Page 101 of 105 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1049

Thread: Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past page 101

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I spotted this article posted in the IPMG(international Paleo Movement Group) on FB this morning, and I thought I'd share it. It's a really good read.
    The Health and Fitness Industry Is Dead. And That Includes You, Paleo. - The Rebooted Body
    I imagine I'll do some more reading at this site... haven't really explored further yet.
    Wondering if Paula(pebbles) would appreciate a link to this in her journal... maybe I'll add it over there. Don't want to step on ant toes or anything. It's just some good reading about emotional issues and food IMO.

I also like the IPMG group on FB... I participated in a very nice and respectful debate there yesterday discussing high carb vs. low carb. Yes, respectful and civil. Wow, right! LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 Guest
    That is a good article. Thanks cori. I had no idea WPF and Paleo were fighting, then again, I really don't give two shits. Oh well.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I like IPMG too, had some nice discussions there about all kinds of things. I like being able to share my experience using amino acids w/ a group that might actually be interested (as opposed to among friends, who DGAF).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    That is a good article. Thanks cori. I had no idea WPF and Paleo were fighting, then again, I really don't give two shits. Oh well.
    I don't know about the WPFs and the Paleos either... but could relate it to the Matt Stones/Ray Peats and Primals here in this jacked up forum full of know-it -alls who have zero respect for individual needs. And sometimes don't even acknowledge the emotional factors around food as a legitimate or primary concern for many people.

The reality is eating real food that works for your body (whatever ratio that is) AND facing the emotional roadblocks that are your own or even eating right won't work long term because you are focused on the wrong goals.
    That's why I thought that link was important.
    I don't care about the branding/sugar/pufa pseudo-sci-babble wars between the Paleo/Primal/Peats/WPFs/Stone crowds either.

The few young jockish or naturally slim type know-it-alls here just have no clue that they are speaking to a crowd who really often does have very different weight loss issues than they do. They speak as if only a small minority of people have these issues when it's actually more accurate that many have actually been overweight for a long time and have tried multiple diets before and lost/gained back or failed.
    They believe in the "you're just not doing it right" mantra.
    Others believe they should be diagnosing people with thyroid/adrenal problems and telling them all sots of supplements to take.
    I've even seen that from some of the weight loss success folks around this forum. Not long ago there was a post from Magnolia about how horrible and hungry and bitchy dieting made you, and how you'd lose friends because you weren't eating or drinking... and to put your big girl panties on and be happy to be miserable but skinny.
    Well... not in my experience. I wrote a reply to all that drama and then deleted it.
    I'm staying out of the forums these days. They are utterly ridiculous.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I liked the viewpoint in the article. Sadly, I'm so jaded by the fitness industry and for so long - I mean Jane Fonda made fitness videos - that part of me is thinking the article is a lead-in to a whole new fad.

But better than anything is seeing you posting on a regular basis again.

I never lost friends because of my food choices, but I did get the monthly *sigh* from my mother the year I was being really strict on calories and wouldn't go eat at the "fine dining" eateries she liked. TGIF, Ruby Tuesday, Applebee's - you know, mall restaurants. LOL.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

While embarrassing, and at first slightly traumatic, voluntarily committing myself was certainly not such a bad idea... even though it was my husbands(because obviously it would have been really f*ing awkward if he had to call and have one of his buddies involuntarily cuff me and do it, LOL... even though somehow that was never said out loud) and I was very resistant to it. It was quite an enlightening week, and very helpful in the end.

See there... I spilled the can of beans.

Just rip the old band-aid off in one swipe, real simple like.
    It's easiest that way.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

I didn't want anyone to get the idea that I was advocating paying the guy that I posted the article from for his program... just maybe looking at the free info on the blog posts that he has available if it's relevant to your situation... like if you are an emotional eater or some such.

For instance, I don't have much of an issue with emotional eating anymore(though it does happen every once in a while still but with mostly primal sweets like macaroons or something marginal like nutella), but I do have depression and anxiety and I just listened to one of his pod-casts that I found relevant to those in addition to food issues...
    TRB009: 10 Steps to Achieving Fulfillment in Life and Avoiding Food and Exercise Addiction - The Rebooted Body
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    That was an interesting article. I already knew that when my head is really fucked, there's no point in trying to lose weight, but I didn't realize that when it's only kinda fucked, it's still getting in my way.

Ya know- I think the hardest part about knowing yourself is knowing when to throw in the towel and seek a professional. I'm too stubborn to be there yet. I'm glad it worked for you, though.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Oh, Cori - *hugs*. Glad you're on the mend/were brave enough to ask for help.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for the article. So true, I have been Primal going on three years. I lost 65, regained 40, lost 30, regained 10 etc. I find that I am tempted to pay for his program. I am that desperate, but it will have to wait due to finances.

I'm proud of you for everything you have done for yourself, brave lady.