...
    Of course, he's not foolin mom... too much fun/food over the summer. Which is about to stop as he hits OverTime season.
    __________________________________________________ ____

Part II: Not in Response to Anything in Particular at All, but I Took Some Special Medicine and I'm Rambling Sooooooo

Speaking of too much food/fun...
    After dinner husband took me to BestBuy to look at wireless headsets and mouses for my PC ('cause wires suck).
    I didn't buy anything because the headsets are cheaper online and they didn't have the one I want anyway, which was lame because I like to get my hands on a thing before I order it usually.
    And they don't seem to even make a wireless mouse that is comparable to my oldschool awesomesauce Microsoft Explorer Trackball 1.0 (the fingerball model NOT the thumb ball)... they had a small wireless thumb ball model... NO go. And now that I've looked all over on line... there are basically no equivalent fingerball models. *le sigh*
    I LOVE this old mouse.

Also... if anyone HAS one of these in a box somewhere because they don't use it... I would give it a good and loving home for years to come. I'd really like to have a backup in case mine breaks. I know where I can send it off for repair service, but having an extra would be awesome!
    (Actually, mine is much, much more worn out than that one in the pic... that is a pic I snagged from the netz.)

The "good" news, Husband and the Russian Circus were in collusion and verily FORCED me into a Cold Stone Creamery for some yumminess...
    And no, I'm not talking about that sacrilege "fat free frozen yogurt" that they now serve.
    The good, old fashioned, full-fat stuff that they smash together with paddles!
    And by all the good gods was it DELICIOUS.
    I got Coffee Lovers Only* a la Cori* (Coffee ice cream, Heath toffee bar, Caramel, Coconut flakes* ... supposed to be roasted almonds, I substituted the coconut to be "good" 'cause nuts are on the do not eat list. HEHEHEHEhehehehe).

Husband got something with chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate... and I really didn't feel like I was missing it at all.
    We discussed how divine animal fat is, and how it's the really good things in life that people are always wanting to give up and sucker other people in to praising them for doing it. You know... a lot of the time people slip into the Vegetarians thing by first giving up the red meat... so no more steak and pork fat... which is fucking delicious! And everyone is like "Oh wow, good job!"... Then they give up chicken, eggs, fish, and even dairy fats and go Vegan (in my world, good dairy fat is right up there with near heavenly... but not quite meat fat, unless you add sugar!, which is kinda cheating... but IMO also limits consumption)... and then it's all "WOW, you're really serious about being healthy?!"
    I mean... these are ascetic maneuvers, these people are some sort of martyrs in most peoples eyes even if they aren't acknowledging that at a fully conscious level.
    No one ever gets that feeling about a person who says "Hey, I'm giving up eating spinach."
    You know why... because not one single person ever had one of those eyes rolling back in their heads, moan inducing moments from having a fucking bite of spinach in their mouth.
    Seriously.
    Meat... NOT lean meat, but meat-fat... the proper bite... I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again... that is meat sex in my mouth!
    Very few foods can do that on their own without doctoring up.
    Maybe a few fruits picked at the peak of perfect ripeness... a perfect peach dripping with sweet juice warm off the tree? Maybe.
    But meat... not a big problem. the right amount of meat to fat, the proper lick of flame... a tad of hunger.
    Meat sex in my mouth. Works every time.
    A fat juicy scallop seared in some bacon fat... yep, meat sex right there in my mouth. Yum.

I gave up spinach. And tomato sauce. And a long list of other things. But, no dear, I'm no ascetic...no martyr.
    I'm just a meat-fat slut.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member

And always the ghosts... of mother singing and picking.

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 39 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast