Page 23 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 23

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    After all those yummy descriptions of sushi, I'm sitting here eating left over salmon for breaky - the closest thing I've got to it in the house - plus I'm a total salmon head!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Ok... so admittedly TODAY... I wouldn't eat it.
    Last night I was still obviously 'high' on the NOMs!

Today is pay the piper day.
    Head is considering exploding...
    Even blinking hurts.
    It's a good thing I have magic tylenol.
    Aka... hydros... Shhhh... it's a secret.
    I only take them when the shit hits the fan.
    And today it's more like my head is getting stretched/sucked into a black hole.
    The shit has not only hit the fan... it's has sprayed nasty all over the wall and all the furniture as well.
    BLEEERRRGGGG!

I want to drink ALL the WATER.
    But I know I have to pace myself...
    My self inflicted feeling bad is so pathetic. LOL

I Can Haz Sha-jay-jay Naow?
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-01-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Ahh... the 4th of July.
    An American holiday that my German Shepard HATES.
    Poor, poor, baby.
    The other two pups don't much like it either...
    All the booms make them nervous and anxious.

I had a cruddy day.
    Scrounged out some pork chops and frozen spinach.
    That's all I had veg wise.
    So... husband grilled the chops and I creamed the spinach.
    And I made it through another day without leaving the house.
    I may just manage the whole week.
    Wait... no, I won't. *crap*
    I'm almost out of meds and have to get a scrip filled tomorrow...
    At least to pick up on Friday when I go to get milk, or the world WILL END.
    Drama? Nooooooo!
    Well, maybe just a little since it would only be my world ending/head exploding.
    Speaking of heads... mine wants magic tylenol and I'm resisting it.
    Resisting it valiantly even...
    Or not.

Here...
    All the HEROS for the 4th, and my favorite Heroine!

And more WW, because I lover her.
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-04-2012 at 09:45 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

My head was mush and I went to bed early for a change last night... was dozing off in my chair anyway.
    So I was sleeping by 9pm. Like a baby for a change.
    Sometimes my head just gets so tired...
    Then... 2:30am... and I wake up to a horrible squicking sound coming from the HVAC closet.
    Bahhhhhh....
    I opened the door, no frozens... husband wouldn't wake up.
    I tried to go back to sleep but the noise was trying to bore it's way straight into my central nervous system and kill me or something.
    So... awake. Put on the QC15s to block out most of the world... and back to the chair and laptop.
    I'd really like to sleep again.

I'm also betting that it's not going to be easy to get a AC guy out here in a timely manner on a Friday.
    And I'll have to be awake to make the call to get him here... BLEH!

Yesterday I had to have husband take me to Walmart to deal with my prescription issues, pick-up is today... which is good or I'd be out of meds.
    I'm back to wearing the QC15's pretty much full time.
    I wore them to Walmart and in the restaurant for dinner... the husband making life easier for me by insisting I not cook on days we have to run around.
    I had to stare down one older man a bit.
    Sometimes I think I should just go ahead and embarrass people like that by walking up, grabbing their hand to shake it, and saying "Hi, I have a disability... what's your excuse?"
    It's one of those things... with more traditional assistive devices (canes, wheelchairs, etc) people are well trained in "not seeing". There is the glance, and then the look away and put on blinders effect.
    But with my headphones... NOOOOOOoooo. Stares and whispered commentary.
    Hell, if you're going to do THAT to someone and be so obvious... just ASK! It would be less insulting.
    Curiosity doesn't bother me. I will gladly explain that I have a neurological problem that causes me to hear too much and that the headphones block out extra noise, nice to meet you and have a nice day. All smiles.
    Otherwise... Fuck you.
    I will stare you down and make YOU uncomfortable.

My husband has said these words... "Why don't you take a picture..."

Though not quite the way Pee-wee says them.
    And usually with an expletive involved.
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-06-2012 at 02:30 AM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    there is a level of stupidity involved with staring that i can't really abide

'how dumb are you, really?'

mehh idiots.. but hey you could hint to your husband that a personal assistant would be a wonderful gift. and if he gets you one, think he'll ship me one too?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    there is a level of stupidity involved with staring that i can't really abide

'how dumb are you, really?'

mehh idiots.. but hey you could hint to your husband that a personal assistant would be a wonderful gift. and if he gets you one, think he'll ship me one too?
    Hmmm... What are the chances I can talk him into hiring that Joe M. fella to be my personal assistant...
    Based on the fact that he's really tall and intimidating ONLY of course.

** I may develop a sudden need for sponge baths.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    sponge baths are tooootally understandable and just might be the thing you need *nodnodnod*
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    If I saw someone wearing headphones that did not appear to be attached to a music-making device (or was in a situation where that would be pretty unusual), I think I'd smile at them, should we make eye contact. Just seems like someone who might need a smile! Otherwise I'd be like, "Oh, headphones, moving on..."
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

A slack-jawed Cletus at Wal*Mart? Get the fuck out! I once saw someone with plumber's crack there, but that's the exception that proves the rule, I'm sure.

People are... how shall I put this?... Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    A slack-jawed Cletus at Wal*Mart? Get the fuck out! I once saw someone with plumber's crack there, but that's the exception that proves the rule, I'm sure.

People are... how shall I put this?... Idiots.
    As odd as it may seem the idiot was in the nice, white collar, upper middle class restaurant we were in after Walmart.
    And he ws a very well dressed, upper middle class type fellow who did not seem out of his element.
    I would propose that it may have been my blue hair bothering him, but with the way the headphones fit they push my hair back like I'm wearing a wide headband, and only the natural blonde under color was visible from where he was sitting, and with the low lighting.

The slack-jawed Cletus' of the Walmart world actually tend to mind their own business.
    Either that or I just don't really make the cut for "strange things/people to stare at in Walmart".

But yes... people are idiots.

Today husband and I picked up our milk for the week and then stopped at a little Mexican restaurant that we like... they even use local/farmers market produce as much as possible.
    Among this less affluent crowd I had no rude stares, a few casual glances... but no sneers at all.

Here is a link if anyone is wondering what my headset looks like when I'm wearing it out in the world. (Just stock Bose pics)
    Bose | QuietComfort® 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones | Noise Cancelling Headphones

As far as eating out two nights in a row... MEH!
    Not optimal. Can't control oils.
    But I can eat pretty well... meat(tonight) or fish(last night) and veg.
    And sometimes that's all I can ask for these days.
    Between picking up the milk and heading back to walmart again to pick up the scrip...
    I'm completely worn OUT!
    I just don't have it in me to do both shopping and cooking on the same day.
    All those noises and visual inputs hijack something in my head and take all of my energy just to keep myself conscious and coherent during outings.
    Then after we got back home my speech was getting so bad even husband couldn't understand much I was saying.
    I was having to repeat and try to enunciate forcefully.
    And he still said I was speaking 'Norwegian'.
    So now it's quiet time.
    He's killing people on the computer game.
    And I'm chilling in a mostly dark, and quiet, room.
    I can read, I can type.
    I can watch my fish be fishy and hermit crabs crabby.
    But there will be no TV or videos,
    No music...
    I'm back to almost constant self imposed 'quiet'
    Because most noise and music has become quite agitating
    If not completely painful again.

There is a pun here... sort of.
    A.) Well... obviously! I'm stuck doing a lot of imagining of living rather that getting out and doing.
    B.) I'm actually really hoping that things ARE interesting inside my head.
    The neuro-surgeon my other doc referred me to has not gotten back to me yet...
    He is pretty selective about the cases he takes.
    He is supposed to be a really good NS and CAN be as picky as he wants to be.
    Right now I want the stupid things wrong with my head to be as 'interesting' as possible so I don't get file 13'd.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 23 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast