Page 29 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 29

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    It's a very medicated kind of evening...

So things are somewhere between this...

And this...

But at least as cruddy as watching THIS... for like and hour. Without blinking.

Evil Derp Kitteh is not as innocent as he looks.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Saturday Morning Torture Times has been rescheduled for Friday afternoon this week...
    Yup... today!

Which means I will be going to pick up milks and have dinner out with husband AFTER I get the work over.
    Upper body deep tissue massage and pressure point release...
    My hair will be JACKED!
    Yeah, the massage oil stuff gets all up in the back of my hair.
    I'll pretend I don't care, but I prefer my hair without and stuff in it.

I also got an email notice that I have an appointment to get my hair done next Thursday...
    Which is my ER-versary.
    Odd coincidence. I did not think of that when I scheduled it.
    However, I may cancel it depending on what I find out about my impending test appointments...
    Which will determine how soon Head Drilling Time comes
    I poked people again today via telephone, and was told that they would call back.
    The lady in the Neurosurgeons office had expected that the hospital where the tests will be done would have called me already.
    Sometimes I fear that they write down the wrong number because of my speech impairment.

Last week I had to make a phone call to a product support line... the person answering had a very thick foreign accent, possibly Indian, and between us it was USELESS. He couldn't understand me, no matter how clear I was trying to be. I had to hang up and call again to try and get someone else... and it worked. The next person had a very light accent and she did have as many problems understanding me through my speech issues.

Having phone conversations on a bad speech day is REALLY frustrating.
    I have to concentrate very hard on enunciating the words properly, and they still come out all weird.
    Sometimes it gets so bad that even husband can't understand... but that's probably because I don't always focus so hard on clear speech with him because it's more casual.
    He will look at me and go "WTH did you just say..."
    If it's a pain for him to understand the second time around when I'm trying harder then it's just time for me to stop and be quiet for a while. (Like the rest of the day.)

Laters peeps.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Good luck, Cori.

*Hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Good luck, Cori.

*Hugs*
    Hugs are fabulous.

Torture Time was as expected... though not quite as bad as some previous appointments.
    Afterward I had some time to kill as I needed to wait a little bit for husband to get off of work and come pick me up.
    (Have I ever mentioned that not driving sucks.)
    Anyway, I walked a little bit down the row of the shopping center and went into The Vitamin Shoppe, because it was hot and sticky outside.
    I meandered around and decided to get a few things.
    I got a pound of Chia seeds, a jar of Nutiva Coconut Manna, and a medium spice type bottle of Xylitol.
    I also got two Kind bars(they were 2for$3), one apricot coconut and one chocolate cherry, because it was about 4:30 and I was, oddly, a bit peckish.
    I was looking for Lara bars but they didn't have any... I settled even though the Kind bars are not exactly perfect. There is a bit of sunflower oil in there. Whatever.
    Oh! I got some yummy all natural mints too... Meltzer's Puremints pastilles in Spearmint(w/ green tea, parsley, and peppermint) and DGL Licorice(w/ Anise, Fennel, and Cardamom).

And I was done... I needed to sit so I walked slowly back to the Spa and found a quiet spot and nibbled away on the chocolate-cherry Kind bar until it was gone... and wished I had a big drink because it was sweet! But also really tasty. And not a terrible treat to have.

I was just starting to rain when husband arrived. I asked him if he wanted me to melt away like a certain witch.
    Then we were off home for a little rest before Milk Getting Time.

After picking up milk(with the cooler/ice) we stopped and got dinner at a little Mexican place that uses local produce and dose a fine job of cooking up delicious steak fajitas for me to eat with a fork.

Then we did some necessary shopping: dog food, veggies, color safe bleach. So boring.
    I took looking for a new fish under consideration while at the pet store since I introduced the Smith's Fang Blenny I bought a bit ago to my reef earlier this week and I'm pretty sure he slipped his svelte little body into the skimmer box to the pump... and .... blender city.
    Next time I get a fish that small it will stay in QT until it grows larger... I've never had one die on me at introduction before and all others are happy/healthy so I'm pretty sure that is what happened.
    He was a skittish little fellow who liked to shoot away and hide at times, but he has not been seen at all since about 30min after intro... I think a regular new fish territory dispute/nosiness made him run into an unsafe place. The End.
    It would have looked like this had it matured...

...mine was pretty small, and mostly white with only a light blue tinge to the head thus far.
    I'm debating trying to find another of the same type, hopefully larger o just requiring much more time growing in the QT, before my surgery.
    Or just going with another fish...
    I liked that his color was distinct from the other residents, and that he tend to spend time higher in the water column than the others, at least in the QT he tended to.
    I've lost few fish in the time I've reefed, and never one quickly, always after a few years... It makes me feel bad.

I also wanted goats milk soap from the Vitamin Shoppe place, but they did't carry it.
    So I'll be ordering some Goat milk, Honey, and Oatmeal, and some Peppermint, Sea Clay, and Shea Butter (no minty goat milk soaps without something like patchouli or rosemary added... meh!) soaps from Amazon.

The xylitol I got is to add to the water w/ lime I drink constantly to keep the old kidneys rinsed out really well and prevent those pesky kidney stones that seem to come to everyone who takes the med I'm on but me. Yes... I pat myself on the back for that.
    Anyway, that med can cause tooth damage as well, plus sipping on slightly acidic liquid ALL day every day... so, since xylitol is supposed to protect the teeth I figured why not put a little bit in the water. Can't hurt.

While relaxing and watching a movie (I watched half of it last night, and watched the whole thing again tonight) I added a scoop of the chia seeds to a short glass of milk. So yummy.
    I haven't had any in quite a while, and it was good!
    Yep, I like the silly slimy/crunchy feel of them. It makes me happy.

The movie I watched was very good.
    Well... it was good to me. And I'll admit that it wasn't good at all in the mainstream sense.
    I don't even think it was released in theaters...
    Here is is. Beginners... Ewan McGregor, Christopher Plummer, Melanie Laurent, Goran Visnjic.

Give it a try.
    It's a beautiful examination of life.

Evidently listening to my massage therapists advice to "take a pain pill and relax this evening" (currently with heating pad) has given me a bit of the meandering typing fingers.
    Something like ADD diarrhea of the mouth.
    Irrelevant!
    And as a bonus you don't have to try and decipher the words as I speak them.

Tomorrow I'm going out to have a look at some new microwave ovens.
    I'm considering upgrading to one of those Microwave Convection Oven combos.
    We currently have an old toaster oven and semi-dead microwave... because I hate replacing that stuff.
    But, I think it might be more convenient to roll them both into one thing, which I can also use for baking smallish dinners for just husband and I instead of the big conventional oven.

I know... that's a terribly exciting thing to decide to get out and "DO" for the weekend. Right.
    Perhaps more goofing off will ensue...
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

I didn't wake up until 3pm today... but since I couldn't sleep until like 5am... whatever.

I went out yesterday to look to convection microwaves... because my OLD microwave is dying.
    Convection microwaves are kind of tough to find...
    I also bought some Teal dye to give my hair a littler perk up until I find out when it will be time for the haircut for surgery instead of paying gobs of money for a full "Do" this week... and then have to pay have it half shaved off a couple of weeks later.

I know... that was some really exciting "get out and do something" stuff this weekend, huh!

And in other news...
    If I don't go take a shower and go to the grocery store no one in my house will get to eat tonight.
    Husband evidently CARES about this situation.

~Friedrich Nietzsche

Paleobird Guest
    Hi Cori,

Grizz is baaaaaack on the iodine thread. Yikes. And there is some woman who is a self styled "breast activist of 20 years" who is circulating the FBD>>>cancer meme again. WTF is a "breast activist" anyway?

So, if you get bored you can go over and set her straight with all those great citations you already posted. *sigh*
    Or you could get on with your life. Up to you.

Hugs,
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hi Cori,

Grizz is baaaaaack on the iodine thread. Yikes. And there is some woman who is a self styled "breast activist of 20 years" who is circulating the FBD>>>cancer meme again. WTF is a "breast activist" anyway?

So, if you get bored you can go over and set her straight with all those great citations you already posted. *sigh*
    Or you could get on with your life. Up to you.

Hugs,
    Robin
    I peaked...
    My squished brain isn't so up for digging up and reviewing medical journal articles much lately.
    Light banter and endless random typing from taking pain meds is about it.

I read that Grizz wasn't quite welcomed as the self-styled iodine messiah that he makes himself out to be over at Curezone...
    Shocking right?
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Big news ... later!

Right now husband is dragging me out of the house to procure FOOD, because we didn't do it yesterday and I fed him my ground turkey breast (which he hates!). LOL
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

So, today I got the call.
    I'm scheduled for a special type of MRI (it had to be approved by the director of the hospital with the stipulation that a Medtronic rep MUST be in attendance during the procedure), a lumbar puncture under flouroscopy to check my CSF pressure again, and the Medtronic rep will also interrogate my Stim generator...
    Wednesday morning!

I really wasn't expecting it to happen so fast, but my doc (the Neurosurgeon) put a rush on it so it's all a GOgoGO.
    Next Monday I will be back in the Neurosurgeon's office to review the test results, go over the findings, and if everything is as he believes, schedule a surgery date...
    And this guy doesn't play around. He is in the O.R. allllllll the time.

I could be just a couple of short weeks away from surgery right now.

Fer'serious!
    It's all going a bit faster than I honestly expected it would.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Fer'serious!
    It's all going a bit faster than I honestly expected it would.
    It is a lot like being at an amusement park, waiting for the brand-new scarier-than-hell roller coaster: wait in line for ages, then get in the car and wait some more, then you get a little action as the thing starts to move and climb - but all of a sudden...
    ZOOOOOOOOM!!!

Here's more HUGS! I've been lurking a lot lately and thought I should finally say something.

Page 29 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast