Page 12 of 105 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 12

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Dude, how many times does she have to tell you to fuck off? Stop posting here!
    Highfives!

I'm starting to think it's a spambot.
    It inserts random comments all over the place that may or may not have anything to do with something within the last 5 pages of a thread.
    If it posts something that does make sense, or rather at least fit a topic, I assume that it's a random accident.

Anyway... Maybe it just didn't know what GTFO or GFYS meant.
    Thanks for clarifying that Wondergirl!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    I wanted to donate my 1100th comment to you.
    The wife was watching So You Think You Can Dance the other night and she said a guy danced to Sail, or "the ADD song" as she called it. She thought I had made it up.
    "The ADD song" ... that's so cute!
    And thanks for dedicating your 1100th post to little ol' me!
    I left something nice for you on your thread for when you return on Monday.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Here in "Sunny Florida" it has been raining for at least a week.
    The lovely hurricane Beryl came and then went on her merry way.
    And since then the gulf has delivered her payload of evaporative moisture to the hills of central FL with stunning regularity each and every day, accompanied by the requisite light and sound show... that sends my poor 95lb GSD into shivers of terror.

Most days I've been fine.
    Today was not one of those days.
    Not being "fine" started yesterday. By 8pm I was having trouble keeping my eyes open. This is not a normal problem for me as I'm a rather dedicated insomniac. By 9pm I was sleeping, and I continued to sleep clear through until 2pm this afternoon. I woke up with "ugh" and "errrhhhss" and much feeling of being hungover. Which is just a bit odd since I haven't had a drink in months. I managed to get my pills into my gut via an infusion of iced coffee, but said gut protested the whole time. And even the coffee wasn't making me feel better about being out of my bed. I just felt OFF, the kind of OFF that all those pills is supposed to prevent. The kind of OFF that tells me that my brain pressure is not playing nice today.

Today was Friday though. And Friday means milk day, and usually dinner out with husband evening. So I had to drag myself to the shower and clean myself up.
    Husband got home from work just after 5 and I got the rest of the story. We were chatting and I could feel it. Worse than feeling it I could HEAR it, and so could he. My tongue had decided to not function correctly today. So slurred and mangled speech was part of my deal today in addition to brain made of molasses... all slow and confused and derp.

It's been a good while since I had to put up with a stoopid tongue day, or a brain day as bad as this one in general. And my biggest problem is that I don't know what caused it. IF I knew then I could just avoid it and no problem, happy brain, fully functional tongue, happy me! The past week has been one long headache, with the really intense ones coming one after another and me eating the "supposed to stop the migraine" pills like pez. But I don't want that to be the answer... because then the answer is that the amout of meds I'm taking now isn't working well enough, and the side effects are already weighing heavy, or that the daily rainstorms are just going to make me worse when they happen which means ALL summer! Noooooooo.

I really don't want to go back to being the way I was before Dx and Rx at Christmas.
    I really don't.
    But I can already feel me getting ready to head for bed and sleep because I'm mad tired, and my head still hurts too much, and my tongue is still tight, and I can't say "r"s without sounding completely ridiculous. (My husband likes to test my speech by having me say Ben Roethlisburger... the first time I said it I nearly peed myself and fell out of the chair I was in. I was in a good mood that day. Days like today, it's just painful and lets me know that I FAIL. I may laugh, but it's bitter laughter and sometimes it hides a tear.)
    Crossing my fingers for a better day tomorrow...

I did accomplish going to a furniture store and buying a chair after picking up milk and having dinner however...
    (Despite husband trying to get me to stay home... I swear of I stayed home every time I didn't feel good!!! Hell, I only leave the house when he can drive/supervise me as it is. *sigh* Bitch mode off )
    A big poofy power recliner! (To be delivered on Thursday).
    My butt won out over my aesthetic sensibilities.
    Terribly embarrassing, but I figure I won't be standing around LOOKING at it as much as I'll be sitting in it.
    Being disabled and having chronic pain/illness gives one a fresh perspective like that.

And here is the monstrosity! It really isn't black... it's dark brown.

Hehehe... memory foam cushions for the tushy... power buttons.
    At least I don't have to look at it while I sit in it!
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-08-2012 at 08:58 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    couldn't find the "so you think you can dance" version, but this was insane!

i wish you didn't have to deal with that! i'll be thinking of you, keep us updated. btw your recliner looks super comfy!

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    couldn't find the "so you think you can dance" version, but this was insane!
    Very cool...
    I knew as soon as he walked into a room surrounded by broken glass that he had WAY more confidence in his selfcontrol of his bodily movements that I EVER have...

My husband was once warned by a family member that marrying me would be a little like living with Lucille Ball (aka her slapstick). It's too true. I'm completely uncoordinated and I fall down... it's a fact of my life.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-08-2012 at 09:33 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

i posted that and then saw your post, and almost took mine down.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post

i posted that and then saw your post, and almost took mine down.
    So silly...
    Post whatever you want. It will distract me from my stoopid brain day.
    Stoopid brain disease is pretty new to me...
    Most of my life I was just plain uncoordinated.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

uncoordinated just like my daughter.

it felt insensitive of me considering how your day was. i hadn't refreshed the page before posting. anyway, apparently you aren't silly like me.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Glad you didn't mind me telling off teh fierce. She does act just like a spammer in most cases, but with the threads she starts, I'm fairly convinced she is just a REALLY strange person. I think that says something coming from me.

Your chair looks awesome and I hope Thursday comes quickly for you!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 12 of 105 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast