Page 28 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 28

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    You are the most special snowflake evahhhhh!

I just thought I'd drop in and say hi to my comrade in arms from fighting the forces of ignorance on the iodine thread.

This was my attempt at rocking the cue ball look.

My Picture the cue ball.jpg

It does grow back. Really it does.

Transcontinental hugs to you. With such a great guy and an adorable pooch for support, I'm sure you will be just fine.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    You could always just shave one side of your head completely. Be kinda goofy, but I bet with some colors, you could make it a "look"

That all sounds like good news though. I hope they can sort out your sha-jay-jay soon.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Yes to asking for the ?! As soon as you mentioned them I was thinking it's at least worth a try. No reason not to get a badass scar out of it, right

I hope I wasn't the only one that saw this: Jean-Baptiste Emmanuel Zorg by ~zombat on deviantART when you mentioned a half-shaved head, Wonder

Glad things are moving forward and it sounds like you found a good doc. They're precious when you get them.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    I'm not quite sure what you're facing - I'm not a neurosurgeon - but I just wanted to let you know that I have a shunt. I have some cool scars on my neck where they put in some extra pipework and occasionally a hairdresser will notice the little spine (that's what it feels like) behind my right ear, but otherwise it is undetectable and I rarely think about it. My coworker's adult son has had a similar experience - minus the neck scars as his was fitted with extra piping to begin with. Mine and his were both fitted when we were babies for hydrocephalus and we're both what passes for normal now. It is possible to have major surgery and come out okay
    I hope that is your experience and I wish you a very speedy recovery. Thank you for posting the surgery vid - I shall watch it when I get home.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks everybodys!

Making things 'happen' has been a bit stressful as I've been having to deal with the VA some about one of the steps.
    And dealing with them is ALWAYS like having teeth pulled sans anesthesia.
    I posted a GOTD about them... then I made some real headway by flat out refusing to talk to the phone nurses and demanding to speak with my doctor's nurse/pa.
    If you make a big enough fuss and all...
    It worked mostly, we are just hashing out some details, and I should have a date scheduled for Neuro-Stim generator interrogation tomorrow!

Also, husband's mom is still in the hospital and not doing well enough to go home yet, though she is certainly better than she was when she needed the feeding tubes (glucose/vitamins into vein) and NG tube inserted last week.
    They had to give her two units of blood yesterday due to low hemoglobin.
    So I'm not sure if the appendicitis is the end of the story.

I haven't fully decided on my hair yet (but I LOVE that pic Wonder!)
    I have had part of my head shaved before, center of the back of my neck, for an incision about 5inches long that goes a couple of inches into my hairline... and I had longer hair at the time and remember how sticky things were and how my hair was always getting on the incision and gunky.
    That said I'll either be going with a half shave and crazy color... even though I don't know what I'll do with it like that as it grows back out. Or I'll just go nutz short/full shave! Some of that depends of if it will be a left or right side incision... as I wear my hair parted on the right and brushed to the left. Doing the opposite feels weird and uncomfortable so the hair would be over it/touching it all the time. Not good, cause then I'd be touching it a lot too.
    I am SO asking for the ?.
    There will be a smaller incision further back.

I actually am due to be at the salon... pretty much now.
    My blue is pretty faded, and my blond roots are showing badly.
    I might pick up some teal/blue dye to perk it up with myself just a bit...
    Because if it's just going to be a few more weeks until a DRASTIC change, ala Color and Shave...
    I figure I don't need to be in there getting my standard right now. *shrug*

Badgergirl- I have a little bit of experience with risky surgery and surgery in general. I have Neuro-Stimulator that was originally installed in '99 and has been worked on many times since. The wiring goes all the way to C1/C2, so darn near the base of my skull.
    "Brain surgery" feels like a bigger deal though.
    It's good to hear from people who have had it done and where it's been successful. So thank you!
    A lady in the support community I'm a part of died after complications from a VP shunt this year. But it doesn't happen often.
    My doctor is actually a Pediatric Neuro-surgeon, so he does a lot of shunts... like 5 a week!
    He actually specialized in Pediatric Neuro so that he could so more surgical corrections than regular adult neurosurgeons do.
    He is suppose to be really good at this.

I found an excellent new placement video on Youtube...
    If anyone wants to watch.
    Of course feel free to not watch it if you get creeped out a bit easily...
    I find it fascinating, and I wonder if I can get a video of my own!
    (This video shows the same type of shunt that my doc will use.)

Husband wants to know what I want to do this weekend...
    I'm thinking on it.

Next week is my 1yr ER-versary, so I'll be doing something then to celebrate being alive for sure.
    Even if I wasn't actually going to die, husband and I, and the ER staff as well for a while, both thought it was a good possibility.
    It gives you perspective and stuff.
    He said I need to get out a bit while I can, before I'm not able to get around for a while because of healing from surgery.
    He's right.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Is watching this weeks episode of Trueblood for the third time... Because... Ummmmm...

Joe Manganiello NAKED and sexing!!!

Yep.
    That's why.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

~Friedrich Nietzsche

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    we just watched episode 8, season 2.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Thanks everybodys!
    I am SO asking for the ?.
    There will be a smaller incision further back.
    Badgergirl- I have a little bit of experience with risky surgery and surgery in general. I have Neuro-Stimulator that was originally installed in '99 and has been worked on many times since. The wiring goes all the way to C1/C2, so darn near the base of my skull.
    "Brain surgery" feels like a bigger deal though.
    It's good to hear from people who have had it done and where it's been successful. So thank you!
    A lady in the support community I'm a part of died after complications from a VP shunt this year. But it doesn't happen often.
    My doctor is actually a Pediatric Neuro-surgeon, so he does a lot of shunts... like 5 a week!
    He actually specialized in Pediatric Neuro so that he could so more surgical corrections than regular adult neurosurgeons do.
    He is suppose to be really good at this.

I found an excellent new placement video on Youtube...
    If anyone wants to watch.
    Of course feel free to not watch it if you get creeped out a bit easily...
    I find it fascinating, and I wonder if I can get a video of my own!
    (This video shows the same type of shunt that my doc will use.)
    I can totally understand wanting to get a video. As my own brain surgery was done when I was born (and before I was adopted) the inital process has always been something of a mystery - there's never been anyone to ask. I've quizzed everyone I've met about it, but often (as each procedure is a little different) their experience or knowledge doesn't map to the little bits I know about my own. Lord only knows, for instance, why mine was set to drain into the heart when everyone else's drains into the stomach area. That said, I got the all clear at around seven years old and was totally discharged from check ups at 12 years old so they must have done something right. The surgeon said he could remove the shunt if I wanted, but that seemed rather silly as it would be brain surgery again. A week later I ran out in front of a car and - among other things - fractured my skull. The docs told my mum the shunt helped me survive that little incident... I'm rather fond of it. And my neck scars are fabulous - people really think I've attempted to cut my own throat. Perhaps I should start selling pies (Terry Pratchett joke).
    I really, really hope that this surgery helps you with all the sensory overload stuff you've been suffering. And it sounds as though you have the best team and a great outlook on it. I can't wait to see your question mark scar. I'll be following along and wishing you well from the other side of the planet.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Cori,

Usually, when I read a new journal (new to me, I mean), if it's long, I read the first few pages to see where the person started, and the last few to see where they are now.

Tonight/this morning, I started at page one of your journal, and you have kept me totally mesmerized. I even got up about a half hour ago and made a cup of espresso because I didn't want to lose the continuity for something as silly as sleep. Thank you so much for sharing all of this. This may be some of the bravest writing I've seen... well, ever.

Page 28 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast