Page 16 of 105 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 16

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    well i like shiznit.
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    shiznit is the bizzzomb.

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the visible weight loss! Woo hoo for falling-off pants! And now I know what I'll be watching when I get home tonight.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

I do not want to be a Special Snowflake.
    I'm sick of it.
    I start increasing my med dosage to 3000mg/day tonight.
    This ought to be fun. Side effects incoming!
    I have 10 days to see if it will help sufficiently, but it's the upper limit of what my doc will prescribe.
    So, even if it works... it's a limited road. It's not going to last long-term.
    I want to go take a nap and wake up later and forget that my doctor has decided to start discussing shunt surgeries.
    Due to the fact that I managed to forget my own name for a couple of minutes this week, I'm hoping that it won't be all that hard.

Listening is borderline now, not as bad as before meds but getting there... if the meds help I'll have a little longer before I won't be able to listen at all again. Getting in some good stuff while my head will still allow it.

Hoping my other doctor gets back from vacation soon. Maybe he'll come up with something more positive.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-18-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

*Hugs* since I don't have anything more constructive to offer.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    *Hugs* since I don't have anything more constructive to offer.
    +1
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Yesterday, after getting home from the doc, husband went back to work and I napped.
    I know, I drifted off to the Goldberg Variations(above post)... sweet gig!

We had to go out to dinner after because there was seriously no food left in the house.
    The freezer had one little package of two boneless/skinless breasts and no veg, and the refrigerator had neither veg nor salad fixin stuff.
    We went to one of the little places that I can go and get a plate 'unseasoned'.
    Living in FL among all the retirees does sometimes have some small perks if you know where to look.
    The smaller establishments, non-chain, that are outside of the golfing and 'active adult' communities are often very willing to cater to all sorts of special dietary needs since their largest customer base is in the age group needing them. Some of the Seniors around here eat out for lunch and/or dinner everyday... it's lucrative to cater to their whims in some cases. And works in my favor in this instance.

During dinner husband wanted to talk about the shunt surgeries that are starting to appear to be inevitable.
    He became very emotional, which is unlike him.
    My quality of life issues affect him too of course, only he seems to feel even more helpless.
    Part of this stems from the fact that he knows that I won't live permanently in pain/befuddled/unable to be independent in any way.
    I haven't voiced this recently to him.
    But I did have a very plain conversation with him about it many years ago when we were newly married, and I was very sick with my other disease (before the surgeries)... and he knows that I still feel the same way.
    For now I'm not to that point of course, we still have avenues to try.
    And my definition of how bad things would need to be is probably more flexible than when I was in my 20's.
    I can read, I can watch my fish swim around their little slice of reef...
    But one day this week I couldn't even remember my name for a couple of minutes.
    It's humbling, that level of confusion and inability to think.
    I laughed it off at the time, but it scares me.
    Husband is advocating the shunt surgery.
    I think he sees my taking the higher dose of meds as just putting off the inevitable, and making the whole process of me 'getting better' take longer.
    He wants to see me somewhat 'normal' again.
    Able to leave the house and do things... kayak a bit, fish with him, whatever... not just lay in the house while the world rushes by.
    I know that one shunt surgery does not guarantee that.
    Many people have to have several surgeries to get the shunt right before they get any relief.
    And the three women in the community forum who have died... shunts.

After dinner we had to stop at the pet store for dog shampoo and some cat food for the Grey Ladies (aka Porch Pussies).
    I also got a new fish for my reef... my little bastion of sanity.
    New fish is a Smith's Fang Blenny... FreshMarine.com - Smith's Fang Blenny - Meiacanthus smithii - Smith's Disco Blenny
    (I need to do a whole post on my reef and it's characters.)
    Getting the new fish meant that the little Bicolor Blenny that had already been living in my quarantine tank would have to come out and move into the big tank last night.
    So, I caught the little fellow (Mr. Peepers), and acclimated both fishes to their new respective homes.
    So far so good.
    I even saw shy little Mr Peepers in the big tank today... I was worried that once he had all that rock to hide in I'd never see him again.
    He came out at feeding time too, which for me means that his time in quarantine was well spent!
    He learned to eat frozen prepared foods like a champ.
    What a good fish.
    The new guy tentatively picked at some frozen brine shrimp and cyclops too... but I started up the live Baby Brine Shrimp hatchery for fresh just in case it takes him a while to swap.
    Fish can be fickle... but EVERYBODY loves live BBS!

I started my new, higher, dose of meds last night.
    My guts hate me today.
    Nausea thinks it should be my best friend evidently.
    I know that this will get worse before it gets better.
    Doc gave me about 10 days to see if this will work... the first 5 days will be so miserable for my guts I won't be sure.
    Two doses down and head and speech still suck.

Hearing is really sensitive, but I'm hanging with ThePianoGuys, and other classical stuffish, on low volume and it feels pretty good.

~Friedrich Nietzsche

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Love your new fishy stories. I used to have salt water tanks before kids, when I was working and we were rich I joke now that it would have been cheaper to be into cocaine - the guy at the fish store loved me - I'd spend like 300-500 each week on new cool stuff or another tank. I used to spend sooooo mnay hours each week and could always tell when something was up with the local water supply - even though they always said everything was okydoky - but the fish don't lie! I eventually started buying bottled water for all the water changes. Now I have a few gold fish from a friend's pond. Love 'em - they don't ask for much and don't just up and die!

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Love your new fishy stories. I used to have salt water tanks before kids, when I was working and we were rich I joke now that it would have been cheaper to be into cocaine - the guy at the fish store loved me - I'd spend like 300-500 each week on new cool stuff or another tank. I used to spend sooooo mnay hours each week and could always tell when something was up with the local water supply - even though they always said everything was okydoky - but the fish don't lie! I eventually started buying bottled water for all the water changes. Now I have a few gold fish from a friend's pond. Love 'em - they don't ask for much and don't just up and die!
    You just made me realize that I referenced a Reef tank as a "bastion of sanity".
    Umm... HAhahahahhahahaaa....
    That's funny isn't it!
    What is sane about sustaining a slice of the ocean, complete with fickle fish and persnickety corals and other inverts in a glass case inside ones home?
    That said I'm a pretty conservative reefer.
    I use a big 5stage RO/DI filter system for all water.
    I lose a fish here and there (death after years, jumper, or personality conflict that shouldn't have happened but did)... but some of them have been with me from the beginning... 9 years ago.

All in all... since I'm home alone most all the time... the dogs are good cuddle company, and tinkering with the tank and watching my fish be fishy does somehow keep me sane.
    That saying... 'nothing good ever happens fast in a reef'... I live that.
    Yes... I want BIGGER.
    And maybe a small species display for a Peacock Mantis because they are so FUN.
    But for now I just have to keep up with my tank as it is.
    Not long ago being sick caught up with me and I had a bit of a Ph crash because I was forgetting to add my daily 2part buffer.
    I need to just install a new drip system for it.
    My old (really old)drip system ganked a while ago, and I haven't replaced it because I can't really go on vacation anyway.
    Probably time to fix that as husband is clueless about tank chores...
    If I need surgery the ATO and buffers will need to be dripped again.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    My hubby was clueless about tank stuff too. I was the one that could tell there was a problem by looking at the fishies. Sounds like it is time to get things set up to run a bit on their own as I imagine you'd be quite bummed to come home to disaster in the tank after a hospital stay.

Eh, we all have our own insane sanity-makers. Horses kept me stable for years. You have to be crazy to be into them. (And bad at money, I'm convinced. Sounds rather like reefs)

It would be good to get it all squared away. And it'll give you something to occupy you for the time-being

Hubby might not be good at reefs, but I was reading his reaction and thinking "Wow- that's the way it should be. Her pain is his. That's love."

Page 16 of 105 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast