Page 27 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 27

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    nah, not too morbid. very serious, heavy stuff, but not too morbid. i'm glad you shared it with us. I really need to get on the Will thing. i think hubby and i are getting life insurance soon, the biggest decision will be who gets the kids if we all kick the bucket. it's really tough, no one will parent quite as we do of course. i could care less what happens to anything else, but of course whoever gets the kids also takes responsibility for our material wealth (*scoff*) until the kids are adults.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    The will and directive really is important. I was really glad that my mother had put all that stuff together when she was first diagnosed, and then we sat down and talked really honestly and openly about her wishes. It also meant that I could shove all that in my awful aunt's face when she was trying to bully the nurses into measures I knew my mother wouldn't want. It's hard for people who love someone to make those decisions in an emotional state, so doing it now helps you and them.

Hopefully it's not needed and all goes well, but organizing all that is probably one of the most loving things you can do for the people who care about you.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    The Will and Advanced directive thing is really for my husband.
    I mean, I obviously have preferences... but I'll be gone and it really won't matter much to ME at that point.
    But I think that he would like to honor my wishes, and he really knows what those are just from talking... but it will be easier if it's all in one place for him to find, and in black and white so that he can just pop out the paper and say 'Sorry, but this is what SHE wanted" if anyone has other things in mind.
    Words like that tend to keep people at bay who are trying to make a loved ones death fit their own needs.

Weirdness this weekend.
    I'm home alone.
    As I posted in the GOTD thread my MiL is very sick in the hospital, her husband is being an absolute AssShat, and husband needed to take off work and go to NC to be with her and handle the situation.
    So, husband left very early Thursday morning, waaaaay before I was awake, and I'm home alone!
    It's a little weird since he is basically the only person that I speak to, so things are VERY quiet here.
    It's not bad though.
    I watched a movie on Netflix last night... Snow Flower and the Secret Fan... a very nice adaptation of the book IMO.
    I talk to my dogs a little, but mostly we just hang out and be quiet.
    I read... they sleep.
    My big guy Tommy, the white GSD, seems to know that something is up since daddy isn't home and is staying right next to me doing a job he has decided he needs to do... playing at being a guard dog. LOL

I love my guy. Dog... whatever. He's muh boy!
    He's a natural... and I do have to books for training him for service in my car at Amazon awaiting my next order.

Dear sweet husband will be home on Sunday because I have to go see the new NeurosurgeonDoctorGuy on Monday morning...
    A bit strangely the appointment to see the NS corresponds to almost exactly 1 year on me being sick.
    So... I have an anniversary coming up...
    The anniversary of my notsohappyERunfuntimes... wondering how to celebrate.
    Yes, celebrate!
    I was pretty sure I was going to die...
    Losing bodily functions in front of strange people who have you mostly naked should totally be more distressing.
    It's only mildly embarrassing in hindsight, and I feel a little weird that I was conscious of it but had no reaction at all, other than wanting to close my eyes and rest and find peace.
    Anyway... Since I didn't die a celebration is definitely in order!
    I be working on what it might be...
    Would be really nuts if the doc schedules me for surgery that day...
    Like Twilight Zone worthy.

Now... back to reading and being quiet.
    And feeling all gross tummied... because I made a very lean dinner (my one meal of the day, which husband had to goad me into eating via text)... then felt guilty topped it off with some coconut milk so get some calories in me because I was WAY under for the day. BLEH!
    My tummy says Noooooooo!
    That CICO thread has me all conscious of calories...
    And I just have no clue WTF I'm supposed to do.
    It makes me really feel like I'm doing damage... but what the hell.
    I'm the freaking "Special Snowflake" queen...
    Has anyone seen my cubic zirconium tiara?
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-27-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

I'm glad you have your guy there. Before hubby coming back, so many nights I wished i had a big beautiful dog sleeping at the foot of my bed with me.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    My dogs always make me feel better when my partner is away. Your guy is a very sweet and loyal looking beastie.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

My honey is gonna be home soon!

Also, I spent part of my alone time this weekend getting rid of clothing...
    "Too big" clothing!
    Including "too big" yoga pants!
    When yoga pants are too big, you KNOW it's time to...

Other good news about clothes sorting... I found some smaller sized replacement jeans in my stash that fit, and are in good shape. As well as a few nice pairs for when I'm down another 10 or so pounds.
    I HATE shopping, so this makes me happy.

I am admittedly still holding on to a couple of favorite pairs of super baggy sweat pants... they have they WIDE low waist band that is awesome, and they "hang from my hips" just like in that 50 shades book... it is however NOT sexy. It actually looks frumpy as hell. Just sayn.
    They will probably need to be tossed soon... cause they aren't far from just plain fall off baggy. I had to retire one pair of them because the string broke and they won't stay up anymore... I assume the string broke from age... it was NOT under any stress even when pulling them on and off.
    I also have TOO many hoodies... I mean I have like 10... and we had maybe 10 total days cold enough to even wear them last year.
    I got rid of two big sweat shirts- 1 hoodie. I LOVE hoodies... and they are comfy even 3 sizes too big, so... I think that I'll wait until winter and any that I just am not wearing at all can go then.

I also found some old conventional shoes... tossed them!
    And lost one of the two pounds I gained during the Debauchery Makes Cori Munch on Too Many Mangoes Time.
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-29-2012 at 05:24 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Ok...
    I got excited too quick.
    Husband was tired and went to take a nap almost immediately.
    Of course... in the 5 minutes or so that we chatted I spoke more than I have since Wednesday.
    He was laughing at me because I never once turned on the TV...

Tonight probably I'll be silly and not sleep because tomorrow is my Neurosurgeon appointment.
    Nerves. Bleh.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Things that happened on Monday...

I didn't sleep enough and had to get up too early.
    I drank delicious iced coffee and that made it better.
    I went to husbands office with him and chatted with his 'office wives' for a little while before we had to leave.
    Found the neurosurgeons office very easily thanks to the modern convenience of that big ol' GPS int he dash of the car.
    Filled out a crap-ton of paperwork. (Ughhh- 'new patient' stuff sucks.)
    Met the really awesome and nice neurosurgeon.
    Discussed my issues and talked plans.
    Got shown a real Sha-jay-jay... the kind they put in your head.
    Found out that my doc really things I'll be better off with the thing stuck in my head.
    Digging around in/near the other appliance and wiring in my back is just asking for trouble I guess.
    Found out that he does the incision close to the front just like in the picture I posted. (This)

So hair cutting/shaving will have to coordinate.
    I'm SO asking the doc to make it look like a question mark.
    He's kind of a happy/laughs kind of doc... so even if he says 'no', he'll get a chuckle out of it.

So... I have to do some things first.
    He is sending me to have a special MRI head only procedure that is safe for me.
    Very special I guess as no other doctor has come up with this... they all just assumed I could do it because of my other issue.
    I have to have another Lumbar Puncture to check current pressure.
    And I have to have my neuro-stim generator interrogated by a Medtronic rep.
    Strangely this last bit is the hardest to accomplish because I have to go through the VA to have it done.
    And dealing with the VA is kind of like trying to yourself buy sucking the exhaust directly out of a hot tail pipe.
    Fucking unpleasant

Anyway... Doc says he's sure I'm a few short steps away from hole drilling time.
    Once those steps are complete, assuming nothing crazy shows up on the tests, it's on to scheduling the surgery.
    Being in his office and talking/listening a lot wore me out...
    I'm all painful and feel like I've been beat up, and dog tired.
    I had husband take me to lunch before he dropped me at home and headed back to work.
    Yummy Cuban pork!
    But after eating that I told husband that there was no way I could eat dinner too...
    So he said we could skip dinner and brought me home a piece of that ganache covered cheesecake.
    I'm going to use it to wash down some magic tylenol.

He's a good man.

Between husband and Doc there was also a direct confirmation that I am a special snowflake.
    How about that...
    It's legit now!
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-30-2012 at 03:34 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i'm happy for youuuuu
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

awww...
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post

+1000

Page 27 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast